Old age is always fifteen years old than I am. -- B. Baruch

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Near Miss of the Day 638: Two incidents in less than a minute including an extremely close undertake (video includes swearing)

SubjectAuthor
* Near Miss of the Day 638: Two incidents in less than a minuteswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Near Miss of the Day 638: Two incidents in less than a minuteJNugent
`- Re: Near Miss of the Day 638: Two incidents in less than a minuteswldx...@gmail.com

1
Near Miss of the Day 638: Two incidents in less than a minute including an extremely close undertake (video includes swearing)

<584186d9-2932-4ed2-a1cc-4dfd8dfbd5d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3184&group=uk.rec.cycling#3184

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 03:35:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Near Miss of the Day 638: Two incidents in less than a minute
including an extremely close undertake (video includes swearing)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 10:35 UTC

Today’s video in our Near Miss of the Day series has two separate incidents that happened minutes apart to a cyclist in Hampshire.

First off, as road.cc reader Martin waits in Titchfield, near Farnham, to turn onto a road towards the hamlet of Meon close to the Solent coast, a Volvo driver passes him on the inside.

That incident happens 1 minute 10 seconds into the video, and if you pause the footage you’ll see that the gap is so small that as well as the driver passing Martin with minimal room to spare, the nearside wheels of the vehicle are almost touching the kerb.

There’s more to come as less than a minute later, a BMW driver overtakes Martin, this time giving plenty of room, but on a blind right-hand bend – and you can see how the brake lights flash as the motorist has to slow because of approaching vehicles.

The incidents happened last Friday and Martin said that he had sent the footage to the police but has yet to hear back from them.

https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-638-two-incidents-under-minute-286523

Re: Near Miss of the Day 638: Two incidents in less than a minute including an extremely close undertake (video includes swearing)

<iqu5v2Fmr02U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3189&group=uk.rec.cycling#3189

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
including an extremely close undertake (video includes swearing)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:45:06 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 13:45 UTC

On 21/09/2021 11:35 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Today’s video in our Near Miss of the Day series has two separate incidents that happened minutes apart to a cyclist in Hampshire.
>
> First off, as road.cc reader Martin waits in Titchfield, near Farnham, to turn onto a road towards the hamlet of Meon close to the Solent coast, a Volvo driver passes him on the inside.
>
> That incident happens 1 minute 10 seconds into the video, and if you pause the footage you’ll see that the gap is so small that as well as the driver passing Martin with minimal room to spare, the nearside wheels of the vehicle are almost touching the kerb.
>
> There’s more to come as less than a minute later, a BMW driver overtakes Martin, this time giving plenty of room, but on a blind right-hand bend – and you can see how the brake lights flash as the motorist has to slow because of approaching vehicles.
>
> The incidents happened last Friday and Martin said that he had sent the footage to the police but has yet to hear back from them.
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-638-two-incidents-under-minute-286523

The driver of the vehicle which passed Martin the fairy-cyclist on the
nearside when the Martin the fairy-cyclist was on the crown of the road,
stationary and (presumably) indicating a right turn committed no
offence. Passing a vehicle on the nearside is completely lawful when the
overtaken vehicle is turning right.

The driver of the dark car which overtook Martin the fairy-cyclist later
on committed no offence.

What the episode shows is that that Martin the fairy-cyclist has a screw
loose and delusions of adequacy.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 638: Two incidents in less than a minute including an extremely close undertake (video includes swearing)

<2204854e-6cea-4cd2-a3c2-c3f1c3881f80n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3191&group=uk.rec.cycling#3191

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 07:36:19 -0700 (PDT)
including an extremely close undertake (video includes swearing)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:36 UTC

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 11:35:47 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Today’s video in our Near Miss of the Day series has two separate incidents that happened minutes apart to a cyclist in Hampshire.
hirsute | 4280 posts | 2 hours ago
2 likes

Did the volvo driver scrape off any speed? Amazing that they did not hit the cyclist or the kerb. Very poor in a 30.

I try and be a little more to the left now if it is 30 or less - any higher I think they would rear end me.

(Just after 60 to 40 sign - nfa !)

https://cdn.road.cc/sites/default/files/styles/main_width/public/merc_0.png