No user-servicable parts inside. Refer to qualified service personnel.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deleted call history jailed

SubjectAuthor
* Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deleted callswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deleted call historMr Pounder Esquire
 +* Re: Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deletedswldx...@gmail.com
 |`- Re: Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deletedJNugent
 `- Re: Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deletedPeter Keller

1
Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deleted call history jailed

<2b6e6b75-48cb-43e6-bbd8-2c6614971d54n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3208&group=uk.rec.cycling#3208

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 11:03:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deleted call
history jailed
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 18:03 UTC

Utter scum.

A taxi driver who crashed into a cyclist at 70mph while on a call and then wiped his phone data has been jailed for two years and eight months.

Kashyap Patel, 39, was not arrested after the collision but has since admitted to causing serious injury by dangerous driving and perverting the course of justice.

Patel's iPhone and Motorola had already been handed over to Kent Police when he was able to restore them to factory settings remotely.

But, after recovering SIM card information and reaching out to phone companies, the police discovered that Patel used both of his phones.

Records show that he was on the phone for around 10 minutes, both leading up to the crash and during the collision.

"When asked about the data being erased he admitted he had done so," said prosecutor Peter Forbes in court.

"He said he went online, logged into the Cloud and that there was a way you could delete it.

"However some data was obtained via the SIM cards and records show both phones had been in use at different times prior to the collision."

"The deleting of the data from the phones within hours of them being seized was a calculated act intended to impede the police investigation."

The court heard Mr Isted, a project engineer in the construction industry, gives talks to children in schools about the importance of wearing a cycling helmet.

Ian Isted was cycling on the road when Patel ploughed into him from the rear.

It was later admitted by Patel that he was on the phone to his wife when he hit Mr Isted, and he says he wiped his phones after panicking that his bank details will be shown to the police.

As well as his prison term, the father-of-two driver from Tunbridge Wales has been banned from driving for three years and 10 months.

This comes after Mr Isted, who was out cycling to train for a triathlon, was thrown into the air on impact from Patel's Ford Tourneo van in East Peckham, Kent, on Sunday 6 January 2019.

Mr Isted suffered serious injuries including biting through his tongue, a brain injury and a fractured spine in several places.

He had to undergo surgery to fit metal rods into his back and still requires treatment to recover.

In his victim statement, Mr Isted explains that he can no longer compete in the Ironman challenge, something he dreamed of doing for his 50th birthday..

Witnesses say that they were able to see Mr Isted from up to half a mile away as he was wearing a hi-vis jacket, trousers, cycling shoes and gloves, and riding a £4,500 bike with three rear-facing red, flashing lights.

Mr Isted has decided not to return to cycling from the accident.

"I know I'm lucky to be alive and that without my helmet and the assistance of other road users and paramedics at the scene this would not be the case," Mr Isted wrote in his statement.

The court heard the cabbie, who was not carrying passengers at the time of the incident, could have pulled into the second lane of the dual carriageway and overtake Mr Isted.

It was said in court by prosecutor Forbes that while Patel had not been speeding, he lied to the police who came to the scene that Mr Isted had cycled into his blind spot

During the sentencing, Judge Catherine Moore said: "The use by drivers of mobile phones has long been recognised to have a serious and detrimental effect on a driver's ability to concentrate on the road."

"You didn't see Mr Isted despite him being clearly visible and took no evasive action as your van closed in upon him.

"You knew the significance of the mobile phones.

"Albeit you may have been in a state of panic, you took a deliberate action to wipe the data.

"Although some information was recovered from the phone companies, the full extent of your phone use may still be unknown."

The defence attorney, Ian Dear, emphasised that Patel's driving record had been excellent prior to his 'mindless stupidity', and that deleting the phones' data was 'a severe attack of the panics'.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/taxi-driver-who-hit-cyclist-25045828

Re: Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deleted call history jailed

<siftqr$8dv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3209&group=uk.rec.cycling#3209

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deleted call history jailed
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 19:48:41 +0100
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 18:48 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> Isted had cycled into his blind spot
>
> During the sentencing, Judge Catherine Moore said: "The use by
> drivers of mobile phones has long been recognised to have a serious
> and detrimental effect on a driver's ability to concentrate on the
> road."
>
> "You didn't see Mr Isted despite him being clearly visible and took
> no evasive action as your van closed in upon him.
>
> "You knew the significance of the mobile phones.
>
> "Albeit you may have been in a state of panic, you took a deliberate
> action to wipe the data.
>
> "Although some information was recovered from the phone companies,
> the full extent of your phone use may still be unknown."
>
> The defence attorney, Ian Dear, emphasised that Patel's driving
> record had been excellent prior to his 'mindless stupidity', and that
> deleting the phones' data was 'a severe attack of the panics'.

When are you going to realise that nobody gives a shit about scum cyclists?
You really are an obsessed sad little fuck all.

Re: Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deleted call history jailed

<d6700835-8812-4b50-9a46-83913a9127e3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3210&group=uk.rec.cycling#3210

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:01:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deleted
call history jailed
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 19:01 UTC

On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 7:49:00 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> > https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/taxi-driver-who-hit-cyclist-25045828
> When are you going to realise that nobody gives a shit about scum cyclists?

Explain these comments then.

Considering the terrible injuries sustained by the victim & how it'll affect his future, I think the jail sentence seems overwhelmingly unjustified & far too lenient, given the lengths of deception he went through to avoid suspicion.

3 hrs ago

I'd also check his bank balance, if he seriously worried the police would see it it makes you wonder, it may be more than an excuse to delete other details.

4 hrs ago

Half kills a good man then tries to hide his actions ……words cannot be printed how I feel about this person but I wish all that’s bad on him .

4 hrs ago

That’s a short sentence!

Re: Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deleted call history jailed

<ir1kbpFclqrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3211&group=uk.rec.cycling#3211

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
call history jailed
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 22:09:13 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 21:09 UTC

> On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 7:49:00 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>> https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/taxi-driver-who-hit-cyclist-25045828

>> When are you going to realise that nobody gives a shit about scum cyclists?
>
> Explain these comments then.

> Considering the terrible injuries sustained by the victim & how it'll affect his future, I think the jail sentence seems overwhelmingly unjustified & far too lenient, given the lengths of deception he went through to avoid suspicion.

Written by a fairy-cyclist, possibly?
> I'd also check his bank balance, if he seriously worried the police would see it it makes you wonder, it may be more than an excuse to delete other details.

Are Asian workers not allowed bank accounts, then?

> That’s a short sentence!

So was that. But not short enough, perhaps?

Re: Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deleted call history jailed

<sihlj4$jc6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3212&group=uk.rec.cycling#3212

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
call history jailed
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 22:40:34 +1200
 by: Peter Keller - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 10:40 UTC

On 23/09/21 06:48, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

> When are you going to realise that nobody gives a shit about scum cyclists?
> You really are an obsessed sad little fuck all.

Liar.
I give a shit about scum bicyclists, along with other bicyclists.

The ice-skating mongoose is interdependent on the relatedness of
motivation, subcultures, and management.

asswad lorry

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Taxi driver who hit cyclist at 70mph while on phone then deleted call history jailed