Your business will assume vast proportions.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

SubjectAuthor
* I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding carSimon Mason
+* Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aJNugent
|`- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown downSpike
+* Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aSimon Mason
|+- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown downSpike
|+* Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aSimon Mason
||+- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown downSpike
||+* Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aSimon Mason
|||`- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown downSpike
||`* Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aSimon Mason
|| `- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aJNugent
|+* Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aSimon Mason
||+- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown downSpike
||+- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aJNugent
||`* Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aSimon Mason
|| `- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown downSpike
|+* Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aSimon Mason
||`- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aJNugent
|+* Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aSimon Mason
||+- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown downSpike
||`* Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aSimon Mason
|| `- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown downSpike
|+* Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aSimon Mason
||`- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown downSpike
|`* Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aSimon Mason
| +- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown downSpike
| `- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aSimon Mason
`* Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aSimon Mason
 +- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown downSpike
 `* Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by aSimon Mason
  `- Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown downSpike

Pages:12
I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<50814bcc-43b0-47ef-903f-703ad85b51ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32091&group=uk.rec.cycling#32091

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 06:26:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 13:26 UTC

A hero mother who pushed her baby's pram to safety in the split second before she was mown down by a speeding car - causing life changing injuries - today vowed: 'I would do exactly the same again to save my children.'

Becky Sharp was saluted for her courage and quick-thinking this week as a judge jailed the maniac drunk driver who left her for dead and would have hit her baby too if she hadn't acted so decisively.

While her 11-month-old daughter Lorena miraculously escaped injury, Becky was left with serious brain injuries and multiple fractures after being thrown 'like a rag doll' through the air.

The 31-year-old now faces years of rehabilitation as she recovers from the accident in April after being run over by scaffolder Dale Clark who had been distracted from his driving by trying to buy cocaine.

Earlier this week the 38-year-old was jailed for three and a half years at Bournemouth Crown Court after admitting causing serious injury by dangerous driving, failing to stop at an accident and drink driving.

Becky was in court to see him sentenced and had hoped he might express some remorse for 'turning my life upside down'.

But Clark, who had been on a vodka binge the night before the accident, failed to even look at Becky as she sat in a wheelchair with her husband Dan by her side.

She said: 'I wanted to go to court because I was angry, and I wanted to see him.

'He did not make any eye contact and did not express any remorse. He said nothing directly to me.

'I know he has written a letter to the court, and his mother came up to us at the end and said sorry. His grandmother mouthed 'sorry '. That was kind.

'But I am upset that he hasn't said sorry to me directly.'

In an exclusive interview from her hospital room, Becky said she was pleased the judge had praised her as a hero.

She said: 'That was nice of him to recognise that I pushed my daughter out of the way, but I would do it all over again if it was to save one of my children.

'I would do it multiple times if needs be. I am just grateful that Lorena was not hurt and that my other two children were not with me. I am so grateful that Lorena was not injured. '

Remarkably, while she says she is angry at Clark for the devastating effect of his recklessness she does not have any strong feelings of bitterness towards him – even admitting that over time could even forgive him.

I can't say I forgive him now, but over time maybe,' said Becky. 'I don't feel any real bitterness as he has gone to prison.

'He has been given a prison sentence which I think is just. The maximum was five years, so it was fair. His life has changed. I'm not sure I can ask for more.'

Even though Clark,from New Milton, Hampshire, will likely be free in 18 months after serving half his sentence Becky accepts she could still be undergoing rehab.

Her life and that of her family were turned upside down on the morning of April 11th.

The charity fundraiser, who was on maternity leave, had dropped her two other daughters, Fionnula, eight and Matilda, six, at a holiday playgroup near her home in Bournemouth, Dorset when she crossed a road outside a park.

She was pushing Lorena in her pram when Clark, travelling at 40mph in a 30mph zone, ploughed into her.

Becky managed to push the pram out of the way and took the full brunt of the collision that launched her the length of a cricket pitch along the road. Clark sped off leaving her for dead and the pram upturned.

A witness to the crash memorised the number plate of Clark's RAV4 car before rushing to help the injured mother.

Clark was arrested later and found to be over the drink drive limit.

He initially denied being drunk and having taken cocaine but later admitted his guilt.

