You recoil from the crude; you tend naturally toward the exquisite.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

SubjectAuthor
* : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGSimon Mason
+- Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle laneJNugent
+* Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lanSimon Mason
|+- Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorrySpike
|+* Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lanSimon Mason
||`- Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorrySpike
|`* Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promisesSimon Mason
| +- Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorrySpike
| `* Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lanSimon Mason
|  `- Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorrySpike
+* Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lanSimon Mason
|`- Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorrySpike
+* Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lanSimon Mason
|+- Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorrySpike
|`* Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lanSimon Mason
| `- Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorrySpike
+* Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lanSimon Mason
|`* Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle laneJNugent
| `- Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorrySpike
`* Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lanSimon Mason
 +- Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorrySpike
 `- Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lanSimon Mason

1
: Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

<f250aebe-1f67-49e5-a98b-d1e7f3ac5d92n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31636&group=uk.rec.cycling#31636

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 03:52:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: :_Jeremy_Vine_films_bin_lorry_blocking_cycle_lane_AG
AIN,_as_company_promises_to_“keep_all_road_users_safe”
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 10:52 UTC

Considering the sheer scale of Jeremy Vine’s online database of cycling commuter clips and dodgy driving, which he publishes on social media on an almost daily basis, it’s understandable that a sense of déjà vu will creep in from time to time.

And that was certainly the case this week, when the pedalling broadcaster posted another snazzily edited video showing a bin lorry blocking a cycle lane in Camden – just over two months after Vine shared a clip of a driver working for the same company heading the wrong way down a cycle lane in, you guessed it, Camden.

While the waste collection company in question, Veolia, thanked the presenter last month for reminding their drivers of the importance of keeping bike lanes “clear at all times”, Vine claimed this week that they appear to be “quietly” resuming the “illegal and dangerous” practice.

“Bin operators do a hard job with great dedication and I respect them… But don’t park in cycle lanes!” the Strictly alumnus wrote in the video.

During the clip itself, captured by a drone flying over Vine’s head (because why not), the broadcaster – upon noticing the lorry blocking the lane – mutters to himself, “And now I have to go out into oncoming traffic here”, before telling the operators: “Guys, you can’t park in a cycle lane, I’m really sorry. People have to pull round you and they could get hit here.”

Meanwhile, recognising the cyclist (I suppose the drone is a give away), one of the workers joked, “Where’s your bike? Didn’t it get mangled?” – a reference to an incident from last month which left Vine desperately banging on the back of a van as the driver reversed over his bike having turned onto a stretch of cycling infrastructure.

“Listen I love you guys, but really come on, it’s not safe,” Vine said, before departing.

While his post elicited the usual complaints on social media – with some noting that the operators would only be stopped for a “short period” and that stopping in the road and wheeling the bins across the lane would still prove an “inconvenience” – Veolia yesterday apologised and promised to review its procedures while collecting bins near bike lanes.

“We continue to work closely with Camden Council and their highways team to determine best practice that keeps all road users and our frontline teams safe when collecting along busy roads with cycle lanes,” a spokesperson said.

"Health and safety is paramount to the work we do and we want to ensure the crew have limited contact with both cyclists and vehicles. We apologise for any inconvenience caused as we develop the safest course of action.”

Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Camden Council added: “We are clear that cycle lanes must not be used or obstructed by vehicles and we are working with Veolia to ensure that our waste and recycling vehicles follow their set routes at all times and that drivers understand the importance of keeping cycle lanes clear.

“Where cycle lanes are repeatedly being obstructed by lorries, vans, and other vehicles we will seek to add additional road safety measures that keep our cycle lanes clear and all road users safe.”

Anyway… Same time, same place in December?

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-20-october-2023-304599#live-blog-item-50775

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

<kpffn7F11iaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31638&group=uk.rec.cycling#31638

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_:_Jeremy_Vine_films_bin_lorry_blocking_cycle_lane
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 15:04:24 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 14:04 UTC

On 20/10/2023 11:52 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> [...]
>
> "Health and safety is paramount to the work we do and we want to ensure the crew have limited contact with both cyclists and vehicles. We apologise for any inconvenience caused as we develop the safest course of action.”
>
> Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Camden Council added: “We are clear that cycle lanes must not be used or obstructed by vehicles and we are working with Veolia to ensure that our waste and recycling vehicles follow their set routes at all times and that drivers understand the importance of keeping cycle lanes clear.
>
> “Where cycle lanes are repeatedly being obstructed by lorries, vans, and other vehicles we will seek to add additional road safety measures that keep our cycle lanes clear and all road users safe.”
>
> Anyway… Same time, same place in December?

