I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove it.

aus+uk / aus.cars / My bitch de jour - indicators

SubjectAuthor
* My bitch de jour - indicatorsTrevor Wilson
+* Re: My bitch de jour - indicatorsNoddy
|`- Re: My bitch de jour - indicatorsClocky
`- Re: My bitch de jour - indicatorsDaryl

1
My bitch de jour - indicators

<ku6mggFm5b3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31777&group=aus.cars#31777

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: My bitch de jour - indicators
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 09:26:25 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 22:26 UTC

Near to where I live, I have to travel through a roundabout to get
anywhere. Due to ambient light levels at various times, it can be a real
challenge seeing the indicators on some cars which are travelling in the
opposite direction. I had always assumed that there is some kind of ADR
relating to indicators and I'm sure there is, but I suspect the rules
are far too lax.

This hit home to me the other day, when I was behind an Audi SUV. It was
almost impossible to see the rear indicator. Unbelievable.

There is some good news though. The cars with the best, most visible
front indicators are (IMO):

* Late model Minis (They are seriously excellent)
* Recent model Hyundai (I think. Might be a Kia)

These cars have excellent front indicators.

-/RANT

Re: My bitch de jour - indicators

<ullash$2j8es$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31779&group=aus.cars#31779

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: My bitch de jour - indicators
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 10:12:17 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 23:12 UTC

On 17/12/2023 9:26 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> Near to where I live, I have to travel through a roundabout to get
> anywhere. Due to ambient light levels at various times, it can be a real
> challenge seeing the indicators on some cars which are travelling in the
> opposite direction. I had always assumed that there is some kind of ADR
> relating to indicators and I'm sure there is, but I suspect the rules
> are far too lax.
>
> This hit home to me the other day, when I was behind an Audi SUV. It was
> almost impossible to see the rear indicator. Unbelievable.

Hear what you're saying, and totally agree. Some are absolutely appalling.

> There is some good news though. The cars with the best, most visible
> front indicators are (IMO):
>
> * Late model Minis (They are seriously excellent)
> * Recent model Hyundai (I think. Might be a Kia)
>
> These cars have excellent front indicators.

There are some good ones and I agree with your choices.

Those on the Ranger are pretty decent. LED both front and rear and
they're quite bright and easy to see. On the Santa Fe the fronts are
also great, but the rears are so-so. Nothing wrong with the brightness,
but they're in a shit spot. For some reason Hyundai put a great deal of
distance between the brake/tail lights and the indicators on the Santa
Fe with the brake lights up at waist height where most wagons have them,
but the indicators are down low in the bumper:

> https://carsguide-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/f_auto,fl_lossy,q_auto,t_cg_hero_large/v1/editorial/2018-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-SUV-blue-press-image-1200x800p-%2820%29.jpg

I don't think anything of it when driving the thing, but I was a couple
of cars behind one a few days ago that stopped to turn right, and where
you can normally see the indicators of the car making the turn through
the windows of a car behind it you couldn't in this case and I thought
the idea was a bit dick.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: My bitch de jour - indicators

<ku75hnFov6qU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31785&group=aus.cars#31785

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 13:43:03 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 02:43 UTC

On 17/12/2023 9:26 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> Near to where I live, I have to travel through a roundabout to get
> anywhere. Due to ambient light levels at various times, it can be a real
> challenge seeing the indicators on some cars which are travelling in the
> opposite direction. I had always assumed that there is some kind of ADR
> relating to indicators and I'm sure there is, but I suspect the rules
> are far too lax.
>
> This hit home to me the other day, when I was behind an Audi SUV. It was
> almost impossible to see the rear indicator. Unbelievable.

Agree, I've had the same issue many times, I find that often its cars
with clear lens that are the most difficult to see but not always.
Its very likely that I've failed to give way to quite a few cars because
I didn't see their indicators and assumed that they were going straight
ahead and not turning.

--
Daryl

Re: My bitch de jour - indicators

<ulp81k$3f64r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31811&group=aus.cars#31811

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 18:48:18 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 10:48 UTC

On 17/12/2023 7:12 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 17/12/2023 9:26 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> Near to where I live, I have to travel through a roundabout to get
>> anywhere. Due to ambient light levels at various times, it can be a
>> real challenge seeing the indicators on some cars which are travelling
>> in the opposite direction. I had always assumed that there is some
>> kind of ADR relating to indicators and I'm sure there is, but I
>> suspect the rules are far too lax.
>>
>> This hit home to me the other day, when I was behind an Audi SUV. It
>> was almost impossible to see the rear indicator. Unbelievable.
>
> Hear what you're saying, and totally agree. Some are absolutely appalling.
>
>> There is some good news though. The cars with the best, most visible
>> front indicators are (IMO):
>>
>> * Late model Minis (They are seriously excellent)
>> * Recent model Hyundai (I think. Might be a Kia)
>>
>> These cars have excellent front indicators.
>
> There are some good ones and I agree with your choices.
>
> Those on the Ranger are pretty decent.

The biggest problem with those are the fuckwits driving not using them.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."