Clark also said in a police interview that he had been looking at his phone when he hit the mother-of-three as she crossed the road.

Becky was given an emergency blood transfusion at the roadside before being flown by air ambulance to hospital in Southampton.

Her husband Dan and family members were told to prepare for the worst.

The severity of Becky's brain injury has meant she has no recollection of the accident.

She was in a coma for eight weeks and has been in a rehabilitation unit at a hospital in Poole since being mown down.

While Becky cannot remember anything of the near fatal accident the events that followed are firmly imprinted on her husband Dan's memory.

A production manager for the Royal National Lifeboat Institute he was called at work by Becky's father Alan.

Dan said: 'Becky's dad called and said she had been in an accident and said she was very poorly. He said to prepare for the worst as there might not be a good outcome.

'When I got to the hospital there were two police officers and one of them went off to take a phone call.

'I thought he was getting a call to say that Becky had died. The other policeman was trying to distract me, and I was trying to hear what was being said and then I heard the words 'intensive care'.

Dan, 40, said it was a shattering experience seeing his wife with such critical injuries.

He vividly remembers seeing feathers still stuck in her hair from where her down jacket had ripped open and was also struck how her arms and legs were covered in scratches but her face was untouched.

Doctors told him his youngest daughter had escaped injury and was being discharged from hospital. He then faced every parent's nightmare where he had to prepare the girls for their mother's death.

'I had to say to them mummy might not be coming home' said Dan.

'I do remember them asking 'Is mummy going to die' and I had to say I don't know. Of course, there were lots of tears.' While Dan was helped with childcare by his family, Becky remained in a coma for eight weeks.

Surgeons had to drill into her skull to relieve the pressure on her skull caused by her brain swelling.

Doctors were not optimistic that Becky would pull through, but after the dosage of sedatives was slowly reduced her eyes flickered and she came out of the coma.

Since then, she has been undergoing intensive rehabilitation at a neuro unit in Poole Hospital where she has speech therapy and learned to walk again with physiotherapy.

While she has regained her speech and her memory is improving the extent of her brain injury means she gets tired very easily.

Both Becky and her husband acknowledge her recovery could take years – but she is determined to regain as much of her former life as possible.

She hopes to return to work as a charity fundraiser and is looking forward to returning home in the New Year after another spell in a rehabilitation unit in Boscombe.

'I would like to do simple things like food shopping and just be with my girls' she said.

'I want to be able to help Dan out and just be a family again.'

While in hospital she has been buoyed by visits from her daughters. One wall of her room is plastered with paintings and drawings.

One from Matilda reads: 'You are doing good every day. I love you so much'.

Photos of the three girls cuddling their mum also take pride of place on the wall while a calendar has all three in Halloween costumes.

Being separated from the girls for so long has been particularly hard for Becky.

She says she has missed Lorena's first birthday and her first teeth coming through.

'She is walking now, and I have seen her walking which nice,' she said proudly.

'Living away from my family has been the hardest part. It has been hard. The oldest girls are aware of what has happened and that I am in hospital.

'My recovery is going well and it will be nice to be able to go home.'

Becky said she does not dwell on the accident but wants others to take note that the driver was drunk when he ploughed into her.

With the festive season coming up she wants to make people aware that they should not drink and drive.

'It is just not worth it. Look what has happened to me. I would not want anyone to go through what I have been through.

'Please don't be temped to drink and drive.'

Becky is hopeful that she will be able to watch her husband running in the London Marathon next year with his close friend Ross MacLeod where they will be raising funds for the Brain Research Trust.

Dan said:' I am looking forward to it and just being able to take back some control and be productive to raise money for a great charity that funds a lot of research.'

