Your wise men don't know how it feels To be thick as a brick. -- Jethro Tull, "Thick As A Brick"

aus+uk / aus.politics / Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.

SubjectAuthor
* Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.Peter Jason
+* Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.Petzl
|+- Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil
|+* Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.Peter Jason
||`* Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.Petzl
|| +- Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil
|| +* Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.Peter Jason
|| |`- Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.Petzl
|| `- Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.Rod Speed
|`- Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.Rod Speed
`* Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.Daniel65
 `- Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.Rod Speed

1
Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.

<h96fmitn3p4dfjgr4f1jnnhgba0c0d6tk4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31729&group=aus.politics#31729

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 07:11:19 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 20:11 UTC

https://victorianbigbattery.com.au/

In a further move to electricity the Govt is building batteries to
cater for demand surges.

Will its ownership be divided among the current cabal of electricity
oligarchs?

Is electricity reticulation cheaper than that of gas?

We will see further Govt subsidies for electricity appliances soon.

Re: Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.

<nk9fmi1de8s0gjbtrlbg060csomq2c9kl7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31731&group=aus.politics#31731

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: Re: Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 08:32:04 +1100
 by: Petzl - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 21:32 UTC

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 07:11:19 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>https://victorianbigbattery.com.au/
>
>In a further move to electricity the Govt is building batteries to
>cater for demand surges.

That needed to happen before the push for Wind/solar started.
They never put in hydro generators before a dam was built>

>Will its ownership be divided among the current cabal of electricity
>oligarchs?

Could be the French again,
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoen>

>Is electricity reticulation cheaper than that of gas?

No Gas is 60% more efficient than Electricity.
Gas products produce fewer emissions than electrical appliances, and
have lower operating and maintenance costs. In addition, gas is the
cleanest burning, lowest emissions fossil fuel. Another positive of
gas heating is that it gas converts heat in an efficient manner.

>We will see further Govt subsidies for electricity appliances soon.

Who knows Australia makes a lot of money from coal exports.
Any mention who gets the overhead high voltage transmission lines?
https://ibb.co/cc0bg7G
Or will they be underground? Would still need a 50 metre exclusion
path, the ground becomes poisoned, from insulation slurry poured on
top of cables.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-29/vni-west-renewable-transmission-line-change-victoria/102404498
https://t.ly/QMpDg
Victorian government changes preferred transmission line route for VNI
West project
--
Petzl

Islam is of course synonymous with terrorism
There are more Australian Muslims fighting with al Qaeda linked
groups than there are in the Australian Defence Force fighting against them!
..
Major majority of the worlds refugees are created by Islam since the
days of Mohammad. Mainly because Islam is actually a violent political
process, not a religion at all.
Islamic conquests have always been by infiltration (Trojan Horse:
Al-Hijra, The Islamic Doctrine of Immigration). This is how Islam
grows, a violent political process using , terrorist attack from
within, eventually followed by surprise attack, followed by killing
for killings sake.
Once Moslems have foothold maintaining rule is held by continued
carnage and ruthlessness.
Until it's recognized Islam is the problem nothing will change!
How Islam began and still violently grows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERou_Q5l9Gw

Re: Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.

<uk8lpm$12125$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31732&group=aus.politics#31732

From: dev...@a.shadow.that.scares.edu (*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil)
<devil@a.shadow.that.scares.edu>
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 11:42:27 +1100
 by: *Ördög* the real n - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 00:42 UTC

Petz blasts GoonCon3+ insanity into the newsgroup

/Autosnip all inputs of mentally deranged home grown and septic trash
malicious wankers residing in my killfile/

> No Gas is 60% more efficient than Electricity.

BS
NOT in this universe!

> Gas products produce fewer emissions than electrical appliances, and
> have lower operating and maintenance costs.

BS
NOT in this universe!

> In addition, gas is the
> cleanest burning, lowest emissions fossil fuel.

