Treaties are like roses and young girls -- they last while they last. -- Charles DeGaulle

aus+uk / aus.politics / Re: The LNP engineered blame Labor game!

SubjectAuthor
* The LNP engineered blame Labor game!*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil
+* The LNP engineered blame Labor game!Peter Jason
|`* The LNP engineered blame Labor game!Borax Man
| +- The LNP engineered blame Labor game!Peter Jason
| `- The LNP engineered blame Labor game!Fran
`- The LNP engineered blame Labor game!Fran

1
The LNP engineered blame Labor game!

<uk3afd$3vd47$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31711&group=aus.politics#31711

From: dev...@a.shadow.that.scares.edu (*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil)
<devil@a.shadow.that.scares.edu>
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: The LNP engineered blame Labor game!
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 10:58:34 +1100
 by: *Ördög* the real n - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 23:58 UTC

*Australians Are Poor Now?*
/friendlyjordies, 1.21M subscribers, 183,168 views, 27 Nov 2023/
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGhgyMwTgiQ>

"Cost of living is out of control and some people think it's your fault."
~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Yeah! The LNP is at it again. I sort of understand where are they coming
from:
They have to serve their large corporate and big business masters no
matter what. Their actual constituents are now on a profit binge
screwing over the wage slave public left right and centre.
Alas, the LNP somehow has to hide and at the same time defend that sorry
state of affairs. Yeah! Just blame Labor and the Greens as per usual for
the general public's misery.

--
Ördög
"A reminder for your mortification"

Re: The LNP engineered blame Labor game!

<kfhami968etkvtbclrg3m4022rkcs99ga6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31713&group=aus.politics#31713

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: Re: The LNP engineered blame Labor game!
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 12:59:47 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 01:59 UTC

>"Cost of living is out of control and some people think it's your fault."

The rest of this rant sand-blasted off, sanitized, scraped away,
disinfected, fire walled and painted over.

In any democracy any party must pork-barrel to get elected. Sadly
there are those loony Stalinists, Hippies, Anarchists, the Dead, and
the religious who believe otherwise, and it's always someone else's
fault.

Last Sunday I was in town and found myself aghast at the spending orgy
everywhere. The whole town was glittering with flashing credit
cards...and the Great Unwashed think the government is going to save
them! The fault is not in our stars Horatio, but lies with Keynesian
economics foisted up on us all by that wrinkled old fart Alan
Greenspan, that kick-upstairs IvyLeague economist, by lowering
interest rates in the 1990s and leaving them there for over ten years.

And it's now payback time!

Repent at leisure!

One might paraphrase "nobody ever went broke underestimating the
intelligence of the American public" applying this to credit cards and
reckless borrowing.

The future is dire; look at Argentina and weep!

If only Mussolini were here to save us!

Re: The LNP engineered blame Labor game!

<uk4amm$76s8$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31714&group=aus.politics#31714

From: rotfl...@hotmail.com (Borax Man)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 09:08:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Borax Man - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 09:08 UTC

On 2023-11-28, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>>"Cost of living is out of control and some people think it's your fault."
>
> The rest of this rant sand-blasted off, sanitized, scraped away,
> disinfected, fire walled and painted over.
>
> In any democracy any party must pork-barrel to get elected. Sadly
> there are those loony Stalinists, Hippies, Anarchists, the Dead, and
> the religious who believe otherwise, and it's always someone else's
> fault.
>
> Last Sunday I was in town and found myself aghast at the spending orgy
> everywhere. The whole town was glittering with flashing credit
> cards...and the Great Unwashed think the government is going to save
> them! The fault is not in our stars Horatio, but lies with Keynesian
> economics foisted up on us all by that wrinkled old fart Alan
> Greenspan, that kick-upstairs IvyLeague economist, by lowering
> interest rates in the 1990s and leaving them there for over ten years.
>
> And it's now payback time!
>
> Repent at leisure!
>
> One might paraphrase "nobody ever went broke underestimating the
> intelligence of the American public" applying this to credit cards and
> reckless borrowing.
>
> The future is dire; look at Argentina and weep!
>
> If only Mussolini were here to save us!

Oh dear God, people are spending money! How will the economy cope if
people are stimulating it by spending money?

Modern Capitalism really is a laugh a minute. One day our dear elites
are panicking because people are not spending, then when they spend,
they are spending too much. I've got a solution, the central bank
should just control our spending, so we spend the right amount. Maybe
some form of digital currency that they can make expire, like a
Central Bank Digital Currency. That would do it, then we won't have
to deal with "the market" spending too much, or too little.

Really now, the LNP during the 2000's was deliberately stoking debt to
pump the economy.

Re: The LNP engineered blame Labor game!

<2khcmihlnh7jnig2emo299jajvpkh9smus@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31715&group=aus.politics#31715

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 07:16:09 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 20:16 UTC

On Tue, 28 Nov 2023 09:08:38 -0000 (UTC), Borax Man
<rotflol2@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2023-11-28, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Cost of living is out of control and some people think it's your fault."
>>
>> The rest of this rant sand-blasted off, sanitized, scraped away,
>> disinfected, fire walled and painted over.
>>
>> In any democracy any party must pork-barrel to get elected. Sadly
>> there are those loony Stalinists, Hippies, Anarchists, the Dead, and
>> the religious who believe otherwise, and it's always someone else's
>> fault.
>>
>> Last Sunday I was in town and found myself aghast at the spending orgy
>> everywhere. The whole town was glittering with flashing credit
>> cards...and the Great Unwashed think the government is going to save
>> them! The fault is not in our stars Horatio, but lies with Keynesian
>> economics foisted up on us all by that wrinkled old fart Alan
>> Greenspan, that kick-upstairs IvyLeague economist, by lowering
>> interest rates in the 1990s and leaving them there for over ten years.
>>
>> And it's now payback time!
>>
>> Repent at leisure!
>>
>> One might paraphrase "nobody ever went broke underestimating the
>> intelligence of the American public" applying this to credit cards and
>> reckless borrowing.
>>
>> The future is dire; look at Argentina and weep!
>>
>> If only Mussolini were here to save us!
>>

>Oh dear God, people are spending money! How will the economy cope if
>people are stimulating it by spending money?