So operatives should patiently wait - heavy dustbins notwithstanding -
whilst chav-cyclists speed past, between them and the refuse vehicle?

At least you are being consistent. You were of the opinion a few months
ago that private ambulances (a euphemism for undertakers' vans) should
not be allowed to stop outside the premises where their cargoes* were
being picked up or delivered. You literally did expect employees to walk
round city blocks carrying loaded coffins. Hard to believe of anyone -
but not, as it happens, of you. You really are that self-obsessed.

And at least we know that chavs on fairy-bikes (like Vine and your good
self) are totally self-centred and have absolutely no consideration for
anyone else, not even the dead and the bereaved.

PS: Are you sure that it's illegal for bin lorries to stop and pick up
bins and other sources of refuse?

100%?

Is that your final answer?

Or do you want to ask the audience?

[* Empty or full coffins or body-bags]

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

<43ec7385-30ad-48ef-b11a-95890067cfebn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31642&group=uk.rec.cycling#31642

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 08:09:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_:_Jeremy_Vine_films_bin_lorry_blocking_cycle_lan
e_AGAIN,_as_company_promises_to_“keep_all_road_users_safe

From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 15:09 UTC

Well, it wouldn't make sense to stop in the cycle lane as that was blocked. I haven't watched the clip (I don't do Twitter/X), but as I understand it he wasn't so annoyed about being held-up, but by the danger that cyclists are being subjected to by blocking the lane. The problem is that the cyclists wouldn't be part of the usual flow of traffic on the road and so have to negotiate joining the existing traffic - that's usually the more dangerous part as most drivers are only looking for big car-shaped objects and often won't see a cyclist trying to merge from their left side.

I don't follow, listen or watch Jeremy Vine apart from reading about his exploits here, so I'm not defending him per se, but it doesn't sound like he's being unreasonable in this instance. I've got no problem with bin lorries or their crews as they'll often need to temporarily block roads, but blocking the cycle lane does introduce danger to cyclists. If the bin lorry leaves the cycle lane clear and blocks the road, it doesn't create any danger for the drivers and cyclists can watch out for the bin lorry crew as they cross the cycle lane (I'd give them priority and stop if necessary).

========================QUOTE: Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Camden Council added: “We are clear that cycle lanes must not be used or obstructed by vehicles and we are working with Veolia to ensure that our waste and recycling vehicles follow their set routes at all times and that drivers understand the importance of keeping cycle lanes clear.

“Where cycle lanes are repeatedly being obstructed by lorries, vans, and other vehicles we will seek to add additional road safety measures that keep our cycle lanes clear and all road users safe.” ENDS

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT.

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lan e AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe ”

<kpg6dcF571gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31668&group=uk.rec.cycling#31668

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry
Date: 20 Oct 2023 20:31:40 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 20:31 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, it wouldn't make sense to stop in the cycle lane as that was
> blocked. I haven't watched the clip (I don't do Twitter/X), but as I
> understand it he wasn't so annoyed about being held-up, but by the danger
> that cyclists are being subjected to by blocking the lane.

What made me fall about laughing was that as St Jeremy was cycling along,
the dubbing on the video where he’s complaining about the dustcart, he says
“…and we cyclists are forced out into oncoming traffic”.

The only problem with that was that there was no oncoming traffic at all!

He had to splice in other shots in order to make his point.

IOW…a mountain out of a molehill…

> SO THERE YOU HAVE IT.

Don’t we just.

PS: I liked the way the crew just looked at St Jeremy as if he was a moron.
Well done, chaps!