BS
The way you stated it is NOT happening in this universe!
However it is true that compared to coal burning the non-carbon related
pollutant emissions are lower when using gas.
As to the carbon emissions themselves, the unit of exothermal energy
gained per atom of carbon oxidation is the same in all carbon containing
materials, discounting some other exothermal reactions (mainly Hydrogen
related).
Hence the emitted CO2 is significant no matter what!

> Who knows Australia makes a lot of money from coal exports.

That is the crux of this sorry saga.
Australian billionaires and their multinational corporate bed fellows
reap huge profits while the whole planet is slowly drifting towards
inhabitability. :-(

> Any mention who gets the overhead high voltage transmission lines?
> https://ibb.co/cc0bg7G
> Or will they be underground? Would still need a 50 metre exclusion
> path, the ground becomes poisoned, from insulation slurry poured on
> top of cables.

That must be one of those Petz-patented BS technologies the World has
never head about! :-P :-P :-P

NOTE:
Your idiotic extremist and/or Xtian fundy hate propaganda and high
octane Goon-bag fumes induced fantasy sig (that quite often contains
uncredited, therefore clearly plagiarised material pinched from
countless alt-right sources) was flushed down the gurgler, as always,
without reading!

--
Ördög
"A reminder for your mortification"

Re: Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.

<5kpfmi10j8ujt7jnmtjugsehfb48attei1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31734&group=aus.politics#31734

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 12:52:55 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 01:52 UTC

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 08:32:04 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 07:11:19 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>

>>https://victorianbigbattery.com.au/
>>
>>In a further move to electricity the Govt is building batteries to
>>cater for demand surges.
>>
>That needed to happen before the push for Wind/solar started.
>They never put in hydro generators before a dam was built>
>>
>>Will its ownership be divided among the current cabal of electricity
>>oligarchs?
>>
>Could be the French again,
><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoen>
>>
>>Is electricity reticulation cheaper than that of gas?
>>
>No Gas is 60% more efficient than Electricity.

The old rule was that 20% of the heat of gas combustion went up the
flue together with the CO2 & H2O. This (low-grade) heat was wasted.
Gas appliances are more expensive to be fitted with auto-controls,
requiring thermostats and pressure sensors. Natural gas, mainly
methane+ need special burners, and for high intensity heating require
an air mixer/blower. Radiant heat is absent requiring the
less-efficient convection & conduction. The new cooking gadgets MW,
induction etc can easily replace gas.

Of course there's a hidden agenda. The powers and boffins know
nuclear is just around the corner (when all the aging hippies,
commies, greenies, mad women et. al. die and go to their long-overdue
deserts) that is just made for electric production.

Just watch the continuing gas-price squeeze.

>Gas products produce fewer emissions than electrical appliances, and
>have lower operating and maintenance costs. In addition, gas is the
>cleanest burning, lowest emissions fossil fuel. Another positive of
>gas heating is that it gas converts heat in an efficient manner.
>>
>>We will see further Govt subsidies for electricity appliances soon.
>>
>Who knows Australia makes a lot of money from coal exports.
>Any mention who gets the overhead high voltage transmission lines?
>https://ibb.co/cc0bg7G
>Or will they be underground? Would still need a 50 metre exclusion
>path, the ground becomes poisoned, from insulation slurry poured on
>top of cables.
>https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-29/vni-west-renewable-transmission-line-change-victoria/102404498
> https://t.ly/QMpDg
>Victorian government changes preferred transmission line route for VNI
>West project

Re: Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.

