In Nature there are neither rewards nor punishments, there are consequences. -- R. G. Ingersoll

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

SubjectAuthor
* OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingPeterC
+- Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingTony Gamble
+* Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingDave W
|+- Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)
|`- Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingPeterC
+* Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingMark Carver
|+- Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingPeterC
|`- Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingDave W
+- Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingJeff Layman
+* Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingIndy Jess John
|`* Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingPeterC
| +* Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingalan_m
| |`- Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingPeterC
| `- Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingPeterC
`* Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingwilliamwright
 +* Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingwilliamwright
 |`* Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingAndy Burns
 | +* Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingwilliamwright
 | |`- Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)
 | +- Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingwilliamwright
 | `* Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingPeterC
 |  `- Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingIndy Jess John
 `- Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recordingTony Gamble

1
OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<14mxrj6bfyrao$.uwubdnm2i4jq$.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31969&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31969

From: giraffen...@homecall.co.uk (PeterC)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 22:22:16 +0000
 by: PeterC - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 22:22 UTC

The Foxsat HDR has suddenly stopped recording any programmes. It comes on 15
min. before time then does nothing.
I've checked through the Menu - all OK and also done a full mains off -
unplug (just to be sure) reboot a couple of times.
Manual recording and playbak are OK but rather negates the reason for having
a PVR!

Any ideas, please, before I go through the faf of a factory reset?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<j703kdF79jaU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31970&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31970

From: tonygam...@compuserve.com (Tony Gamble)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 22:32:45 +0000
 by: Tony Gamble - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 22:32 UTC

On 14/02/2022 22:22, PeterC wrote:
> The Foxsat HDR has suddenly stopped recording any programmes. It comes on 15
> min. before time then does nothing.
> I've checked through the Menu - all OK and also done a full mains off -
> unplug (just to be sure) reboot a couple of times.
> Manual recording and playbak are OK but rather negates the reason for having
> a PVR!
>
> Any ideas, please, before I go through the faf of a factory reset?

is there a timer setting.

just a guess

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<fqnl0hle78j8i5peahjq611u09nr0jfj3l@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31971&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31971

From: davew...@yahoo.co.uk (Dave W)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 23:03:59 +0000
 by: Dave W - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 23:03 UTC

On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 22:22:16 +0000, PeterC
<giraffenos.pam@homecall.co.uk> wrote:
>The Foxsat HDR has suddenly stopped recording any programmes. It comes on 15
>min. before time then does nothing.
>I've checked through the Menu - all OK and also done a full mains off -
>unplug (just to be sure) reboot a couple of times.
>Manual recording and playbak are OK but rather negates the reason for having
>a PVR!
>
>Any ideas, please, before I go through the faf of a factory reset?
How full is your HDD? If it's full and you haven't enabled auto-delete
of the oldest recording I guess it wouldn't record on timer.
--
Dave W

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<j7168jFddjvU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31972&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31972

From: mark.car...@invalid.invalid (Mark Carver)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 08:23:48 +0000
 by: Mark Carver - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 08:23 UTC

On 14/02/2022 22:22, PeterC wrote:
> The Foxsat HDR has suddenly stopped recording any programmes. It comes on 15
> min. before time then does nothing.
> I've checked through the Menu - all OK and also done a full mains off -
> unplug (just to be sure) reboot a couple of times.
> Manual recording and playbak are OK but rather negates the reason for having
> a PVR!
>
> Any ideas, please, before I go through the faf of a factory reset?
You're not alone it seems

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/not-recording-2

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<sufq4o$rut$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31973&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31973

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 09:01:09 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 09:01 UTC

Yes but why would it record at all, in that case?
I don't suppose the remote is suffering from a button demise?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Dave W" <davewi11@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 22:22:16 +0000, PeterC
> <giraffenos.pam@homecall.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>The Foxsat HDR has suddenly stopped recording any programmes. It comes on
>>15
>>min. before time then does nothing.
>>I've checked through the Menu - all OK and also done a full mains off -
>>unplug (just to be sure) reboot a couple of times.
>>Manual recording and playbak are OK but rather negates the reason for
>>having
>>a PVR!
>>
>>Any ideas, please, before I go through the faf of a factory reset?
>
> How full is your HDD? If it's full and you haven't enabled auto-delete
> of the oldest recording I guess it wouldn't record on timer.
> --
> Dave W

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<sug0oc$2kr$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31974&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31974

From: jmlay...@invalid.invalid (Jeff Layman)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:54:04 +0000
 by: Jeff Layman - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:54 UTC

On 14/02/2022 22:22, PeterC wrote:
> The Foxsat HDR has suddenly stopped recording any programmes. It comes on 15
> min. before time then does nothing.
> I've checked through the Menu - all OK and also done a full mains off -
> unplug (just to be sure) reboot a couple of times.
> Manual recording and playbak are OK but rather negates the reason for having
> a PVR!
>
> Any ideas, please, before I go through the faf of a factory reset?

