I am just a nice, clean-cut Mongolian boy. -- Yul Brynner, 1956

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

SubjectAuthor
* Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowSimon Mason
+- Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowJNugent
+* Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowSimon Mason
|+- Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowSpike
|`* Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowSimon Mason
| `- Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowSpike
+* Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowSimon Mason
|`- Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowJNugent
`* Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowSimon Mason
 +- Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowJNugent
 +* Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowSimon Mason
 |+- Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowSpike
 |+* Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowSimon Mason
 ||+- Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowJNugent
 ||`- Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowSimon Mason
 |`- Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowJNugent
 `- Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney RowSpike

1
Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<f058eda0-a321-4a34-b996-5e7f60d61f2bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31779&group=uk.rec.cycling#31779

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 08:33:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 15:33 UTC

A banned driver jailed recently after a high-speed chase while carrying a child passenger must pass an extended re-test to legally take to the road in future.

Ben Coe admitted dangerous driving arising from a police chase, on and off the A183 Chester-le-Street to Sunderland road, in the Shiney Row area, late on Wednesday, August 16 this year.

Durham Crown Court heard that the police pursuers even backed off, at one stage, considering it too dangerous to continue the chase.

Coe, who was at the wheel of a Seat Altea, came to police attention leaving Shiney Row roundabout, on Chester Road, at speed, at 11.30pm.

He accelerated to more than double the limit on nearby residential streets, made dangerous turns, drove across grassed areas and negotiated a narrow gap between a small fence as the police followed with blue lights and siren activated.

Although the police pursuers lost sight of the Seat at one point and the officers considered it unsafe to carry on in the residential streets, they continued to search for the Altea.

Tyre tracks on grass off Hunter Street led them to the car, the engine of which was still running.

Coe surrendered to police but failed to provide a roadside breath sample.

In a later test at the police station he gave a reading of 57mg of alcohol in breath, compared to the legal driving limit of 35mg. FALSE!

The officers at the scene noticed there was a young child unbuckled in a passenger seat, with a female in the front passenger seat.

Although 24-year-old Coe, said to be of no fixed abode, refused to comment to police in interview, he did, subsequently, plead guilty to dangerous driving, driving with excess alcohol in his system, while he was uninsured and the subject of a disqualification.

The court heard he has a drink driving conviction from July last year and was subject of a 16-month prison sentence, suspended for 18 months, imposed for an attempted robbery offence, at York Crown Court on March 7, this year..

His latest convicton put him in breach of that suspended sentence.

Coe’s court representative, counsel Michael Cahill, said that in the defendant’s own words, he knew he had, “messed up” and was aware his actions on the night of the incident were, “unacceptable”.

Judge Jo Kidd, told Coe he was, “extraordinarily lucky” to have received the suspended sentence in March.

She said the manner of his driving that night put himself, and his passengers, including the three-year-old child, “in extreme peril”.

Judge Kidd imposed a 12-month prison sentence for the dangerous driving offence, but also activated the full 16 months of the suspended sentence order, consecutively, making a total of 28-months’ imprisonment.

Coe was also banned from driving for three years upon his release from the custodial element of that sentence.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/23867429.driver-jailed-dangerous-police-chase-shiney-row/

Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<kpkum4F1gbdU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31782&group=uk.rec.cycling#31782

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 16:50:27 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 15:50 UTC