<4jtfmi59qp1cj4o9go14h3iabrbkijrl5n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31737&group=aus.politics#31737

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:58:44 +1100
 by: Petzl - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 02:58 UTC

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 12:52:55 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 08:32:04 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 07:11:19 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>>

>>>https://victorianbigbattery.com.au/
>>>
>>>In a further move to electricity the Govt is building batteries to
>>>cater for demand surges.
>>>
>>That needed to happen before the push for Wind/solar started.
>>They never put in hydro generators before a dam was built>
>>>
>>>Will its ownership be divided among the current cabal of electricity
>>>oligarchs?
>>>
>>Could be the French again,
>><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoen>
>>>
>>>Is electricity reticulation cheaper than that of gas?
>>>
>>No Gas is 60% more efficient than Electricity.
>
>The old rule was that 20% of the heat of gas combustion went up the
>flue together with the CO2 & H2O. This (low-grade) heat was wasted.
>Gas appliances are more expensive to be fitted with auto-controls,
>requiring thermostats and pressure sensors. Natural gas, mainly
>methane+ need special burners, and for high intensity heating require
>an air mixer/blower. Radiant heat is absent requiring the
>less-efficient convection & conduction. The new cooking gadgets MW,
>induction etc can easily replace gas.

The reason of electricity inefficiency is due to transmission losses.
Gas is direct energy no losses
The transmission over long distances creates power losses. The major
part of the energy losses comes from Joule effect in transformers and
power lines. The energy is lost as heat in the conductors. The overall
losses between the power plant and consumers is then in the range
between 8 and 15%

>Of course there's a hidden agenda. The powers and boffins know
>nuclear is just around the corner (when all the aging hippies,
>commies, greenies, mad women et. al. die and go to their long-overdue
>deserts) that is just made for electric production.
>
>Just watch the continuing gas-price squeeze.

Nuclear power is not cheap, in Australia the threat is from
ANASTO/Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation.
Lucas Heights is controlled by the "accidents" are regular and
wouldn't happen if they had even a little clue about training and
satiety
Just a few they couldn't cover up
https://t.ly/ECVge
https://t.ly/ZLJtV
https://t.ly/_5Kfa
If we go Nuclear we need overseas expertise to run it and no accidents

--
Petzl
Gough Whitlam when Joe Riordan lost the seat of Philip in Sydney’s

I had an uncle that lived in Wellington. He voted Liberal all his
life until he passed away 10 years ago. Now he votes Labor.

Re: Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.

<uk90g5$176kp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31739&group=aus.politics#31739

From: dev...@a.shadow.that.scares.edu (*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil)
<devil@a.shadow.that.scares.edu>
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 14:45:06 +1100
 by: *Ördög* the real n - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 03:45 UTC

Petz sends urgent message from his alternate reality Universe

/Autosnip all inputs of mentally deranged home grown and septic trash
malicious wankers residing in my killfile/

> Nuclear power is not cheap,

So far so good.

However It is also not very environmentally friendly regarding nuclear
fission. Sadly nuclear fusion is NOT available yet! So there you go!

> in Australia the threat is from
> ANASTO/Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation.
> Lucas Heights is controlled by the "accidents" are regular and
> wouldn't happen if they had even a little clue about training and
> satiety
> Just a few they couldn't cover up

You are back to that idiot assertion again! We went through that
nonsense a year so ago. You are an ignorant scientific illiterate moron.

ANSTO is running a research level reactor. Its problems are related to
the issue of not having an Australian solution for long term storage of
radioactive waste.

> If we go Nuclear we need overseas expertise to run it and no accidents

Rubbish!

NOTE:
Your idiotic extremist and/or Xtian fundy hate propaganda and high
octane Goon-bag fumes induced fantasy sig (that quite often contains
uncredited, therefore clearly plagiarised material pinched from
countless alt-right sources) was flushed down the gurgler, as always,
without reading!

--
Ördög
"A reminder for your mortification"

Re: Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.