Just to add insult to injury, my Panasonic recorded from EPG without
problem on Sunday and last night. So it's not Freeview - at least you
can eliminate that.

--

Jeff

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<sug7hp$d3n$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31975&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31975

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 12:50:00 +0000
 by: Indy Jess John - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 12:50 UTC

On 14/02/2022 22:22, PeterC wrote:
> The Foxsat HDR has suddenly stopped recording any programmes. It comes on 15
> min. before time then does nothing.
> I've checked through the Menu - all OK and also done a full mains off -
> unplug (just to be sure) reboot a couple of times.
> Manual recording and playbak are OK but rather negates the reason for having
> a PVR!
>
> Any ideas, please, before I go through the faf of a factory reset?

The wake-up 15 minutes early is when it checks the EPG to see if the
programme is still at the time you originally set.

So I wonder if it isn't seeing the EPG?

I have seen some channels that are part time in that they only broadcast
for part of the day, where in the quiet time I get a "No Signal" warning
on the screen when I turn the PVR[1] on (for example BBC THREE sometimes
does it). If the Foxsat is left tuned to such a channel, it wouldn't be
able to confirm the start time and wouldn't then record. It will only
change to the appropriate channel when the recording starts.

Set a programme from the EPG and go into standby. When it checks, 15
minutes before the start time, do an immediate check of the programme
guide to see if it is in place. If that is your problem, remember to
change to BBC1 after setting the recording.

[1] I have a Manhattan Plaza rather than a Foxsat, but the principle is
the same.

Jim

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<j71socFhkg5U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31976&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31976

From: wrightsa...@f2s.com (williamwright)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 14:47:39 +0000
 by: williamwright - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 14:47 UTC

On 14/02/2022 22:22, PeterC wrote:
> The Foxsat HDR has suddenly stopped recording any programmes. It comes on 15
> min. before time then does nothing.
> I've checked through the Menu - all OK and also done a full mains off -
> unplug (just to be sure) reboot a couple of times.
> Manual recording and playbak are OK but rather negates the reason for having
> a PVR!
>
> Any ideas, please, before I go through the faf of a factory reset?

Humax are saying there's a general fault and they're going to fix it.
All my Freesat Humax boxes have the same problem.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10223828074183411&set=gm.4642563202521509&__cft__[0]=AZU9vEj32TjOMGDYNatH3Vbyz2SBHgBsx_CWdqlVNhKUwK_pt1AZguTZ_BTZohFBc_pa4kbncox8udnvshP9PNBN6jKdzlNsrOKVYIT1V_oCznFsp571Pf1VaygTigpQ-jCuQsohUVZYoE6JIZvPTj2hUDbBtR-jWE19es1vzkRqIm3an1x6P9KfHkqfOXo8iQY&__tn__=EH-R

Bill

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<j71suiFhljvU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31977&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31977

From: wrightsa...@f2s.com (williamwright)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 14:50:57 +0000
 by: williamwright - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 14:50 UTC

On 15/02/2022 14:47, williamwright wrote:
> On 14/02/2022 22:22, PeterC wrote:
>> The Foxsat HDR has suddenly stopped recording any programmes. It comes
>> on 15
>> min. before time then does nothing.
>> I've checked through the Menu - all OK and also done a full mains off -
>> unplug (just to be sure) reboot a couple of times.
>> Manual recording and playbak are OK but rather negates the reason for
>> having
>> a PVR!
>>
>> Any ideas, please, before I go through the faf of a factory reset?
>
>  Humax are saying there's a general fault and they're going to fix it.
> All my Freesat Humax boxes have the same problem.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10223828074183411&set=gm.4642563202521509&__cft__[0]=AZU9vEj32TjOMGDYNatH3Vbyz2SBHgBsx_CWdqlVNhKUwK_pt1AZguTZ_BTZohFBc_pa4kbncox8udnvshP9PNBN6jKdzlNsrOKVYIT1V_oCznFsp571Pf1VaygTigpQ-jCuQsohUVZYoE6JIZvPTj2hUDbBtR-jWE19es1vzkRqIm3an1x6P9KfHkqfOXo8iQY&__tn__=EH-R
>