'I'm hoping to cheer him on, that would be good, said Becky.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12679703/quick-thinking-mother-life-changing-injuries-drunk-driver-jailed-interview.html

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<kq1s77FteldU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32092&group=uk.rec.cycling#32092

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a
speeding car
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 14:28:07 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 13:28 UTC

On 27/10/2023 02:26 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
> [...]
>
> Becky said she does not dwell on the accident but wants others to take note that the driver was drunk when he ploughed into her.
>
> With the festive season coming up she wants to make people aware that they should not drink and drive.
>
> 'It is just not worth it. Look what has happened to me. I would not want anyone to go through what I have been through.
>
> 'Please don't be temped to drink and drive.'
>
> Becky is hopeful that she will be able to watch her husband running in the London Marathon next year with his close friend Ross MacLeod where they will be raising funds for the Brain Research Trust.
>
> Dan said:' I am looking forward to it and just being able to take back some control and be productive to raise money for a great charity that funds a lot of research.'
>
> 'I'm hoping to cheer him on, that would be good, said Becky.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<04cb6294-c56b-45cb-ac7b-5ed16353dc00n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32097&group=uk.rec.cycling#32097

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 06:31:21 -0700 (PDT)
speeding car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 13:31 UTC

QUOTE: Becky was left with serious brain injuries and multiple fractures after being thrown 'like a rag doll' through the air. ENDS

Of course the driver scarpered PDQ - the piece of scum.

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<kq1sdjFtgetU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32098&group=uk.rec.cycling#32098

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down
by a speeding car
Date: 27 Oct 2023 13:31:31 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 13:31 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 27/10/2023 02:26 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12679703/quick-thinking-mother-life-changing-injuries-drunk-driver-jailed-interview.html
>
> Scarpering after mowing down a pedestrian?
>
> TCCB, innit?

With Mason quoting the Daily Mail, when it suits his agenda to do so, one
wonders what will be next from him. Joining the gammon swivels in
supporting Brexit?

--
Spike

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<kq1selFtgnrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32099&group=uk.rec.cycling#32099

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
by a speeding car
Date: 27 Oct 2023 13:32:06 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 13:32 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: Becky was left with serious brain injuries and multiple fractures
> after being thrown 'like a rag doll' through the air. ENDS
>
> Of course the driver scarpered PDQ - the piece of scum.

TCCB.

--
Spike

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<9b37bc6c-2ae3-4f3f-bf6d-c45aa4a50c30n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32101&group=uk.rec.cycling#32101

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 06:34:49 -0700 (PDT)
speeding car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 13:34 UTC

CameronClay, Kent , United Kingdom, 41 minutes ago

Just goes to show how broken the justice system is,would be more appropriate to call it the Injustice system... Not only was he driving under the influence, for all intents and purposes he left her for dead. That alone should warrant a minimum 15 years alongside a consecutive sentence for the drink driving, followed by a 10 year minimum driving ban.

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<kq23jjFsceU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32134&group=uk.rec.cycling#32134

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
by a speeding car
Date: 27 Oct 2023 15:34:11 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 15:34 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> CameronClay, Kent , United Kingdom, 41 minutes ago
>
> Just goes to show how broken the justice system is,would be more
> appropriate to call it the Injustice system... Not only was he driving
> under the influence, for all intents and purposes he left her for dead.
> That alone should warrant a minimum 15 years alongside a consecutive
> sentence for the drink driving, followed by a 10 year minimum driving ban.

Why?

--
Spike

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<2b5eb307-c95c-4d88-8236-a052cb1f5410n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32156&group=uk.rec.cycling#32156

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 10:29:59 -0700 (PDT)
speeding car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 17:29 UTC

QUOTE: Becky Sharp was saluted for her courage and quick-thinking this week as a judge jailed the maniac drunk driver who left her for dead and would have hit her baby too if she hadn't acted so decisively. ENDS

The driver was described as a "maniac" in a newspaper - an excellent written piece.

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<kq2q4dF6jigU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32173&group=uk.rec.cycling#32173

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
by a speeding car
Date: 27 Oct 2023 21:58:37 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 21:58 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: Becky Sharp was saluted for her courage and quick-thinking this
> week as a judge jailed the maniac drunk driver who left her for dead and
> would have hit her baby too if she hadn't acted so decisively. ENDS
>
> The driver was described as a "maniac" in a newspaper - an excellent written piece.

This newspaper?

<https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12679703/quick-thinking-mother-life-changing-injuries-drunk-driver-jailed-interview.html>

QUOTE
Becky Sharp was saluted for her courage and quick-thinking this week as a
judge jailed the maniac drunk driver who left her for dead and would have
hit her baby too if she hadn't acted so decisively.
ENDQUOTE

Oh! It’s exactly the same as your quote!

