From: tonygam...@compuserve.com (Tony Gamble)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: [OT] BT 4g Assure does work when wired broadband fails
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 10:07:38 +0000
 by: Tony Gamble - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 10:07 UTC

I have had my doubts about the 4g Assure USB device attached to my BT
Hub6 as I do get broadband drops - albeit for maybe no more than a
minute and they could be simply due to the link between PC and router.

However, in Fulham and around, BT broadband was out of action for about
seven hours yesterday and my router got a feed from the EE Sim cellular
card in the USB device. The speed was around 10mps down and up - I get
about 40mps down when the cable broadband is active as I have a mix of
fibre and copper.

It did need a bit of re-booting to get the Assure to connect but it
managed in the end.

I mention this for those sceptics who think the 'gizmo' is a useless
gimic. It does work.

I am not sure what alternatives are available for folk not using the
standard BT Hubs but I am sure the wizards around here will have
suggestions. An advantage of the BT deal is that the EE Sim card is free
and presumably with unlimited data.

Happy days.

Tony