PPS: Why didn’t he bang on the side of the dustcart and shout his head off?
He’s done that sort of thing before…

--
Spike

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

<e801b5cf-7272-449a-a6fc-7fd7f9a8d250n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31669&group=uk.rec.cycling#31669

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 13:43:13 -0700 (PDT)
e_AGAIN,_as_company_promises_to_“keep_all_road_users_safe

From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 20:43 UTC

ChasP replied to HLaB | 4 hours ago
2 likes

Why is it not practical that motorists have to wait a few minutes while essential work is being done, it's not as if they empty the bins every day or even week? You wouldn't expect the lorry to mount the pavement to allow impatient motorists to pass. The convenience of drivers shouldn't come at the expense of the safety of cyclists.

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lan e AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe ”

<kpgc51F697vU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31676&group=uk.rec.cycling#31676

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 20 Oct 2023 22:09:37 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 22:09 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> ChasP replied to HLaB | 4 hours ago
> 2 likes
>
> Why is it not practical that motorists have to wait a few minutes while
> essential work is being done, it's not as if they empty the bins every
> day or even week? You wouldn't expect the lorry to mount the pavement to
> allow impatient motorists to pass. The convenience of drivers shouldn't
> come at the expense of the safety of cyclists.

That silly idea means that the dustcart would have to stop in the traffic
lane and wheel the bins across the cycle lane.

We all can see where this is going…

--
Spike

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

<83166762-6013-426d-bd0c-95cbf36cec5an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31681&group=uk.rec.cycling#31681

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 23:13:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_:_Jeremy_Vine_films_bin_lorry_blocking_cycle_lane_AGAIN,_as_company_promises_to_“keep_all_road_users_safe”
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 06:13 UTC

bensynnock replied to Adam Sutton | 9 hours ago
1 like

There isn't a cycle lane in any residential area that doesn't have delivery vans stopping on it constantly. It's rare to ride in a cycle lane and not to have to pull into the road to get past one. The rules are clear, they aren't allowed to stop there, and doing so creates danger for cyclists. It doesn't matter that they're doing a job, or how they are parked up for, they're creating danger for me when I need to be passing them. I don't care that they'll be gone in 30 seconds, so will I, if I survive.

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lan e AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe ”

<kphineFd1qvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31687&group=uk.rec.cycling#31687

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 21 Oct 2023 09:07:59 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 09:07 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> bensynnock replied to Adam Sutton | 9 hours ago
> 1 like
>
> There isn't a cycle lane in any residential area that doesn't have
> delivery vans stopping on it constantly. It's rare to ride in a cycle
> lane and not to have to pull into the road to get past one. The rules are
> clear, they aren't allowed to stop there, and doing so creates danger for cyclists.

Playing the ‘rules’ card, eh?

What about the rule that says cycling on the pavement is illegal?

Or cycling through red traffic lights is illegal?

Get your own house in order first.

--
Spike

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

<f9787fe1-8f4f-4dd6-be35-1baa08e8a1d5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31691&group=uk.rec.cycling#31691

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 03:31:29 -0700 (PDT)
e_AGAIN,_as_company_promises_to_“keep_all_road_users_safe

From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 10:31 UTC

It’s been a while since Jeremy Vine, one of our old favourites for almost constant commuter cycling content, popped up on the live blog (other things have been happening, I know. Crazy. Where’s Cycling Mikey, by the way?).

But the pedalling broadcaster is back this morning, after one of his (increasingly trippy) videos from the weekend – which showed the driver of a bin lorry head onto, in the wrong direction, a seemingly protected cycle lane in Camden – caused some online controversy.

While the waste collection company in question, Veolia, thanked the presenter last month for reminding their drivers of the importance of keeping bike lanes “clear at all times”, Vine claimed this week that they appear to be “quietly” resuming the “illegal and dangerous” practice.

“Every day the bin truck drives the wrong way down this cycle lane. Doing this forces cyclists off the road or into oncoming traffic,” Vine writes in the clip. “We all support bin operators, but surely, even they aren’t allowed to drive the wrong way down a cycle lane?”

Despite the bin operator’s pithy defence of “working mate” when quizzed about the bike lane driving of his colleague, Camden Council sided with the presenter’s view, replying: “Thanks for making us aware Jeremy. Our waste and recycling vehicles have set routes and should not be blocking or travelling down cycle lanes.