> Bill

Problems recording with Humax Freesat Boxes – Recordings missed,
Recordings Failed
As of 14/02/2022 Humax Freesat boxes have an issue regarding timed
recordings. Recordings missed, Recordings Failed, Unable to make
recordings because box is saying already recording etc. This is because
Freesat made some changes to there Program guide EPG system transmission
data. Humax is aware of this and will be working to fix it ASAP. This is
not a problem with the Humax boxes but a data transmission change by
Freesat. The problem is affecting Foxsat, HDR-1000S, HDR- 1010S,
HDR-1100S Freesat boxes. Our advice is not to start resetting or
adjusting parameters in the box. You would have thought that Freesat
would have consulted Humax before making changes to the data transmissions!

Bill

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<j71tqiFhqjpU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31978&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31978

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:05:53 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:05 UTC

williamwright wrote:

> https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10223828074183411&set=gm.4642563202521509&__cft__[0]=AZU9vEj32TjOMGDYNatH3Vbyz2SBHgBsx_CWdqlVNhKUwK_pt1AZguTZ_BTZohFBc_pa4kbncox8udnvshP9PNBN6jKdzlNsrOKVYIT1V_oCznFsp571Pf1VaygTigpQ-jCuQsohUVZYoE6JIZvPTj2hUDbBtR-jWE19es1vzkRqIm3an1x6P9KfHkqfOXo8iQY&__tn__=EH-R

"Sorry, this content isn't available at this time"

> As of 14/02/2022 Humax Freesat boxes have an issue regarding timed recordings.
> Recordings missed, Recordings Failed, Unable to make recordings because box is
> saying already recording etc. This is because Freesat made some changes to there
> Program guide EPG system transmission data.

Even searching for some of the exact text you've obviously found somewhere,
google turns up a blank.

If only humax had their own website for information like this ...

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<rt29u31x9s68.3lmcm5yavicn.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31979&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31979

From: giraffen...@homecall.co.uk (PeterC)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:21:40 +0000
 by: PeterC - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:21 UTC

On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 23:03:59 +0000, Dave W wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 22:22:16 +0000, PeterC
> <giraffenos.pam@homecall.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>The Foxsat HDR has suddenly stopped recording any programmes. It comes on 15
>>min. before time then does nothing.
>>I've checked through the Menu - all OK and also done a full mains off -
>>unplug (just to be sure) reboot a couple of times.
>>Manual recording and playbak are OK but rather negates the reason for having
>>a PVR!
>>
>>Any ideas, please, before I go through the faf of a factory reset?
>
> How full is your HDD? If it's full and you haven't enabled auto-delete
> of the oldest recording I guess it wouldn't record on timer.

Currently at 13%.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<j71uonFhutiU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31980&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31980

From: wrightsa...@f2s.com (williamwright)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:21:59 +0000
 by: williamwright - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:21 UTC

On 15/02/2022 15:05, Andy Burns wrote:
> williamwright wrote:
>
>> https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10223828074183411&set=gm.4642563202521509&__cft__[0]=AZU9vEj32TjOMGDYNatH3Vbyz2SBHgBsx_CWdqlVNhKUwK_pt1AZguTZ_BTZohFBc_pa4kbncox8udnvshP9PNBN6jKdzlNsrOKVYIT1V_oCznFsp571Pf1VaygTigpQ-jCuQsohUVZYoE6JIZvPTj2hUDbBtR-jWE19es1vzkRqIm3an1x6P9KfHkqfOXo8iQY&__tn__=EH-R
>

> "Sorry, this content isn't available at this time"
>
>> As of 14/02/2022 Humax Freesat boxes have an issue regarding timed
>> recordings. Recordings missed, Recordings Failed, Unable to make
>> recordings because box is saying already recording etc. This is
>> because Freesat made some changes to there Program guide EPG system
>> transmission data.
>
> Even searching for some of the exact text you've obviously found
> somewhere, google turns up a blank.
>
> If only humax had their own website for information like this ...

My internet must be better than yours then. Neerrrr!

