From: davew...@yahoo.co.uk (Dave W)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Sky Go not working
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 22:36:00 +0000
 by: Dave W - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 22:36 UTC

I have used Sky Go on my PC to view a programme on Sky Arts (free),
but for some days it's being saying Sky Go is not available. I have
just tried installing their beta experimantal version, but that just
does nothing when I try to play a programme, not even giving an error
message.
Has anyone here had the same problems?
--
Dave W

Re: Sky Go not working

<DqP$OVEd7S6hFws9@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31255&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31255

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: Sky Go not working
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 09:43:57 +0000
 by: John Hall - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 09:43 UTC

In message <8a4hug1p1ivkdn5qvljtl9k1qng8r95he0@4ax.com>, Dave W
<davewi11@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>I have used Sky Go on my PC to view a programme on Sky Arts (free),
>but for some days it's being saying Sky Go is not available. I have
>just tried installing their beta experimantal version, but that just
>does nothing when I try to play a programme, not even giving an error
>message.
>
>Has anyone here had the same problems?

I hadn't used Sky Go for ages. When I clicked on the Sky Go shortcut on
my desktop, it told me that I needed to update it and guided me through
the process. After that it all seemed OK until I tried to watch a
programme (on the cricket channel), when it told me that I needed a Sky
TV subscription, which of course I have including Sky Sports. There
didn't seem to be any setting within Sky Go that I could use to fix
this. I wonder if the problem is that I have a Sky 1 box rather than a
Sky Q box.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: Sky Go not working

<rLMl2BFTGT6hFwb$@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31256&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31256

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 09:55:31 +0000
 by: John Hall - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 09:55 UTC

In message <DqP$OVEd7S6hFws9@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> writes
>In message <8a4hug1p1ivkdn5qvljtl9k1qng8r95he0@4ax.com>, Dave W
><davewi11@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>>I have used Sky Go on my PC to view a programme on Sky Arts (free),
>>but for some days it's being saying Sky Go is not available. I have
>>just tried installing their beta experimantal version, but that just
>>does nothing when I try to play a programme, not even giving an error
>>message.
>>
>>Has anyone here had the same problems?
>
>I hadn't used Sky Go for ages. When I clicked on the Sky Go shortcut on
>my desktop, it told me that I needed to update it and guided me through
>the process. After that it all seemed OK until I tried to watch a
>programme (on the cricket channel), when it told me that I needed a Sky
>TV subscription, which of course I have including Sky Sports. There
>didn't seem to be any setting within Sky Go that I could use to fix
>this. I wonder if the problem is that I have a Sky 1 box rather than a
>Sky Q box.

And now, 5 minutes later, it's working. Possibly because I switched off
some setting relating to a Sky Q box, which didn't help immediately but
perhaps did the trick after I went out of the app and then back in.

The version of the Sky Go app for Windows that I'm using is downloadable
here:

https://www.sky.com/watch/sky-go/windows
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,
But you *need* an orgy, once in a while."
Ogden Nash (1902-1971)

Re: Sky Go not working

<3p4jugts6ar4nrnkf68ke25vq30k85ajju@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31261&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31261

From: davew...@yahoo.co.uk (Dave W)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 16:54:26 +0000
 by: Dave W - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 16:54 UTC

On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 09:55:31 +0000, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>In message <DqP$OVEd7S6hFws9@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
><john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> writes
>>In message <8a4hug1p1ivkdn5qvljtl9k1qng8r95he0@4ax.com>, Dave W
>><davewi11@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>>>I have used Sky Go on my PC to view a programme on Sky Arts (free),
>>>but for some days it's being saying Sky Go is not available. I have
>>>just tried installing their beta experimantal version, but that just
>>>does nothing when I try to play a programme, not even giving an error
>>>message.
>>>
>>>Has anyone here had the same problems?
>>
>>I hadn't used Sky Go for ages. When I clicked on the Sky Go shortcut on
>>my desktop, it told me that I needed to update it and guided me through
>>the process. After that it all seemed OK until I tried to watch a
>>programme (on the cricket channel), when it told me that I needed a Sky
>>TV subscription, which of course I have including Sky Sports. There
>>didn't seem to be any setting within Sky Go that I could use to fix
>>this. I wonder if the problem is that I have a Sky 1 box rather than a
>>Sky Q box.
>
>And now, 5 minutes later, it's working. Possibly because I switched off
>some setting relating to a Sky Q box, which didn't help immediately but
>perhaps did the trick after I went out of the app and then back in.
>
>The version of the Sky Go app for Windows that I'm using is downloadable
>here:
>
>https://www.sky.com/watch/sky-go/windows
I changed back from the beta version to the standard version, but
after downloading and installing, it still gave the same message and
"Try again later"
--
Dave W

Re: Sky Go not working

<5dgjug93ett0bjun6n6v0qi256k68kfgvh@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31263&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31263

From: davew...@yahoo.co.uk (Dave W)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 20:15:34 +0000
 by: Dave W - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 20:15 UTC

On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 16:54:26 +0000, Dave W <davewi11@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
>On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 09:55:31 +0000, John Hall
><john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>In message <DqP$OVEd7S6hFws9@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
>><john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> writes
>>>In message <8a4hug1p1ivkdn5qvljtl9k1qng8r95he0@4ax.com>, Dave W
>>><davewi11@yahoo.co.uk> writes

>>>I hadn't used Sky Go for ages. When I clicked on the Sky Go shortcut on
>>>my desktop, it told me that I needed to update it and guided me through
>>>the process. After that it all seemed OK until I tried to watch a
>>>programme (on the cricket channel), when it told me that I needed a Sky
>>>TV subscription, which of course I have including Sky Sports. There
>>>didn't seem to be any setting within Sky Go that I could use to fix
>>>this. I wonder if the problem is that I have a Sky 1 box rather than a
>>>Sky Q box.
>>
>>And now, 5 minutes later, it's working. Possibly because I switched off
>>some setting relating to a Sky Q box, which didn't help immediately but
>>perhaps did the trick after I went out of the app and then back in.
>>
>>The version of the Sky Go app for Windows that I'm using is downloadable
>>here:
>>
>>https://www.sky.com/watch/sky-go/windows
>
>I changed back from the beta version to the standard version, but
>after downloading and installing, it still gave the same message and
>"Try again later"
I've just seen an item online updated June 2021, which says you have
to be a Sky subscriber to use Sky G0. I must have been mistaken in
thinking I had viewed Sky Arts on it. I also saw another article from
2020 announcing that Sky was putting Sky Arts on Freeview, but without
free catchup.
--
Dave W