People don't change; they only become more so.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

SubjectAuthor
* 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minuteSimon Mason
+- Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned chav-cyclist led police onJNugent
+* Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police onSimon Mason
|+* Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led policeSpike
||`- Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police onJNugent
|`- Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when fully-qualified chav on a bike ledJNugent
+* Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police onSimon Mason
|+* Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led policeSpike
||`* Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned fully-qualified chav-cyclistJNugent
|| `- Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned fully-qualifiedSpike
|+* Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police onSimon Mason
||+- Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police onSimon Mason
||+- Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police onSimon Mason
||+- Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police onJNugent
||`- Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police onSimon Mason
|`- Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when fully-qualified chav cyclist ledJNugent
`- Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police onSimon Mason

1
'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<022aafdb-9c8d-4f44-aaef-a6bc15ee5057n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31065&group=uk.rec.cycling#31065

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 23:08:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minute
chase in Hull
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 06:08 UTC

A "flagrant" banned driver who showed a "total disregard" for the rules of the road led police on a hair-raising and highly dangerous chase for 13 minutes before suddenly smashing into another car in a horrific crash.

Car-obsessed cannabis user Liam Robinson narrowly avoided killing a woman at the scene of the wreckage and she only cheated death by pure luck because there were metal railings to protect her.

He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull Crown Court heard.

Robinson, 33, of Queensgate Street, Hull, admitted causing serious injury by dangerous driving, fraudulently using a registration plate, driving while disqualified and having no insurance on June 9.

Matthew Moore-Taylor, prosecuting, said that Robinson was driving a BMW 3 on the A63 near South Cave at 5.05pm when he drove past police on the opposite carriageway and they realised that he was disqualified.

They followed him as he drove under the Humber Bridge towards Hessle, the Boothferry estate, Anlaby Park Road South, Hull Road and Anlaby Road at speeds sometimes reaching more than 100mph.

He undertook vehicles, weaved in and out of traffic, drove through three sets of red traffic lights and went the wrong way around a roundabout during the 13-minute chase. He dodged a tyre-bursting stinger device.

There were numerous pedestrians and motorcyclists around and Robinson missed a cyclist by only a few feet. The BMW later smashed into another car that was making a turn near a greengrocers in De La Pole Avenue.

A female pedestrian narrowly missed being killed but she was saved only by nearby metal railings that prevented a tragedy. The other car driver had no memory of what happened and woke up in hospital.

He suffered broken bones in his wrist and needed an operation to insert plates. He was in a plaster cast for two weeks and the wires were removed after six weeks. He was likely to have long-term effects.

A male passenger in Robinson's car "miraculously" suffered no physical injuries but he still had bouts of dizziness and often asked himself "What if?" when he remembered the accident.

Robinson was found to have switched the car's registration plates after buying it two weeks earlier. He tested positive for cannabis after the accident and he had smoked a joint that morning. He made no comment during police interview.

Robinson had convictions for 26 previous offences, including aggravated vehicle taking, seven for driving while banned and two for driving while unfit through drugs. He was banned from driving for four years in July 2021 and he was in breach of a 26-week suspended prison sentence imposed that day for driving while disqualified.

David Godfrey, mitigating, said: "It was an extremely poor piece of driving and that is something of an understatement. It's luck, not judgement, that someone wasn't killed.

"He doesn't really fully understand why he did what he did, other than that he panicked. He knew that he had a suspended sentence and he took the wrong course, something of an understatement, and it escalated.

"He feels real shame. His fascination with cars has got to come to a stop. He needs to realise that tinkering, working on cars is not something that he should be involved with."

Robinson had bought the car two weeks earlier and he intended to sell it. "He had gone to collect some parts and the police saw him," said Mr Godfrey. "He panicked and off he went. He has been working as a mechanic since he was 13 years old.

"He was looking at making some cash from the renovation of this vehicle. He was smoking upwards of £50 of cannabis a day. This was, in his words, messing with his head."

Robinson had not been to prison for about five years and had recently been living a "wholesome life" apart from "smoking far too much cannabis". He had a 10-year-old son.

Judge Kate Rayfield told Robinson: "You were determined to escape the police." The consequences for the other driver and Robinson's passenger were significant. Robinson changed the registration plates to avoid detection for driving while disqualified.

"You have shown flagrant disregard for the order of the court which disqualified you from driving in 2021," said Judge Rayfield. "You were using drugs on the day of these offences.

"You continue to show a total disregard for driving laws and are content to put others at risk of harm because you choose to continue to drive."

Judge Rayfield said of the woman who narrowly avoided being hit at the crash scene: "He was pretty lucky that he didn't kill that woman. The woman pedestrian was saved only by the metal barrier. You could easily have killed her."