Bill

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<1gwcfkfpwpkf5$.1stqcdaqfvqvv$.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31981&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31981

From: giraffen...@homecall.co.uk (PeterC)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:22:28 +0000
 by: PeterC - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:22 UTC

On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 08:23:48 +0000, Mark Carver wrote:

> On 14/02/2022 22:22, PeterC wrote:
>> The Foxsat HDR has suddenly stopped recording any programmes. It comes on 15
>> min. before time then does nothing.
>> I've checked through the Menu - all OK and also done a full mains off -
>> unplug (just to be sure) reboot a couple of times.
>> Manual recording and playbak are OK but rather negates the reason for having
>> a PVR!
>>
>> Any ideas, please, before I go through the faf of a factory reset?
> You're not alone it seems
>
> https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/not-recording-2

Thanks, that's very useful. It's not me, it's the others ;-)
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<zv2dnyc81xxp.goxh51zc44$.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31982&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31982

From: giraffen...@homecall.co.uk (PeterC)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:25:42 +0000
 by: PeterC - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:25 UTC

On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 12:50:00 +0000, Indy Jess John wrote:

> On 14/02/2022 22:22, PeterC wrote:
>> The Foxsat HDR has suddenly stopped recording any programmes. It comes on 15
>> min. before time then does nothing.
>> I've checked through the Menu - all OK and also done a full mains off -
>> unplug (just to be sure) reboot a couple of times.
>> Manual recording and playbak are OK but rather negates the reason for having
>> a PVR!
>>
>> Any ideas, please, before I go through the faf of a factory reset?
>
> The wake-up 15 minutes early is when it checks the EPG to see if the
> programme is still at the time you originally set.
>
> So I wonder if it isn't seeing the EPG?
>
> I have seen some channels that are part time in that they only broadcast
> for part of the day, where in the quiet time I get a "No Signal" warning
> on the screen when I turn the PVR[1] on (for example BBC THREE sometimes
> does it). If the Foxsat is left tuned to such a channel, it wouldn't be
> able to confirm the start time and wouldn't then record. It will only
> change to the appropriate channel when the recording starts.
>
> Set a programme from the EPG and go into standby. When it checks, 15
> minutes before the start time, do an immediate check of the programme
> guide to see if it is in place. If that is your problem, remember to
> change to BBC1 after setting the recording.
>
> [1] I have a Manhattan Plaza rather than a Foxsat, but the principle is
> the same.
>
> Jim

It's waking up 15 min. before, the EPG shows the proggy still there, it does
a zero 'recording'.
I'll set up the padding a bit, but that also means being present for some
changes as the padding will introduce a pseudo-'clash'.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<j72320FiqknU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31983&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31983

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 16:35:11 +0000
 by: alan_m - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 16:35 UTC

On 15/02/2022 15:25, PeterC wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 12:50:00 +0000, Indy Jess John wrote:
>
>> On 14/02/2022 22:22, PeterC wrote:
>>> The Foxsat HDR has suddenly stopped recording any programmes. It comes on 15
>>> min. before time then does nothing.
>>> I've checked through the Menu - all OK and also done a full mains off -
>>> unplug (just to be sure) reboot a couple of times.
>>> Manual recording and playbak are OK but rather negates the reason for having
>>> a PVR!
>>>
>>> Any ideas, please, before I go through the faf of a factory reset?
>>
>> The wake-up 15 minutes early is when it checks the EPG to see if the
>> programme is still at the time you originally set.
>>
>> So I wonder if it isn't seeing the EPG?
>>
>> I have seen some channels that are part time in that they only broadcast
>> for part of the day, where in the quiet time I get a "No Signal" warning
>> on the screen when I turn the PVR[1] on (for example BBC THREE sometimes
>> does it). If the Foxsat is left tuned to such a channel, it wouldn't be
>> able to confirm the start time and wouldn't then record. It will only
>> change to the appropriate channel when the recording starts.
>>
>> Set a programme from the EPG and go into standby. When it checks, 15
>> minutes before the start time, do an immediate check of the programme
>> guide to see if it is in place. If that is your problem, remember to
>> change to BBC1 after setting the recording.
>>
>> [1] I have a Manhattan Plaza rather than a Foxsat, but the principle is
>> the same.
>>
>> Jim
>
> It's waking up 15 min. before, the EPG shows the proggy still there, it does
> a zero 'recording'.
> I'll set up the padding a bit, but that also means being present for some
> changes as the padding will introduce a pseudo-'clash'.