<0v1gmi9stbt9uhrqja56rruo6sbs4krddn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31740&group=aus.politics#31740

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 15:01:47 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 04:01 UTC

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:58:44 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 12:52:55 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>>>That needed to happen before the push for Wind/solar started.
>>>They never put in hydro generators before a dam was built>

>>>Could be the French again,
>>><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoen>

>>>No Gas is 60% more efficient than Electricity.
>>
>>The old rule was that 20% of the heat of gas combustion went up the
>>flue together with the CO2 & H2O. This (low-grade) heat was wasted.
>>Gas appliances are more expensive to be fitted with auto-controls,
>>requiring thermostats and pressure sensors. Natural gas, mainly
>>methane+ need special burners, and for high intensity heating require
>>an air mixer/blower. Radiant heat is absent requiring the
>>less-efficient convection & conduction. The new cooking gadgets MW,
>>induction etc can easily replace gas.
>>
>The reason of electricity inefficiency is due to transmission losses.
>Gas is direct energy no losses
>The transmission over long distances creates power losses. The major
>part of the energy losses comes from Joule effect in transformers and
>power lines. The energy is lost as heat in the conductors. The overall
>losses between the power plant and consumers is then in the range
>between 8 and 15%

Would such losses be any less for gas pipelines?

>>Of course there's a hidden agenda. The powers and boffins know
>>nuclear is just around the corner (when all the aging hippies,
>>commies, greenies, mad women et. al. die and go to their long-overdue
>>deserts) that is just made for electric production.
>>
>>Just watch the continuing gas-price squeeze.
>>
>Nuclear power is not cheap, in Australia the threat is from
>ANASTO/Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation.
>Lucas Heights is controlled by the "accidents" are regular and
>wouldn't happen if they had even a little clue about training and
>satiety
>Just a few they couldn't cover up
>https://t.ly/ECVge
>https://t.ly/ZLJtV
>https://t.ly/_5Kfa
>If we go Nuclear we need overseas expertise to run it and no accidents

The French have it in hand.. about 70% of their electricity is from
nuclear.
As far as accidents are concerned, no one seems to care for the
slaughter on the roads by the common automobile. No stopping the
stampede to board planes & fly fly away, even though an accident is
fatal to all.

But common sense will save us all; Victoria sits on an ocean of BROWN
COAL to produce electricity cheap as chips.

>>>Gas products produce fewer emissions than electrical appliances, and
>>>have lower operating and maintenance costs. In addition, gas is the
>>>cleanest burning, lowest emissions fossil fuel. Another positive of
>>>gas heating is that it gas converts heat in an efficient manner.

>>>Who knows Australia makes a lot of money from coal exports.
>>>Any mention who gets the overhead high voltage transmission lines?
>>>https://ibb.co/cc0bg7G
>>>Or will they be underground? Would still need a 50 metre exclusion
>>>path, the ground becomes poisoned, from insulation slurry poured on
>>>top of cables.
>>>https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-29/vni-west-renewable-transmission-line-change-victoria/102404498
>>> https://t.ly/QMpDg
>>>Victorian government changes preferred transmission line route for VNI
>>>West project

Re: Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.

<5e8gmile4mntqdsqatiokj33sb944rg3qu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31741&group=aus.politics#31741

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 17:16:57 +1100
 by: Petzl - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 06:16 UTC

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 15:01:47 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:58:44 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>The old rule was that 20% of the heat of gas combustion went up the
>>>flue together with the CO2 & H2O. This (low-grade) heat was wasted.
>>>Gas appliances are more expensive to be fitted with auto-controls,
>>>requiring thermostats and pressure sensors. Natural gas, mainly
>>>methane+ need special burners, and for high intensity heating require
>>>an air mixer/blower. Radiant heat is absent requiring the
>>>less-efficient convection & conduction. The new cooking gadgets MW,
>>>induction etc can easily replace gas.
>>>
>>The reason of electricity inefficiency is due to transmission losses.
>>Gas is direct energy no losses
>>The transmission over long distances creates power losses. The major
>>part of the energy losses comes from Joule effect in transformers and
>>power lines. The energy is lost as heat in the conductors. The overall
>>losses between the power plant and consumers is then in the range
>>between 8 and 15%
>
>Would such losses be any less for gas pipelines?