On 22/10/2023 04:33 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A chav-cyclist (that's ALL he was), jailed recently after a high-speed chase while carrying a child passenger must pass an extended re-test to legally take to the road in future.
> Ben Coe admitted dangerous driving arising from a police chase, on and off the A183 Chester-le-Street to Sunderland road, in the Shiney Row area, late on Wednesday, August 16 this year.
> Durham Crown Court heard that the police pursuers even backed off, at one stage, considering it too dangerous to continue the chase.
> Coe, who was at the wheel of a Seat Altea, came to police attention leaving Shiney Row roundabout, on Chester Road, at speed, at 11.30pm.
> He accelerated to more than double the limit on nearby residential streets, made dangerous turns, drove across grassed areas and negotiated a narrow gap between a small fence as the police followed with blue lights and siren activated.
> Although the police pursuers lost sight of the Seat at one point and the officers considered it unsafe to carry on in the residential streets, they continued to search for the Altea.
> Tyre tracks on grass off Hunter Street led them to the car, the engine of which was still running.
> Coe surrendered to police but failed to provide a roadside breath sample.
> In a later test at the police station he gave a reading of 57mg of alcohol in breath, compared to the legal driving limit of 35mg. FALSE!
> The officers at the scene noticed there was a young child unbuckled in a passenger seat, with a female in the front passenger seat.
> Although 24-year-old Coe, said to be of no fixed abode, refused to comment to police in interview, he did, subsequently, plead guilty to dangerous driving while only a mere chav-cyclist, driving with excess alcohol in his system, while he was uninsured and the subject of a disqualification.
> The court heard he has a drink driving conviction from July last year and was subject of a 16-month prison sentence, suspended for 18 months, imposed for an attempted robbery offence, at York Crown Court on March 7, this year.

TCCB.

> His latest convicton put him in breach of that suspended sentence.
> Coe’s court representative, counsel Michael Cahill, said that in the defendant’s own words, he knew he had, “messed up” and was aware his actions on the night of the incident were, “unacceptable”.
> Judge Jo Kidd, told Coe he was, “extraordinarily lucky” to have received the suspended sentence in March.
> She said the manner of his driving that night put himself, and his passengers, including the three-year-old child, “in extreme peril”.
> Judge Kidd imposed a 12-month prison sentence for the dangerous driving offence, but also activated the full 16 months of the suspended sentence order, consecutively, making a total of 28-months’ imprisonment.
> Coe was also banned from driving for three years upon his release from the custodial element of that sentence.
>
> https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/23867429.driver-jailed-dangerous-police-chase-shiney-row/

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<aeea2894-56ee-40a5-ab24-409673157370n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31798&group=uk.rec.cycling#31798

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 10:38:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 17:38 UTC

QUOTE: A banned driver jailed recently after a high-speed chase while carrying a child passenger must pass an extended re-test to legally take to the road in future. ENDS

Why allow these law breaking twats another chance to drive again?

LIFE BANS NOW.

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<kpl7i7F34ajU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31811&group=uk.rec.cycling#31811

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 22 Oct 2023 18:21:59 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 18:21 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: A banned driver jailed recently after a high-speed chase while
> carrying a child passenger must pass an extended re-test to legally take
> to the road in future. ENDS
>
> Why allow these law breaking twats another chance to drive again?

> LIFE BANS NOW.

Write to your MP with your concerns, or pop along to his/her local surgery,
and find out what the current state of play is.

--
Spike

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<00a1b4c3-f047-4547-a1d2-06851132fc49n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31816&group=uk.rec.cycling#31816

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 12:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 19:10 UTC

QUOTE: In a later test at the police station he gave a reading of 57mg of alcohol in breath, compared to the legal driving limit of 35mg.ENDS

Wrong - he would be dead with those readings.
They were really 57 µg with 35 µg being the limit.

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<kplr0rF66vfU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31820&group=uk.rec.cycling#31820

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 00:54:03 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 23:54 UTC

On 22/10/2023 08:10 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: In a later test at the police station he gave a reading of 57mg of alcohol in breath, compared to the legal driving limit of 35mg.ENDS
>
> Wrong - he would be dead with those readings.
> They were really 57 µg with 35 µg being the limit.

First things first...

Are you trying to display your ignorance of Latin?

Or of Greek?

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<786034fb-a4b8-4656-9c3d-831f74393b60n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31825&group=uk.rec.cycling#31825

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 00:03:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 23 Oct 2023 07:03 UTC

QUOTE: Tyre tracks on grass off Hunter Street led them to the car, the engine of which was still running. ENDS

A bit like the burglars that leave footprints in the snow - amateurs at work!

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<kpo7v0Fj7f8U6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31859&group=uk.rec.cycling#31859

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 23 Oct 2023 21:47:12 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 23 Oct 2023 21:47 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> QUOTE: Tyre tracks on grass off Hunter Street led them to the car, the
> engine of which was still running. ENDS

> A bit like the burglars that leave footprints in the snow - amateurs at work!