Sadly it's not their money; it's borrowed money.
And the purchased products are Asian items. We pay them in $Oz to
spend in Asia. Thank God for coal & iron ore exports.

>Modern Capitalism really is a laugh a minute. One day our dear elites
>are panicking because people are not spending, then when they spend,
>they are spending too much. I've got a solution, the central bank
>should just control our spending, so we spend the right amount.

In the good old days the banks could be throttled by the Govt
increasing the Statutory Reserve Deposits (SRDs) thereby rationing
credit. This would flow down to the idle poor by increasing the
deposit requirements for houses. The poor dears in Treasury are
panicking and are trying to adjust property taxes to reduce no-tenant
speculative property investments.

> Maybe
>some form of digital currency that they can make expire, like a
>Central Bank Digital Currency. That would do it, then we won't have
>to deal with "the market" spending too much, or too little.

The erroneous policy of increasing interest rates to correct inflation
is wrong. People just factor this into their prices, so increasing
the problem.

The solution is to maintain interest rates at some moderate level and
tax currency inflows/outflows to/from the country.

>Really now, the LNP during the 2000's was deliberately stoking debt to
>pump the economy.

Yet no-one has figured out how to claw this back without electoral
damage.

Re: The LNP engineered blame Labor game!

<uk5neg$ejq6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31718&group=aus.politics#31718

From: gettingm...@nutcasewannabeFran.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 08:52:12 +1100
 by: Fran - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 21:52 UTC

On 28/11/2023 10:58 am, *Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil wrote:
> *Australians Are Poor Now?*
> /friendlyjordies, 1.21M subscribers, 183,168 views, 27 Nov 2023/
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGhgyMwTgiQ>
>
> "Cost of living is out of control and some people think it's your fault."
> ~~~   ~~~   ~~~
>
> Yeah! The LNP is at it again.

Sigh. IIRC, only two Liberals were mentioned in that FJ clip - Susan
Ley and Angus Taylor. Both of those are people are joke worthy and the
cites form Taylor's press release reflect what a waste of space he is as
Shadow Treasurer.

I sort of understand where are they coming
> from:
> They have to serve their large corporate and big business masters no
> matter what.  Their actual constituents are now on a profit binge
> screwing over the wage slave public left right and centre.
> Alas, the LNP somehow has to hide and at the same time defend that sorry
> state of affairs. Yeah! Just blame Labor and the Greens as per usual for
> the general public's misery.

The Greens weren't even mentioned as far as I recall.

That FJ is worth watching for the stats it gives.

Re: The LNP engineered blame Labor game!

<uk5o0h$em80$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31719&group=aus.politics#31719

From: gettingm...@nutcasewannabeFran.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 09:01:49 +1100
 by: Fran - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 22:01 UTC

On 28/11/2023 8:08 pm, Borax Man wrote:
> On 2023-11-28, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>>

>>> "Cost of living is out of control and some people think it's your fault."
>>
>> The rest of this rant sand-blasted off, sanitized, scraped away,
>> disinfected, fire walled and painted over.

God spare me! I'm actuall wanting to sandblast out much of Ordog's
extreme rants! How can I possibly even vaguely agree with that bloody
idiot Peter Jason.....

>> In any democracy any party must pork-barrel to get elected. Sadly
>> there are those loony Stalinists, Hippies, Anarchists, the Dead, and
>> the religious who believe otherwise, and it's always someone else's
>> fault.
>>
>> Last Sunday I was in town and found myself aghast at the spending orgy
>> everywhere. The whole town was glittering with flashing credit
>> cards...and the Great Unwashed think the government is going to save
>> them!

Typical logical fallacy of that idiot Jason.....

The fault is not in our stars Horatio, but lies with Keynesian
>> economics foisted up on us all by that wrinkled old fart Alan
>> Greenspan, that kick-upstairs IvyLeague economist, by lowering
>> interest rates in the 1990s and leaving them there for over ten years.

Yeah sure, it had to be an American who caused it.....

>> And it's now payback time!
>>
>> Repent at leisure!
>>
>> One might paraphrase "nobody ever went broke underestimating the
>> intelligence of the American public" applying this to credit cards and
>> reckless borrowing.
>>
>> The future is dire; look at Argentina and weep!
>>
>> If only Mussolini were here to save us!

Oh Lord. Please send a cleansing thunderbolt.....

> Oh dear God, people are spending money! How will the economy cope if
> people are stimulating it by spending money?

Yeah. All that grocery shopping and paying of insurance premiums has
got to be stopped.

> Modern Capitalism really is a laugh a minute. One day our dear elites
> are panicking because people are not spending, then when they spend,
> they are spending too much.

Yep.

(snip)
> Really now, the LNP during the 2000's was deliberately stoking debt to
> pump the economy.

Hm. Certainly encouraging unfettered consumerism, but 'stoking debt'???