The cost was mainly in the laying of pipes to provide gas.
The price we pay for it, is nothing but extortion and paid off
politicians backhander's allow them to get away with it!
https://t.ly/iiYU8
"While gas companies are railing against the government’s new
legislation to impose price caps on gas prices, an analysis of
financial reports shows all major gas, oil and coal companies in
Australia have made a record amount of money in 2022 so far."

https://t.ly/FF02A
Australia: Why gas prices went from $10 to $800 a gigajoule
Australia exports most of its gas, leaving little for domestic use,
then buys gas on the international market

>>>Of course there's a hidden agenda. The powers and boffins know
>>>nuclear is just around the corner (when all the aging hippies,
>>>commies, greenies, mad women et. al. die and go to their long-overdue
>>>deserts) that is just made for electric production.
>>>
>>>Just watch the continuing gas-price squeeze.
>>>
>>Nuclear power is not cheap, in Australia the threat is from
>>ANASTO/Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation.
>>Lucas Heights is controlled by the "accidents" are regular and
>>wouldn't happen if they had even a little clue about training and
>>satiety
>>Just a few they couldn't cover up
>>https://t.ly/ECVge
>>https://t.ly/ZLJtV
>>https://t.ly/_5Kfa
>>If we go Nuclear we need overseas expertise to run it and no accidents
>
>The French have it in hand.. about 70% of their electricity is from
>nuclear.

The French power much of France AND Germany.
Why French nuclear reactors line the French side of their border.
French administration, would be a good safety choice so would the
Japanese.

>As far as accidents are concerned, no one seems to care for the
>slaughter on the roads by the common automobile. No stopping the
>stampede to board planes & fly fly away, even though an accident is
>fatal to all.
>
>But common sense will save us all; Victoria sits on an ocean of BROWN
>COAL to produce electricity cheap as chips.

Much of the coal pollution with brown coal power stations is because
of the use of now out dated 1980 technology.
Modern Millinium brown coal power stations are much, much cleaner and
both cheaper and quicker to build.
https://t.ly/McnfB
Lean and clean: why modern coal-fired power plants are better by
design
New coal-fired power plant design prioritizes operational efficiency
and emissions reduction. Julian Turner looks at lessons learned from
China, pioneering technology in Denmark, Germany and Japan, and asks
if ‘clean coal’ has a meaningful role to play in the future global
energy mix.

--
Petzl
The problem with socialism is that you

Re: Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.

<uk9lid$1afbq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31742&group=aus.politics#31742

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 20:44:44 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 09:44 UTC

Peter Jason wrote on 30/11/23 7:11 am:

> https://victorianbigbattery.com.au/
>
> In a further move to electricity the Govt is building batteries to
> cater for demand surges.
>
> Will its ownership be divided among the current cabal of electricity
> oligarchs?

The old State Electricity Commission of Victoria was privatised by the
state Government (Liberals, I think) in the 1990's

Re-instigated in 2023 ... "The State Electricity Commission of Victoria
(SEC, SECV or ECV) is a government-owned renewable electricity
investment enterprise"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Electricity_Commission_of_Victoria
--
Daniel

Re: Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.

<op.2e8h8wf5byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31744&group=aus.politics#31744

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 05:13:34 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 18:13 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>> https://victorianbigbattery.com.au/

>> In a further move to electricity the Govt is building batteries to
>> cater for demand surges.

> That needed to happen before the push for Wind/solar started.

Nope, we already had the Snowy system for
that, long before the wind/solar stupidity.

> They never put in hydro generators before a dam was built>

But did do the Snowy system before the wind/solar stupidity.

>> Will its ownership be divided among thecurrent cabal of electricity
>> oligarchs?

There are no oligarchs.

> Could be the French again,
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoen>

There is no again involved.

>> Is electricity reticulation cheaper than that of gas?

> No Gas is 60% more efficient than Electricity.

That's not RETICULATION.

> Gas products produce fewer emissions than electrical appliances,

Depends on how the electricity is produced.

> and have lower operating and maintenance costs.