“We have reviewed the lorry routes with Veolia and reminded them of the importance of drivers keeping cycle lanes clear at all times.

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lan e AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe ”

<kphr64Fel1dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31697&group=uk.rec.cycling#31697

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 21 Oct 2023 11:32:20 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 11:32 UTC

We’ve already done this one to death, IYSWIM…

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> It’s been a while since Jeremy Vine, one of our old favourites for almost
> constant commuter cycling content, popped up on the live blog (other
> things have been happening, I know. Crazy. Where’s Cycling Mikey, by the way?).
>
> But the pedalling broadcaster is back this morning, after one of his
> (increasingly trippy) videos from the weekend – which showed the driver
> of a bin lorry head onto, in the wrong direction, a seemingly protected
> cycle lane in Camden – caused some online controversy.

--
Spike

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

<1748f3a1-4e32-4b51-a46c-6427fcef48bfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31710&group=uk.rec.cycling#31710

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 06:50:43 -0700 (PDT)
e_AGAIN,_as_company_promises_to_“keep_all_road_users_safe

From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 13:50 UTC

QUOTE: “We have reviewed the lorry routes with Veolia and reminded them of the importance of drivers keeping cycle lanes clear at all times. ENDS

Start fining these lawbreakers then.

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lan e AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe ”

<kpi6kiFgn76U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31716&group=uk.rec.cycling#31716

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 21 Oct 2023 14:47:46 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 14:47 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: “We have reviewed the lorry routes with Veolia and reminded them
> of the importance of drivers keeping cycle lanes clear at all times. ENDS
>
> Start fining these lawbreakers then.

You don’t seem to be aware of what a ‘fine’ actually is, do you?

--
Spike

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

<f4949006-e3a8-4fc5-8e85-77eedff582f4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31720&group=uk.rec.cycling#31720

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 09:12:49 -0700 (PDT)
e_AGAIN,_as_company_promises_to_“keep_all_road_users_safe

From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 16:12 UTC

QUOTE: Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Camden Council added: “We are clear that cycle lanes must not be used or obstructed by vehicles and we are working with Veolia to ensure that our waste and recycling vehicles follow their set routes at all times and that drivers understand the importance of keeping cycle lanes clear. ENDS

Wait until Veolia's contract is up for renewal and then threaten them if they don't "clean up" their act.

Boom Boom!

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lan e AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe ”

<kpk33sFr5ecU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31734&group=uk.rec.cycling#31734

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 22 Oct 2023 07:59:56 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 07:59 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Camden Council added: “We are clear
> that cycle lanes must not be used or obstructed by vehicles and we are
> working with Veolia to ensure that our waste and recycling vehicles
> follow their set routes at all times and that drivers understand the
> importance of keeping cycle lanes clear. ENDS

> Wait until Veolia's contract is up for renewal and then threaten them if
> they don't "clean up" their act.

> Boom Boom!

When there was a change of contractor here, we got the same bin lorries
operated by the same crews.

Boom Boom!

--
Spike

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

<aece4fed-c11c-473c-99e6-6429f289bb78n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31743&group=uk.rec.cycling#31743

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 03:34:22 -0700 (PDT)
e_AGAIN,_as_company_promises_to_“keep_all_road_users_safe

From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 10:34 UTC

On Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 5:12:51 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> QUOTE: /Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Camden Council added: “We are clear that cycle lanes must not be used or obstructed by vehicles and we are working with Veolia to ensure that our waste and recycling vehicles follow their set routes at all times and that drivers understand the importance of keeping cycle lanes clear./ ENDS

Talk is cheap - let's see some ACTION!

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lan e AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe ”

<kpkk70Fu889U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31755&group=uk.rec.cycling#31755

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 22 Oct 2023 12:51:44 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 12:51 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 5:12:51 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:

>> QUOTE: /Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Camden Council added: “We are
>> clear that cycle lanes must not be used or obstructed by vehicles and we
>> are working with Veolia to ensure that our waste and recycling vehicles
>> follow their set routes at all times and that drivers understand the
>> importance of keeping cycle lanes clear./ ENDS

> Talk is cheap - let's see some ACTION!

Ah, that explains a lot about your modus, ‘cheap’ being a key word here.

