Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Subject: postage...
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 19:08:11 +1100
 by: lindsay - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 08:08 UTC

All,, the silly season is upon us...

I had some polarising fishing sunnies on order from Brisvegas. Ordered
them yesterday (wed) at 10.00am, No express post available. I was told
they may be delivered by 11th December. Turned up this morning. !!

On the other side of the coin, I ordered a 1600va UPS from Brisbane, to
supplement my new NNN fibre to the home setup*, and Aus Post "express
post" took 5days, and delivered on Snday, after being tld it would be
delivered on Friday, and then Monday... Too bad if your'e siting at home
waiting for delivery...

Re: postage...

<uk9qp6$1b7dm$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31166&group=aus.cars#31166

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: postage...
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 22:13:41 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 11:13 UTC

On 30/11/2023 7:08 pm, lindsay wrote:
> All,, the silly season is upon us...
>
> I had some polarising fishing sunnies on order from Brisvegas. Ordered
> them yesterday (wed) at 10.00am, No express post available. I was told
> they may be delivered by 11th December. Turned up this morning. !!
>
> On the other side of the coin, I ordered a 1600va UPS from Brisbane, to
> supplement my new NNN fibre to the home setup*, and Aus Post "express
> post"  took 5days, and delivered on Snday, after being tld it would be
> delivered on Friday, and then Monday... Too bad if your'e siting at home
> waiting for delivery...

Yeah, it can be hit and miss.

I've recently been getting some magazines from the UK, and while UK post
can be ridiculously expensive it can be reasonably quick. Sometimes
quicker than what I can get stuff from the other side of the country.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: postage...

<uka430$1cmlk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31206&group=aus.cars#31206

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 21:51:53 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:51 UTC

On 30/11/2023 7:13 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 30/11/2023 7:08 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> All,, the silly season is upon us...
>>
>> I had some polarising fishing sunnies on order from Brisvegas. Ordered
>> them yesterday (wed) at 10.00am, No express post available. I was told
>> they may be delivered by 11th December. Turned up this morning. !!
>>
>> On the other side of the coin, I ordered a 1600va UPS from Brisbane,
>> to supplement my new NNN fibre to the home setup*, and Aus Post
>> "express post"  took 5days, and delivered on Snday, after being tld it
>> would be delivered on Friday, and then Monday... Too bad if your'e
>> siting at home waiting for delivery...
>
> Yeah, it can be hit and miss.
>
> I've recently been getting some magazines from the UK, and while UK post
> can be ridiculously expensive it can be reasonably quick. Sometimes
> quicker than what I can get stuff from the other side of the country.

I had a large package delivered from the UK. Postage was under $30 ($27
from memory) so I expected the slow boat. Nope, ordered on Friday and
arrived the following Wednesday.

Some orders from China are the same but orders ex-east can take two weeks.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: postage...

<6rdaN.5$unw7.0@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31278&group=aus.cars#31278

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: nop...@nunnya.business.com.au (lindsay)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 15:38:23 +1100
 by: lindsay - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 04:38 UTC

On 30/11/2023 10:13 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 30/11/2023 7:08 pm, lindsay wrote:
>> All,, the silly season is upon us...
>>
>> I had some polarising fishing sunnies on order from Brisvegas. Ordered
>> them yesterday (wed) at 10.00am, No express post available. I was told
>> they may be delivered by 11th December. Turned up this morning. !!
>>
>> On the other side of the coin, I ordered a 1600va UPS from Brisbane,
>> to supplement my new NNN fibre to the home setup*, and Aus Post
>> "express post"  took 5days, and delivered on Snday, after being tld it
>> would be delivered on Friday, and then Monday... Too bad if your'e
>> siting at home waiting for delivery...
>
> Yeah, it can be hit and miss.
>
> I've recently been getting some magazines from the UK, and while UK post
> can be ridiculously expensive it can be reasonably quick. Sometimes
> quicker than what I can get stuff from the other side of the country.

Well, Aus Post does it yet again.

Order was split in two, as one BCF store didnt have the rod I was after.

So one package is coming via Startrak, which turned up on Bro's doorstep
yesterday.

The other, which has 2 reels and a rod, is carried by Auspost. They
picked the package up from BCF Malaga, which is about 15-20 mins drive
from Bro's house on Tuesday, and suggested it be be delivered Wednesday
or Thursday. As of now, friday arvo, they are too busy to deliver it.
Hope they pull their finger out, as I expect to use it in a weeks time.

Re: postage...

<kstlqnF58cU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31298&group=aus.cars#31298

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 20:03:19 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 09:03 UTC

On 1/12/2023 3:38 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 30/11/2023 10:13 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 30/11/2023 7:08 pm, lindsay wrote:
>>> All,, the silly season is upon us...
>>>
>>> I had some polarising fishing sunnies on order from Brisvegas.
>>> Ordered them yesterday (wed) at 10.00am, No express post available. I
>>> was told they may be delivered by 11th December. Turned up this
>>> morning. !!
>>>
>>> On the other side of the coin, I ordered a 1600va UPS from Brisbane,
>>> to supplement my new NNN fibre to the home setup*, and Aus Post
>>> "express post"  took 5days, and delivered on Snday, after being tld
>>> it would be delivered on Friday, and then Monday... Too bad if your'e
>>> siting at home waiting for delivery...
>>
>> Yeah, it can be hit and miss.
>>
>> I've recently been getting some magazines from the UK, and while UK
>> post can be ridiculously expensive it can be reasonably quick.
>> Sometimes quicker than what I can get stuff from the other side of the
>> country.
>
> Well, Aus Post does it yet again.
>
> Order was split in two, as one BCF store didnt have the rod I was after.
>
> So one package is coming via Startrak, which turned up on Bro's doorstep
> yesterday.
>
> The other, which has 2 reels and a rod, is carried by Auspost. They
> picked the package up from BCF Malaga, which is about 15-20 mins drive
> from Bro's house on Tuesday, and suggested it be be delivered Wednesday
> or Thursday. As of now, friday arvo, they are too busy to deliver it.
> Hope they pull their finger out, as I expect to use it in a weeks time.

I sometimes wonder if its Aust Post's fault or the shipper telling porkies.
We order our Nespresso coffee online to be delivered by Aust Post, in a
couple of years of ordering every 1-2 months the longest its taken was 3
days from order to delivery, frequently its next day.
If that happens with one shipper why do others take much longer?
Does Nespresso get priority service or do some shippers say things have
been shipped when they haven't?
It all seems to be a big mystery:-)

--
Daryl