Bullshit with the RETICULATION.

> In addition, gas is the cleanest burning, lowest emissions fossil fuel.

But has FAR more emissions than wind and solar and nukes in spades.

> Another positive of gas heating is that itgas converts heat in an
> efficient manner.

That is mindless bullshit compared with electricity which is
always 100% efficient at point of use. Gas is NEVER that.

>> We will see further Govt subsidies for electricity appliances soon.

> Who knows Australia makes a lot of money from coal exports.

Irrelevant to GAS.

> Any mention who gets the overhead high voltage transmission lines?
> https://ibb.co/cc0bg7G
> Or will they be underground?

No one does underground long distance high voltage
transmission lines, except the under water one.

> Would still need a 50 metre exclusion path, the ground becomespoisoned,
> from insulation slurry poured on top of cables.

BULLSHIT.

> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-29/vni-west-renewable-transmission-line-change-victoria/102404498
> https://t.ly/QMpDg
> Victorian government changes preferred transmission line route for VNI
> West project

Re: Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.

<op.2e8iigznbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31745&group=aus.politics#31745

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 05:19:18 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 18:19 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>> Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> That needed to happen before the push for Wind/solar started.
>>> They never put in hydro generators before a dam was built>

>>> Could be the French again,
>>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoen>

>>> No Gas is 60% more efficient than Electricity.
>>
>> The old rule was that 20% of the heat of gas combustion went up the
>> flue together with the CO2 & H2O. This (low-grade) heat was wasted.
>> Gas appliances are more expensive to be fitted with auto-controls,
>> requiring thermostats and pressure sensors. Natural gas, mainly
>> methane+ need special burners, and for high intensity heating require
>> an air mixer/blower. Radiant heat is absent requiring the
>> less-efficient convection & conduction. The new cooking gadgets MW,
>> induction etc can easily replace gas.
>>
> The reason of electricity inefficiency is due to transmission losses.
> Gas is direct energy no losses

BULLSHIT. There is always some leakage
and gas has to be pumped, electricity doesnt.

> The transmission over long distances creates power losses. The major
> part of the energy losses comes from Joule effect in transformers and
> power lines. The energy is lost as heat in the conductors. The overall
> losses between the power plant and consumers is then in the range
> between 8 and 15%

>> Of course there's a hidden agenda. The powers and boffins know
>> nuclear is just around the corner (when all the aging hippies,
>> commies, greenies, mad women et. al. die and go to their long-overdue
>> deserts) that is just made for electric production.

>> Just watch the continuing gas-price squeeze.

> Nuclear power is not cheap,

The ongoing costs are.

<reams of mindless shit about ANSTO flushed>

>>> have lower operating and maintenance costs. In addition, gas is the
>>> cleanest burning, lowest emissions fossil fuel. Another positive of
>>> gas heating is that it gas converts heat in an efficient manner.

>>> Who knows Australia makes a lot of money from coal exports.
>>> Any mention who gets the overhead high voltage transmission lines?
>>> https://ibb.co/cc0bg7G
>>> Or will they be underground? Would still need a 50 metre exclusion
>>> path, the ground becomes poisoned, from insulation slurry poured on
>>> top of cables.
>>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-29/vni-west-renewable-transmission-line-change-victoria/102404498
>>> https://t.ly/QMpDg
>>> Victorian government changes preferred transmission line route for VNI
>>> West project

Re: Victorian domestic gas supply on the nose.

<op.2e8ip1pubyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31746&group=aus.politics#31746

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 05:23:51 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 18:23 UTC

Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
> Peter Jason wrote

>> https://victorianbigbattery.com.au/
>> In a further move to electricity the Govt is building batteries to
>> cater for demand surges.
>> Will its ownership be divided among the current cabal of electricity
>> oligarchs?

> The old State Electricity Commission of Victoria was privatised by the
> state Government (Liberals, I think) in the 1990's

Yes, by Kennett since Labor had driven the
Victorian govt finances into the ground