How does the Humax decide what it has already recoded to prevent repeats?

Could it be that the broadcaster has provided the wrong CRID information
and your box thinks it doesn't need to be recorded because it already
has a copy.

If based on a text description could the text description of the
programmes be blank. A blank description matches a previous blank
description so it must be a repeat.

If a transponder is missing any programme transmitted on it will result
in a zero length recording.

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<l84o0hh6957pqusvlnkr1cek5h9tmbduht@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31984&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31984

From: davew...@yahoo.co.uk (Dave W)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 20:50:04 +0000
 by: Dave W - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 20:50 UTC

<mark.carver@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>On 14/02/2022 22:22, PeterC wrote:
>> The Foxsat HDR has suddenly stopped recording any programmes. It comes on 15
>> min. before time then does nothing.
>> I've checked through the Menu - all OK and also done a full mains off -
>> unplug (just to be sure) reboot a couple of times.
>> Manual recording and playbak are OK but rather negates the reason for having
>> a PVR!
>>
>> Any ideas, please, before I go through the faf of a factory reset?
>You're not alone it seems
>
>https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/not-recording-2
Thanks for the heads-up. I normally record Loose Women but the Humax
said it failed for some unknown reason. So I set it to record ITV+1
(before the programme was due to start), but that didn't record
either.
Tomorrow I will use my Humax Freeview recorder as backup to the
Freesat one.
--
Dave W

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<279c239gigm4$.1g7ilubkc8jcm$.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31985&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31985

From: giraffen...@homecall.co.uk (PeterC)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 21:30:26 +0000
 by: PeterC - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 21:30 UTC

On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 16:35:11 +0000, alan_m wrote:

> On 15/02/2022 15:25, PeterC wrote:

>>> The wake-up 15 minutes early is when it checks the EPG to see if the
>>> programme is still at the time you originally set.
>>>
>>> So I wonder if it isn't seeing the EPG?
>>>
>>> I have seen some channels that are part time in that they only broadcast
>>> for part of the day, where in the quiet time I get a "No Signal" warning
>>> on the screen when I turn the PVR[1] on (for example BBC THREE sometimes
>>> does it). If the Foxsat is left tuned to such a channel, it wouldn't be
>>> able to confirm the start time and wouldn't then record. It will only
>>> change to the appropriate channel when the recording starts.
>>>
>>> Set a programme from the EPG and go into standby. When it checks, 15
>>> minutes before the start time, do an immediate check of the programme
>>> guide to see if it is in place. If that is your problem, remember to
>>> change to BBC1 after setting the recording.
>>>
>>> [1] I have a Manhattan Plaza rather than a Foxsat, but the principle is
>>> the same.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>
>> It's waking up 15 min. before, the EPG shows the proggy still there, it does
>> a zero 'recording'.
>> I'll set up the padding a bit, but that also means being present for some
>> changes as the padding will introduce a pseudo-'clash'.
>
> How does the Humax decide what it has already recoded to prevent repeats?

Don't know.

> Could it be that the broadcaster has provided the wrong CRID information
> and your box thinks it doesn't need to be recorded because it already
> has a copy.
>
> If based on a text description could the text description of the
> programmes be blank. A blank description matches a previous blank
> description so it must be a repeat.

Five is good at no description and that's OK.
The 'lower' 5s and ITV channels are a damned nuisance: set a film and get a
clash because there's a repeat a few days earlier or later, so the
description has no effect. Must be identical PRID.

> If a transponder is missing any programme transmitted on it will result
> in a zero length recording.

It happens for other reasons, such as a Briefing that appears at short
notice and a programme on BBC 1 goes to BBC 2.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<1lf8f83ilwp3c.8hgwwdqzslma.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31986&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31986

From: giraffen...@homecall.co.uk (PeterC)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 21:33:42 +0000
 by: PeterC - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 21:33 UTC

On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:25:42 +0000, PeterC wrote:

> It's waking up 15 min. before, the EPG shows the proggy still there, it does
> a zero 'recording'.
> I'll set up the padding a bit, but that also means being present for some
> changes as the padding will introduce a pseudo-'clash'.

Set the Start to 1 min. and it's OK.
Left the End on Auto and the recording stops at that time.
BBC News at Six is usually 32 min. Tonight it stopped at 30 min so missed
the weather forecast. Fortunately the early start on Look East had
tomorrow's weather on it.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<suifer$e3r$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31987&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31987

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 09:17:12 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 09:17 UTC

Would one not have thought that Freesat would have tested any changes with
mass owned equipment befor the changed something like this? After all the
makers could have implimented an update perhaps.
In the US I bet those at Freesat would be looking at an expensive legal
case by now.