--
Spike

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<0f6555ca-e1fc-475b-b375-31c4aa21da23n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32183&group=uk.rec.cycling#32183

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 22:23:38 -0700 (PDT)
speeding car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 05:23 UTC

Kykotsmovi, London, about 15 hours ago

Why do we have so many dangerous drivers just now in the UK ? Racing is ILLEGAL on UK roads and always has been. The typical 2 mile journey from a city centre to home takes about 15 minutes whether you drive legally at 20 mph or race around at 30 or more. So why do we have these dangerous drivers ? Do we need to give all of them very long gaol sentences and permanent driving bans?

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<kq3tf7Fcv14U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32185&group=uk.rec.cycling#32185

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
by a speeding car
Date: 28 Oct 2023 08:01:43 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 08:01 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kykotsmovi, London, about 15 hours ago
>
> Why do we have so many dangerous drivers just now in the UK ? Racing is
> ILLEGAL on UK roads and always has been. The typical 2 mile journey from
> a city centre to home takes about 15 minutes whether you drive legally at
> 20 mph or race around at 30 or more. So why do we have these dangerous
> drivers ? Do we need to give all of them very long gaol sentences and
> permanent driving bans?

They aren’t racing! That’s a perfectly acceptable Time Trial!

--
Spike

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<0772df4a-5621-49b8-866f-fa816a4153d2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32190&group=uk.rec.cycling#32190

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 03:55:40 -0700 (PDT)
speeding car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 10:55 UTC

Flighty flamingo, Ludlow, United Kingdom, 21 hours ago

This courageous woman who sustained life changing injuries has been severely let down by the justice system in this country. She will be affected by these injuries for the rest of her life and the perpetrator's sentence should reflect this. Giving him a sentence of only 3.5 years is a gross insult; he should have received a sentence of at least 10 years and been banned from driving for life.

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<kq49e9FfcuqU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32193&group=uk.rec.cycling#32193

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
speeding car
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 12:26:01 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 11:26 UTC

On 28/10/2023 06:23 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> Kykotsmovi, London, about 15 hours ago
>
> Why do we have so many dangerous drivers just now in the UK ? Racing is ILLEGAL on UK roads and always has been.

That doesn't seem to stop chavs on bikes from racing, though, does it?

> The typical 2 mile journey from a city centre to home takes about 15 minutes whether you drive legally at 20 mph or race around at 30 or more. So why do we have these dangerous drivers ? Do we need to give all of them very long gaol sentences and permanent driving bans?

"race around at 30"?

Is that what you meant to write or quote?

Do you think it even makes sense?

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<kq49giFfcuqU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32194&group=uk.rec.cycling#32194

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
speeding car
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 12:27:14 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 11:27 UTC

On 28/10/2023 11:55 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> Flighty flamingo, Ludlow, United Kingdom, 21 hours ago
>
> This courageous woman who sustained life changing injuries has been severely let down by the justice system in this country. She will be affected by these injuries for the rest of her life and the perpetrator's sentence should reflect this. Giving him a sentence of only 3.5 years is a gross insult; he should have received a sentence of at least 10 years and been banned from driving for life.

Had he been sent to prison for longer, how would that have been of any
benefit to the lady concerned?

Take your time...

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<f7979c61-ca8f-4d39-8c86-12402dad7ffen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32202&group=uk.rec.cycling#32202

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 06:11:31 -0700 (PDT)
speeding car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 13:11 UTC

Pete, Pontefract, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago

Three and a half years is a disgrace. She has life changing injuries, he should have got 20 years minimum.

And a lifetime ban.

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<kq6lceFl5tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32244&group=uk.rec.cycling#32244

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
by a speeding car
Date: 29 Oct 2023 09:02:06 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 09:02 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> Pete, Pontefract, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
>
> Three and a half years is a disgrace. She has life changing injuries, he
> should have got 20 years minimum.
>
> And a lifetime ban.

Keep in mind that people are sentenced because of the crime they committed
rather than the effects of it.

