"What man has done, man can aspire to do." -- Jerry Pournelle, about space flight

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for life

SubjectAuthor
* Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for lifeswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for lifeJNugent
|+* Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for lifecolwyn
||`- Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for lifeJNugent
|`* Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for lifecolwyn
| `* Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for lifeswldx...@gmail.com
|  `- Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for lifeJNugent
`- Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for lifeswldx...@gmail.com

1
Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for life

<b432098c-c77b-40cb-8be8-58d850fd8f97n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3185&group=uk.rec.cycling#3185

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 03:37:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for life
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 10:37 UTC

A man has been arrested in connection with a "hit-and-run" on the A55 which left a cyclist fighting for his life.

A 60-year-old man was arrested in the Holyhead area during the early hours of Monday morning following the incident on the westbound carriageway near Valley on Anglesey on Sunday evening.

The cyclist was taken to hospital and has since been transferred to hospital in Stoke with life-threatening injuries.

Sergeant Emlyn Hughes of the Roads Policing Unit said: “We continue to appeal to anybody who may have been travelling along the A55 around the time of the collision and who may have dash cam footage to contact us.

“Enquiries are ongoing and anybody with information that could assist with our investigation should contact us immediately.”

A man has been arrested on suspicion of numerous driving offences including causing serious injury by dangerous driving, failing to stop after a collision and driving whilst unfit through drink/drugs.

He currently remains in police custody.

On Sunday evening, police asked for witnesses to help with the probe.

They asked for anybody who was in the area and saw the cyclist between 7pm and 8.30pm on Sunday to call them.

The road reopened just before 6am on Monday having been closed for around nine hours.

Anybody with information or dash cam footage is urged to contact officers at the Roads Policing Unit via the website or by calling 101, quoting reference number 21000653691.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/man-arrested-after-a55-hit-21620088

Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for life

<iqu2trFm7e7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3187&group=uk.rec.cycling#3187

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 13:53:15 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 12:53 UTC

On 21/09/2021 11:37 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> A man has been arrested in connection with a "hit-and-run" on the A55 which left a cyclist fighting for his life.
>
> A 60-year-old man was arrested in the Holyhead area during the early hours of Monday morning following the incident on the westbound carriageway near Valley on Anglesey on Sunday evening.
>
> The cyclist was taken to hospital and has since been transferred to hospital in Stoke with life-threatening injuries.
>
> Sergeant Emlyn Hughes of the Roads Policing Unit said: “We continue to appeal to anybody who may have been travelling along the A55 around the time of the collision and who may have dash cam footage to contact us.
>
> “Enquiries are ongoing and anybody with information that could assist with our investigation should contact us immediately.”
>
> A man has been arrested on suspicion of numerous driving offences including causing serious injury by dangerous driving, failing to stop after a collision and driving whilst unfit through drink/drugs.
>
> He currently remains in police custody.
>
> On Sunday evening, police asked for witnesses to help with the probe.
>
> They asked for anybody who was in the area and saw the cyclist between 7pm and 8.30pm on Sunday to call them.
>
> The road reopened just before 6am on Monday having been closed for around nine hours.
>
> Anybody with information or dash cam footage is urged to contact officers at the Roads Policing Unit via the website or by calling 101, quoting reference number 21000653691.
>
> https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/man-arrested-after-a55-hit-21620088

Would this be the same A55 at Valley, North Wales, as the one upon which
cycling is *prohibited*?

<https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.2807125,-3.7904042,3a,75y,77.04h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sRJ-VDt9TaeK2vezPW-f3nw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en>

[Completely safe for work.]

Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for life

<7cf80c30-c734-4378-9320-71cb595ec249n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3190&group=uk.rec.cycling#3190

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 07:30:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:30 UTC

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 11:37:45 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A man has been arrested in connection with a "hit-and-run" on the A55 which left a cyclist fighting for his life.
>
> A 60-year-old man was arrested in the Holyhead area during the early hours of Monday morning following the incident on the westbound carriageway near Valley on Anglesey on Sunday evening.
>
> The cyclist was taken to hospital and has since been transferred to hospital in Stoke with life-threatening injuries.
>
> Sergeant Emlyn Hughes of the Roads Policing Unit said: “We continue to appeal to anybody who may have been travelling along the A55 around the time of the collision and who may have dash cam footage to contact us.
>
> “Enquiries are ongoing and anybody with information that could assist with our investigation should contact us immediately.”
>
> A man has been arrested on suspicion of numerous driving offences including causing serious injury by dangerous driving, failing to stop after a collision and driving whilst unfit through drink/drugs.
>
> He currently remains in police custody.
>
> On Sunday evening, police asked for witnesses to help with the probe.
>
> They asked for anybody who was in the area and saw the cyclist between 7pm and 8.30pm on Sunday to call them.
>
> The road reopened just before 6am on Monday having been closed for around nine hours.
>
> Anybody with information or dash cam footage is urged to contact officers at the Roads Policing Unit via the website or by calling 101, quoting reference number 21000653691.
>
> https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/man-arrested-after-a55-hit-21620088

18 hrs ago

"Another innocent life possibly ruined by a lowlife druggie" - QUITE.

Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for life

<sicraf$o1j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3193&group=uk.rec.cycling#3193

From: guddi...@btinternet.invalid (colwyn)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 15:47:41 +0100
 by: colwyn - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:47 UTC

On 21/09/2021 13:53, JNugent wrote:
> On 21/09/2021 11:37 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> A man has been arrested in connection with a "hit-and-run" on the A55
>> which left a cyclist fighting for his life.
>>
>> A 60-year-old man was arrested in the Holyhead area during the early
>> hours of Monday morning following the incident on the westbound
>> carriageway near Valley on Anglesey on Sunday evening.
>>
>> The cyclist was taken to hospital and has since been transferred to
>> hospital in Stoke with life-threatening injuries.
>>
>> Sergeant Emlyn Hughes of the Roads Policing Unit said: “We continue to
>> appeal to anybody who may have been travelling along the A55 around
>> the time of the collision and who may have dash cam footage to contact
>> us.
>>
>> “Enquiries are ongoing and anybody with information that could assist
>> with our investigation should contact us immediately.”
>>
>> A man has been arrested on suspicion of numerous driving offences
>> including causing serious injury by dangerous driving, failing to stop
>> after a collision and driving whilst unfit through drink/drugs.
>>
>> He currently remains in police custody.
>>
>> On Sunday evening, police asked for witnesses to help with the probe.
>>
>> They asked for anybody who was in the area and saw the cyclist between
>> 7pm and 8.30pm on Sunday to call them.
>>
>> The road reopened just before 6am on Monday having been closed for
>> around nine hours.
>>
>> Anybody with information or dash cam footage is urged to contact
>> officers at the Roads Policing Unit via the website or by calling 101,
>> quoting reference number 21000653691.
>>
>> https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/man-arrested-after-a55-hit-21620088
>>

> Would this be the same A55 at Valley, North Wales, as the one upon which
> cycling is *prohibited*?

No, you are talking twaddle! There are stretches where cycling is
prohibited, but not on Anglesey.
The picture you posted shows a slip road nearly 50 miles east in North
Wales.

> <https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.2807125,-3.7904042,3a,75y,77.04h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sRJ-VDt9TaeK2vezPW-f3nw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en>
>

> [Completely safe for work.]

Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for life

<sicruu$rg0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3194&group=uk.rec.cycling#3194

From: guddi...@btinternet.invalid (colwyn)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 15:58:37 +0100
 by: colwyn - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:58 UTC

On 21/09/2021 13:53, JNugent wrote:
> On 21/09/2021 11:37 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> A man has been arrested in connection with a "hit-and-run" on the A55
>> which left a cyclist fighting for his life.
>>
>> A 60-year-old man was arrested in the Holyhead area during the early
>> hours of Monday morning following the incident on the westbound
>> carriageway near Valley on Anglesey on Sunday evening.
>>
>> The cyclist was taken to hospital and has since been transferred to
>> hospital in Stoke with life-threatening injuries.
>>
>> Sergeant Emlyn Hughes of the Roads Policing Unit said: “We continue to
>> appeal to anybody who may have been travelling along the A55 around
>> the time of the collision and who may have dash cam footage to contact
>> us.
>>
>> “Enquiries are ongoing and anybody with information that could assist
>> with our investigation should contact us immediately.”
>>
>> A man has been arrested on suspicion of numerous driving offences
>> including causing serious injury by dangerous driving, failing to stop
>> after a collision and driving whilst unfit through drink/drugs.
>>
>> He currently remains in police custody.
>>
>> On Sunday evening, police asked for witnesses to help with the probe.
>>
>> They asked for anybody who was in the area and saw the cyclist between
>> 7pm and 8.30pm on Sunday to call them.
>>
>> The road reopened just before 6am on Monday having been closed for
>> around nine hours.
>>
>> Anybody with information or dash cam footage is urged to contact
>> officers at the Roads Policing Unit via the website or by calling 101,
>> quoting reference number 21000653691.
>>
>> https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/man-arrested-after-a55-hit-21620088
>>

> Would this be the same A55 at Valley, North Wales, as the one upon which
> cycling is *prohibited*?
>
> <https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.2807125,-3.7904042,3a,75y,77.04h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sRJ-VDt9TaeK2vezPW-f3nw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en>
>

> [Completely safe for work.]

