From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Johnson walks us into war
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 11:14:52 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 11:14 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60185733

<quotes>

The prime minister said the UK would not tolerate Russian "destabilising activity, and we will always stand with our Nato allies".

"I have ordered our armed forces to prepare to deploy across Europe next week, ensuring we are able to support our Nato allies on land, at sea and in the air."

</quotes>

But we expect Russia to tolerate our destabilising activity.

Re: Johnson walks us into war

<exyJJ.162875$ajC1.91161@fx05.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3196&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#3196

Subject: Re: Johnson walks us into war
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 15:54:49 +0000
 by: TWP - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 15:54 UTC

On 30/01/2022 11:14, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60185733
>
> <quotes>
>
> The prime minister said the UK would not tolerate Russian "destabilising activity, and we will always stand with our Nato allies".
>
> "I have ordered our armed forces to prepare to deploy across Europe next week, ensuring we are able to support our Nato allies on land, at sea and in the air."
>
> </quotes>
>
> But we expect Russia to tolerate our destabilising activity.

The West isn't sitting on Russia's borders and I doubt that an invasion
of Russia is on anyone's to-do list.

If they're worried about NATO Why don't they just go for a mutual DMZ
along their border? I haven't heard anyone mention that idea. Could it
be that the basis of all this is actually eventual Russian expansion
rather than NATO?

Re: Johnson walks us into war

<20220130183312.00004b27@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3199&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#3199

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 18:33:12 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 18:33 UTC

On Sun, 30 Jan 2022 15:54:49 +0000
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> The West isn't sitting on Russia's borders

Except we are.

NATO has pushed herself into -

Albania
Bulgaria
Croatia
Czech Republic
Estonia
Hungary
Latvia
Lithuania
Montenegro
North Macedonia
Poland
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia

And they are still looking to bring Ukraine and Georgia into the fold.

In the 90's NATO became a pointless force. Clinton decided to remould it as a force to reduce Russian influence, to antagonise and put pressure on Russia. They have been on that track ever since.

It's a simple as it has ever been; "Every NATO gain is a victory for western capitalism, a defeat for eastern communism".

> If they're worried about NATO Why don't they just go for a mutual DMZ
> along their border?

That is pretty much what they have asked for. We told them to fuck off.

At the end of the cold war, in the wake of German reunification, we agreed we would effectively have that DMZ, agreed NATO wouldn't push ever closer to Russia, but NATO has reneged on that, done exactly what it said it wouldn't do.

This is why it's particularly problematic for Germany because they know NATO has reneged on what was promised, is not operating honourably or henestly, is trying to drag Germany into NATO's aggression and sabre-rattling.

> I haven't heard anyone mention that idea.

Of course you haven't.

What exactly do you think Russia has been demanding for the last few months, in fact many years, decades even ?

They want what NATO originally promised they could have; don't fuck with us and we won't fuck with you.

But NATO decided they would fuck Russia over. And Putin's had enough.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Johnson walks us into war