"williamwright" <wrightsaerials@f2s.com> wrote in message
> On 15/02/2022 15:05, Andy Burns wrote:
>> williamwright wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10223828074183411&set=gm.4642563202521509&__cft__[0]=AZU9vEj32TjOMGDYNatH3Vbyz2SBHgBsx_CWdqlVNhKUwK_pt1AZguTZ_BTZohFBc_pa4kbncox8udnvshP9PNBN6jKdzlNsrOKVYIT1V_oCznFsp571Pf1VaygTigpQ-jCuQsohUVZYoE6JIZvPTj2hUDbBtR-jWE19es1vzkRqIm3an1x6P9KfHkqfOXo8iQY&__tn__=EH-R
>>

>> "Sorry, this content isn't available at this time"
>>
>>> As of 14/02/2022 Humax Freesat boxes have an issue regarding timed
>>> recordings. Recordings missed, Recordings Failed, Unable to make
>>> recordings because box is saying already recording etc. This is because
>>> Freesat made some changes to there Program guide EPG system transmission
>>> data.
>>
>> Even searching for some of the exact text you've obviously found
>> somewhere, google turns up a blank.
>>
>> If only humax had their own website for information like this ...
>>

> My internet must be better than yours then. Neerrrr!
>
> Bill

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<j74dllF1qsrU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31989&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31989

From: wrightsa...@f2s.com (williamwright)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:48:38 +0000
 by: williamwright - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:48 UTC

On 16/02/2022 11:17, Martin wrote:

> Problem has been fixed yesterday according to
> https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/freesat-recording-fails-humax/

Mine is working; at least the one I've checked is. It had lost all its
timings for future recordings though, but I've put them back and it's OK.

Bill

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<j74gkjF2cbbU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31990&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31990

From: tonygam...@compuserve.com (Tony Gamble)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 14:39:15 +0000
 by: Tony Gamble - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 14:39 UTC

>  Humax are saying there's a general fault and they're going to fix it.
> All my Freesat Humax boxes have the same problem.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10223828074183411&set=gm.4642563202521509&__cft__[0]=AZU9vEj32TjOMGDYNatH3Vbyz2SBHgBsx_CWdqlVNhKUwK_pt1AZguTZ_BTZohFBc_pa4kbncox8udnvshP9PNBN6jKdzlNsrOKVYIT1V_oCznFsp571Pf1VaygTigpQ-jCuQsohUVZYoE6JIZvPTj2hUDbBtR-jWE19es1vzkRqIm3an1x6P9KfHkqfOXo8iQY&__tn__=EH-R
>

> Bill

Which explains why I have a couple of duff recordings on my Foxsat in
the last few days.

I was not bothered as they were probably series I have never bothered to
remove.

Tony

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<pl01mhq82acu$.7wbk3awepjji$.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31991&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31991

From: giraffen...@homecall.co.uk (PeterC)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 14:48:22 +0000
 by: PeterC - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 14:48 UTC

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:17:36 +0100, Martin wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 11:22:54 +0100, Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:

>>>"Sorry, this content isn't available at this time"

>>>Even searching for some of the exact text you've obviously found somewhere,
>>>google turns up a blank.
>>>
>>>If only humax had their own website for information like this ...
>>
>>That explains why every recording failed on Monday 14-2-22 evening. The St
>>Valentine Days massacre
>
> Problem has been fixed yesterday according to
> https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/freesat-recording-fails-humax/

That's good - gets rid of possible clashes (I've 2 recs set for 18:30 and 1
for 19:00, then similar at 21:00). Often have to be here for such changes
anyway, as the Hummy is good at recording a bit of continuity and dropping
the next rec. set. I'd still like to know what Freesat did.
Thanks for all the help.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Re: OT - Humax Foxsat HDR not recording

<sujmt6$pd8$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31992&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31992

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 20:30:27 +0000
 by: Indy Jess John - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 20:30 UTC

On 16/02/2022 14:48, PeterC wrote:

> I'd still like to know what Freesat did.

Me too, because I haven't got a Humax, and my Manhattan Plaza Freesat
box didn't have any problems with series record not working.

So why was it not a *general* Freesat PVR problem?

Jim