Then tell us how it should have been done.

--
Spike

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<1625552f-eb18-486c-b965-5d3aba7e46c4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31874&group=uk.rec.cycling#31874

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 00:18:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 07:18 UTC

QUOTE: Tyre tracks on grass off Hunter Street led them to the car, the engine of which was still running. ENDS

Did the sentence take into account the pollution he caused?

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<kpphaiFqbh2U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31886&group=uk.rec.cycling#31886

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 10:33:06 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 09:33 UTC

On 24/10/2023 08:18 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Tyre tracks on grass off Hunter Street led them to the car, the engine of which was still running. ENDS
>
> Did the sentence take into account the pollution he caused?

Exactly how deranged are you?

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<4b9e9848-4a93-41e8-86ae-7ec0a4f6a43bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31893&group=uk.rec.cycling#31893

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 03:03:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 10:03 UTC

On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 8:18:27 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> QUOTE: Tyre tracks on grass off Hunter Street led them to the car, the engine of which was still running. ENDS
>
> Did the sentence take into account the pollution he caused?

"ENVIROCRIMES" they are called by our council.

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<kppme2Frd59U6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31905&group=uk.rec.cycling#31905

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 24 Oct 2023 11:00:18 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 11:00 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> QUOTE: Tyre tracks on grass off Hunter Street led them to the car, the
> engine of which was still running. ENDS

> Did the sentence take into account the pollution he caused?

Did you take pollution into account when planning your 7000-mile car tour
of Europe?

--
Spike

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<kppme3Frd59U12@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31912&group=uk.rec.cycling#31912

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 24 Oct 2023 11:00:19 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 11:00 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 8:18:27 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:

>> QUOTE: Tyre tracks on grass off Hunter Street led them to the car, the
>> engine of which was still running. ENDS

>> Did the sentence take into account the pollution he caused?

> "ENVIROCRIMES" they are called by our council.

Is your council formed from some remnant of the Soviet Union?

--
Spike

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<7976118e-d121-4d00-9e7c-f6a88970f3c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31927&group=uk.rec.cycling#31927

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 05:09:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 12:09 UTC

On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 11:03:30 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 8:18:27 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> > QUOTE: Tyre tracks on grass off Hunter Street led them to the car, the engine of which was still running. ENDS
> >
> > Did the sentence take into account the pollution he caused?
> "ENVIROCRIMES" they are called by our council.

Fly tipping being the biggest scourge.

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<kpq1tjFtfjjU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31952&group=uk.rec.cycling#31952

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 15:16:19 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 14:16 UTC

On 24/10/2023 11:03 am, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 8:18:27 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
>> QUOTE: Tyre tracks on grass off Hunter Street led them to the car, the engine of which was still running. ENDS
>>
>> Did the sentence take into account the pollution he caused?
>
> "ENVIROCRIMES" they are called by our council.

Oh... your council are a bunch of nutters as well, are they?

Thanks for the information.

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<kpq1ugFtfjjU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31953&group=uk.rec.cycling#31953

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 15:16:48 +0100

On 24/10/2023 01:09 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 11:03:30 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
>> On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 8:18:27 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
>>> QUOTE: Tyre tracks on grass off Hunter Street led them to the car, the engine of which was still running. ENDS
>>>
>>> Did the sentence take into account the pollution he caused?
>> "ENVIROCRIMES" they are called by our council.
>
> Fly tipping being the biggest scourge.

Like chav-bikes in the canal?

Re: Driver jailed for dangerous police chase in Shiney Row

<bdabd836-d024-4770-a3e0-a530b70b8407n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31963&group=uk.rec.cycling#31963

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 10:20:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 17:20 UTC

On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 1:09:58 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 11:03:30 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> > On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 8:18:27 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> > > QUOTE: Tyre tracks on grass off Hunter Street led them to the car, the engine of which was still running. ENDS
> > >
> > > Did the sentence take into account the pollution he caused?
> > "ENVIROCRIMES" they are called by our council.
> Fly tipping being the biggest scourge.

Then hare coursing by gammons from Merseyside and Mancs chavs.