Done that and found it safe enough - don't know about in the dark.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.2783946,-4.5493656,3a,78.9y,286.26h,66.6t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1svPrE8vmsrcfX5wi5CBoUPw!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DvPrE8vmsrcfX5wi5CBoUPw%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D343.44547%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192!5m1!1e2?hl=en

Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for life

<iqucfoFo2o4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3195&group=uk.rec.cycling#3195

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 16:36:24 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 15:36 UTC

On 21/09/2021 03:47 pm, colwyn wrote:
> On 21/09/2021 13:53, JNugent wrote:
>> On 21/09/2021 11:37 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> A man has been arrested in connection with a "hit-and-run" on the A55
>>> which left a cyclist fighting for his life.
>>>
>>> A 60-year-old man was arrested in the Holyhead area during the early
>>> hours of Monday morning following the incident on the westbound
>>> carriageway near Valley on Anglesey on Sunday evening.
>>>
>>> The cyclist was taken to hospital and has since been transferred to
>>> hospital in Stoke with life-threatening injuries.
>>>
>>> Sergeant Emlyn Hughes of the Roads Policing Unit said: “We continue
>>> to appeal to anybody who may have been travelling along the A55
>>> around the time of the collision and who may have dash cam footage to
>>> contact us.
>>>
>>> “Enquiries are ongoing and anybody with information that could assist
>>> with our investigation should contact us immediately.”
>>>
>>> A man has been arrested on suspicion of numerous driving offences
>>> including causing serious injury by dangerous driving, failing to
>>> stop after a collision and driving whilst unfit through drink/drugs.
>>>
>>> He currently remains in police custody.
>>>
>>> On Sunday evening, police asked for witnesses to help with the probe.
>>>
>>> They asked for anybody who was in the area and saw the cyclist
>>> between 7pm and 8.30pm on Sunday to call them.
>>>
>>> The road reopened just before 6am on Monday having been closed for
>>> around nine hours.
>>>
>>> Anybody with information or dash cam footage is urged to contact
>>> officers at the Roads Policing Unit via the website or by calling
>>> 101, quoting reference number 21000653691.
>>>
>>> https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/man-arrested-after-a55-hit-21620088
>>>

>> Would this be the same A55 at Valley, North Wales, as the one upon
>> which cycling is *prohibited*?
>>
> No, you are talking twaddle! There are stretches where cycling is
> prohibited, but not on Anglesey.
> The picture you posted shows a slip road nearly 50 miles east in North
> Wales.

Fair enough. But remembering that part of A55 has expressway status, I
did a search for A55, Valley.

The dual-carriageway A55 on Anglesey is, however, completely paralleled
by the single-carriageway A5 (it's not really clear why the route number
A5 wasn't transferred to the purpose-built road).

Either way, the single-carriageway route would seem eminently more
suitable - and safer - for bicycle and pedestrian traffic, as well as
animals, mopeds, etc.

>> <https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.2807125,-3.7904042,3a,75y,77.04h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sRJ-VDt9TaeK2vezPW-f3nw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en>

>> [Completely safe for work.]

Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for life

<c52f5df0-1134-4df2-874d-eb4c8b236befn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3199&group=uk.rec.cycling#3199

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 12:49:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 19:49 UTC

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 3:58:39 PM UTC+1, colwyn wrote:

> https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.2783946,-4.5493656,3a,78.9y,286.26h,66.6t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1svPrE8vmsrcfX5wi5CBoUPw!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DvPrE8vmsrcfX5wi5CBoUPw%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D343.44547%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192!5m1!1e2?hl=en

That looks remarkably like the Welsh road in the "Drink-driver ploughed into cyclist on Christmas Eve causing catastrophic injuries" story!

https://i2-prod.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/article21619675.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_A4042.jpg

Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for life

<iqv5tlFspujU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3201&group=uk.rec.cycling#3201

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 23:50:29 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 22:50 UTC

> On Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 3:58:39 PM UTC+1, colwyn wrote:
>

>> https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.2783946,-4.5493656,3a,78.9y,286.26h,66.6t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1svPrE8vmsrcfX5wi5CBoUPw!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DvPrE8vmsrcfX5wi5CBoUPw%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D343.44547%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192!5m1!1e2?hl=en
>
> That looks remarkably like the Welsh road in the "Drink-driver ploughed into cyclist on Christmas Eve causing catastrophic injuries" story!
>
> https://i2-prod.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/article21619675.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_A4042.jpg

What an odd road layout.

It looks like an optical illusion.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Man arrested after A55 'hit-and-run' as cyclist fights for life