Robinson was jailed for three-and-a-half years. The sentence included a consecutive six months for breaching the suspended sentence. He was banned from driving for nine years and nine months and he will have to pass an extended retest before he can drive legally again.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/luck-nobody-killed-banned-driver-8802021

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned chav-cyclist led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<ko69ruF7bqtU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31115&group=uk.rec.cycling#31115

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned chav-cyclist led police on
13-minute chase in Hull
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 00:13:03 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 23:13 UTC

On 04/10/2023 07:08 am, Simon Mason wrote:
> [...]
>
> "You have shown flagrant disregard for the order of the court which disqualified you from driving in 2021," said Judge Rayfield. "You were using drugs on the day of these offences.
>
> "You continue to show a total disregard for driving laws and are content to put others at risk of harm because you choose to continue to drive."
>
> Judge Rayfield said of the woman who narrowly avoided being hit at the crash scene: "He was pretty lucky that he didn't kill that woman. The woman pedestrian was saved only by the metal barrier. You could easily have killed her."
>
> Robinson was jailed for three-and-a-half years. The sentence included a consecutive six months for breaching the suspended sentence. He was banned from driving for nine years and nine months and he will have to pass an extended retest before he can drive legally again.

LOOK...

He isn't a driver. He had no licence.

In other words, though you prefer to ignore it, he was qualified only as
a pedestrian or as a chav-bike rider (though he was fully-qualified for
either of those things).

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<ca1144d4-0bf9-465e-95cc-a1c60911fae8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31126&group=uk.rec.cycling#31126

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 23:36:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on
13-minute chase in Hull
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 06:36 UTC

QUOTE: Robinson was jailed for three-and-a-half years. The sentence included a consecutive six months for breaching the suspended sentence. He was banned from driving for nine years and nine months and he will have to pass an extended retest before he can drive legally again.ENDS

A de facto *TWELVE YEAR* ban - now that's more like it!

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<ko7hkfFdltgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31142&group=uk.rec.cycling#31142

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police
on 13-minute chase in Hull
Date: 5 Oct 2023 10:31:43 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 10:31 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: Robinson was jailed for three-and-a-half years. The sentence
> included a consecutive six months for breaching the suspended sentence.
> He was banned from driving for nine years and nine months and he will
> have to pass an extended retest before he can drive legally again.ENDS

> A de facto *TWELVE YEAR* ban - now that's more like it!

Perhaps he’ll buy a licence from some East European country… Oh, the
benefits of the EU…

--
Spike

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<ace4c7f8-0f95-4a30-b7f2-c82eec2e31d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31149&group=uk.rec.cycling#31149

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 03:50:55 -0700 (PDT)
13-minute chase in Hull
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 10:50 UTC

QUOTE: He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull Crown Court heard.ENDS

Apparently she was saved by the railings this thug collided with instead of her.

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<ko7tdbFfgkpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31153&group=uk.rec.cycling#31153

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
on 13-minute chase in Hull
Date: 5 Oct 2023 13:52:44 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 13:52 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was
> a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull
> Crown Court heard.ENDS

> Apparently she was saved by the railings this thug collided with instead of her.

Hmmm…if he chose to collide with railings instead of the cyclist, that
speaks of a form of chivalry.

--
Spike

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<eaf77af6-2afd-4c4d-85f4-ec095cd462b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31159&group=uk.rec.cycling#31159

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 08:14:57 -0700 (PDT)
13-minute chase in Hull
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:14 UTC

On Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> QUOTE: He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull Crown Court heard.ENDS
>
> Apparently she was saved by the railings this thug collided with instead of her.

My mistake - there were TWO different females that escaped being killed by this moron:

QUOTE: Car-obsessed cannabis user Liam Robinson narrowly avoided killing a woman at the scene of the wreckage and she only cheated death by pure luck because there were metal railings to protect her.

He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull Crown Court heard. ENDS

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when fully-qualified chav on a bike led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<ko838iFgdndU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31170&group=uk.rec.cycling#31170

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when fully-qualified chav on a bike led
police on 13-minute chase in Hull
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 16:32:34 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:32 UTC

On 05/10/2023 07:36 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Robinson was jailed for three-and-a-half years. The sentence included a consecutive six months for breaching the suspended sentence. He was banned from driving for nine years and nine months and he will have to pass an extended retest before he can drive legally again.ENDS
>
> A de facto *TWELVE YEAR* ban - now that's more like it!

He's a fully-qualified chav-cyclist and has been so for some time.

Why are you so against a fellow chav?

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<ko83b8FgdndU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31172&group=uk.rec.cycling#31172

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
13-minute chase in Hull
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 16:34:00 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:34 UTC

On 05/10/2023 11:31 am, Spike wrote:

> Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

>> QUOTE: Robinson was jailed for three-and-a-half years. The sentence
>> included a consecutive six months for breaching the suspended sentence.
>> He was banned from driving for nine years and nine months and he will
>> have to pass an extended retest before he can drive legally again.ENDS
>
>> A de facto *TWELVE YEAR* ban - now that's more like it!
>
> Perhaps he’ll buy a licence from some East European country… Oh, the
> benefits of the EU…

There are a few people who frequently post details of such offers here
in this very NG. I reckon that they know May Sun is here and wants some
fake educational certificates. And maybe a fake MOT for a car whose
safety equipment isn't in working order.