--
Spike

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

<3c275c81-120d-45c4-a327-0c98539f94aan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31768&group=uk.rec.cycling#31768

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 08:02:03 -0700 (PDT)
e_AGAIN,_as_company_promises_to_“keep_all_road_users_safe

From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 15:02 UTC

QUOTE: And that was certainly the case this week, when the pedalling broadcaster posted another snazzily edited video showing a bin lorry blocking a cycle lane in Camden – just over two months after Vine shared a clip of a driver working for the same company heading the wrong way down a cycle lane in, you guessed it, Camden. ENDS

Camden needs to get as tough as they profess to be for a change.
LET'S SEE FINES AND POINTS.

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

<kpks09Fu43U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31770&group=uk.rec.cycling#31770

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 16:04:41 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 15:04 UTC

On 22/10/2023 04:02 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: And that was certainly the case this week, when the pedalling broadcaster posted another snazzily edited video showing a bin lorry blocking a cycle lane in Camden – just over two months after Vine shared a clip of a driver working for the same company heading the wrong way down a cycle lane in, you guessed it, Camden. ENDS
>
> Camden needs to get as tough as they profess to be for a change.
> LET'S SEE FINES AND POINTS.

Talking of "points", did you actually have one?

Are you actually so stupid as to believe that local authorities are in a
position to issue fines or licence endorsements? And not only that, but
for "offences" that don't carry penalty points?

[That was rhetorical. Everyone knows that the answer is "Yes".]

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

<1c98a1de-5cf3-4311-a7ef-27b2c1f1fed2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31777&group=uk.rec.cycling#31777

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 08:18:32 -0700 (PDT)
e_AGAIN,_as_company_promises_to_“keep_all_road_users_safe

From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 15:18 UTC

QUOTE: While his post elicited the usual complaints on social media – with some noting that the operators would only be stopped for a “short period”ENDS

*EVERYONE* is only going to park illegally for a "few moments" - it's what they do.

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

<kpkv0hF1jjqU7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31793&group=uk.rec.cycling#31793

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 22 Oct 2023 15:56:01 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 15:56 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 22/10/2023 04:02 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
>>
>> QUOTE: And that was certainly the case this week, when the pedalling
>> broadcaster posted another snazzily edited video showing a bin lorry
>> blocking a cycle lane in Camden – just over two months after Vine shared
>> a clip of a driver working for the same company heading the wrong way
>> down a cycle lane in, you guessed it, Camden. ENDS
>>
>> Camden needs to get as tough as they profess to be for a change.
>> LET'S SEE FINES AND POINTS.
>
> Talking of "points", did you actually have one?
>
> Are you actually so stupid as to believe that local authorities are in a
> position to issue fines or licence endorsements? And not only that, but
> for "offences" that don't carry penalty points?
>
> [That was rhetorical. Everyone knows that the answer is "Yes".]

:-)

--
Spike

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lan e AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe ”

<kpkv0hF1jjqU8@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31794&group=uk.rec.cycling#31794

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 22 Oct 2023 15:56:01 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 15:56 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: While his post elicited the usual complaints on social media –
> with some noting that the operators would only be stopped for a “short period”ENDS
>
> *EVERYONE* is only going to park illegally for a "few moments" - it's what they do.

When Camden gets a reputation for being vindictive with its refuse crews
and no-one wants the job, what are the residents going to do with their
rubbish? Fly-tip it?

--
Spike

Re: : Jeremy Vine films bin lorry blocking cycle lane AGAIN, as company promises to “keep all road users safe”

<870d168a-95db-4c1a-89e8-d36c60348e41n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31800&group=uk.rec.cycling#31800

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 10:44:25 -0700 (PDT)
e_AGAIN,_as_company_promises_to_“keep_all_road_users_safe

From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 17:44 UTC

On Sunday, October 22, 2023 at 4:18:34 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> QUOTE: While his post elicited the usual complaints on social media – with some noting that the operators would only be stopped for a “short period”ENDS
>
> *EVERYONE* is only going to park illegally for a "few moments" - it's what they do.

"I just popped in for a stamp, but there was a massive queue - sorry the road was blocked for an hour".