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<0f47a3f0-0748-497d-895f-ac25e1d6f3d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31173&group=uk.rec.cycling#31173

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 08:34:12 -0700 (PDT)
13-minute chase in Hull
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:34 UTC

On Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 4:15:00 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> > QUOTE: He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull Crown Court heard.ENDS
> >
> > Apparently she was saved by the railings this thug collided with instead of her.
> My mistake - there were TWO different females that escaped being killed by this moron:
>
> QUOTE: Car-obsessed cannabis user Liam Robinson narrowly avoided killing a woman at the scene of the wreckage and she only cheated death by pure luck because there were metal railings to protect her.
> He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull Crown Court heard. ENDS

Apologies for any confusion caused.

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when fully-qualified chav cyclist led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<ko83chFgdndU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31174&group=uk.rec.cycling#31174

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when fully-qualified chav cyclist led
police on 13-minute chase in Hull
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 16:34:41 +0100

On 05/10/2023 11:50 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull Crown Court heard.ENDS
>
> Apparently she was saved by the railings this chav on a bike collided with instead of her.

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<7884e855-6ad8-4d96-aa23-adf5c87efbf0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31175&group=uk.rec.cycling#31175

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 08:35:24 -0700 (PDT)
13-minute chase in Hull
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:35 UTC

On Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 4:15:00 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> > QUOTE: He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull Crown Court heard.ENDS
> >
> > Apparently she was saved by the railings this thug collided with instead of her.
> My mistake - there were TWO different females that escaped being killed by this moron:
>
> QUOTE: Car-obsessed cannabis user Liam Robinson narrowly avoided killing a woman at the scene of the wreckage and she only cheated death by pure luck because there were metal railings to protect her.
> He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull Crown Court heard. ENDS

Apologies for any confusion caused.

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned fully-qualified chav-cyclist led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<ko83e0FgdndU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31176&group=uk.rec.cycling#31176

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned fully-qualified chav-cyclist
led police on 13-minute chase in Hull
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 16:35:28 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:35 UTC

On 05/10/2023 02:52 pm, Spike wrote:

> Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

>> QUOTE: He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was
>> a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull
>> Crown Court heard.ENDS
>
>> Apparently she was saved by the railings this thug collided with instead of her.
>
> Hmmm…if he chose to collide with railings instead of the cyclist, that
> speaks of a form of chivalry.

From a fully-qualified chav-cyclist?

Hardly likely.

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<ko83fbFgdndU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31177&group=uk.rec.cycling#31177

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
13-minute chase in Hull
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 16:36:11 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:36 UTC

On 05/10/2023 04:14 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
>> QUOTE: He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull Crown Court heard.ENDS
>>
>> Apparently she was saved by the railings this thug collided with instead of her.
>
> My mistake - there were TWO different females that escaped being killed by this moron:

Surely there are many hundreds of millions of females he failed to kill?

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<245b1fdf-6ee6-4e32-b663-a42b26f395e4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31178&group=uk.rec.cycling#31178

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 08:36:45 -0700 (PDT)
13-minute chase in Hull
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:36 UTC

On Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 4:15:00 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 11:50:57 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> > QUOTE: He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull Crown Court heard.ENDS
> >
> > Apparently she was saved by the railings this thug collided with instead of her.
> My mistake - there were TWO different females that escaped being killed by this moron:
>
> QUOTE: Car-obsessed cannabis user Liam Robinson narrowly avoided killing a woman at the scene of the wreckage and she only cheated death by pure luck because there were metal railings to protect her.
> He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull Crown Court heard. ENDS

Apologies for any confusion caused.

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned fully-qualified chav-cyclist led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<ko8o0nFjp2kU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31190&group=uk.rec.cycling#31190

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned fully-qualified
chav-cyclist led police on 13-minute chase in Hull
Date: 5 Oct 2023 21:26:48 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 21:26 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 05/10/2023 02:52 pm, Spike wrote:
>
>> Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> QUOTE: He had earlier narrowly missed hitting a female cyclist and it was
>>> a miracle that nobody was killed during the frightening pursuit, Hull
>>> Crown Court heard.ENDS
>>
>>> Apparently she was saved by the railings this thug collided with instead of her.
>>
>> Hmmm…if he chose to collide with railings instead of the cyclist, that
>> speaks of a form of chivalry.
>
> From a fully-qualified chav-cyclist?
>
> Hardly likely.

I only made the suggestion because the implication of the claim by Mason
when he said “Apparently she was saved by the railings this thug collided
with instead of her”. The ‘instead’ suggests a choice.

Perhaps Mason should write in a style of English that conveys his meaning.
On the other hand…🐷🦋
--
Spike

Re: 'Luck' nobody was killed when banned driver led police on 13-minute chase in Hull

<3ec9d067-db23-4ce0-98c4-087378d53dbfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31200&group=uk.rec.cycling#31200

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 23:01:22 -0700 (PDT)
13-minute chase in Hull
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 06:01 UTC

QUOTE: Robinson was found to have switched the car's registration plates after buying it two weeks earlier. ENDS

Planning to fiddle the ULEZ cameras as well?