--
Spike

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<23efda20-c499-4045-9861-0571349ccb3fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32246&group=uk.rec.cycling#32246

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 03:49:55 -0700 (PDT)
speeding car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 10:49 UTC

Angieblake64, Liversedge, United Kingdom, 2 days ago

Three and a half years for these life altering injuries. Disgusting he will be out in 18 months to continue his life, whilst this poor woman has to live with the consequences of his behaviour for the rest of her life. No justice at all. X

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<kq78j4F5c5jU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32255&group=uk.rec.cycling#32255

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
by a speeding car
Date: 29 Oct 2023 14:29:57 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 14:29 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> Angieblake64, Liversedge, United Kingdom, 2 days ago

> Three and a half years for these life altering injuries. Disgusting he
> will be out in 18 months to continue his life, whilst this poor woman has
> to live with the consequences of his behaviour for the rest of her life.
> No justice at all. X

What would you see as forming ‘justice’?

Punishment for the consequences of a crime? Punishment for the crime?
Punishment instead of rehabilitation?

A cyclist turned into the path of a motorcyclist, who was killed, and was
subsequently fined £1000. Do you think that was ‘justice’?

--
Spike

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<b84dcb7f-bed5-4e5e-8c2e-a88fd4481d81n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32268&group=uk.rec.cycling#32268

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 09:34:59 -0700 (PDT)
speeding car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 16:34 UTC

pullover-fitzbadly, Bodmin, United Kingdom, 2 days ago

The sentence is paltry compared with the time Becky will need to recover, if, indeed, she does. 10 years without parole would be more fitting and lifetime driving ban. In theory, he will never get insurance when he does try to get back driving, but judging from his actions, that will never stop him.

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<kq85ifFbnloU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32297&group=uk.rec.cycling#32297

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
by a speeding car
Date: 29 Oct 2023 22:44:31 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 22:44 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> pullover-fitzbadly, Bodmin, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
>
> The sentence is paltry compared with the time Becky will need to recover,
> if, indeed, she does. 10 years without parole would be more fitting and
> lifetime driving ban. In theory, he will never get insurance when he does
> try to get back driving, but judging from his actions, that will never stop him.

Killing while cycling is a much cheaper alternative, usually a paltry fine.

--
Spike

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<7cab7ec0-110d-4580-9509-7d040cd01ec0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32302&group=uk.rec.cycling#32302

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 02:13:59 -0700 (PDT)
speeding car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 09:13 UTC

Snetta Vintage59er, Black Country, United Kingdom, 3 days ago

It's time hit and run drivers got a 25 year sentence for failing to stop.
=============================
NEARLY ALL OF THESE ONLINE COMMENTS AGREE WITH THE TOO SOFT SENTENCE.

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<kqa0gnFp3j0U7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32332&group=uk.rec.cycling#32332

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
by a speeding car
Date: 30 Oct 2023 15:30:31 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 15:30 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> Snetta Vintage59er, Black Country, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
>
> It's time hit and run drivers got a 25 year sentence for failing to stop.
> =============================
> NEARLY ALL OF THESE ONLINE COMMENTS AGREE WITH THE TOO SOFT SENTENCE.

ARGUMENTUM AD POPULEM

--
Spike

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<7b8a1e97-1f07-49b3-9343-0e43bfdefe3fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32342&group=uk.rec.cycling#32342

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 09:25:13 -0700 (PDT)
speeding car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:25 UTC

Pete, Pontefract, United Kingdom, 3 days ago

Three and a half years is a disgrace. She has life changing injuries, he should have got 20 years minimum.

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<kqaa52Fr70kU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32358&group=uk.rec.cycling#32358

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
by a speeding car
Date: 30 Oct 2023 18:14:58 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 18:14 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pete, Pontefract, United Kingdom, 3 days ago

> Three and a half years is a disgrace. She has life changing injuries, he
> should have got 20 years minimum.

Cyclists seem to have very little idea of how the law works, and don’t mind
demonstrating their ignorance of it. Which is no excuse, of course.

--
Spike

Re: I pushed my baby's pram to safety before I was mown down by a speeding car

<69f25ba4-625c-4b45-a5ac-6ff648012723n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32369&group=uk.rec.cycling#32369

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 11:28:36 -0700 (PDT)
speeding car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 18:28 UTC

Fleeglethebeagle, Dogs dinner bowl ., United Kingdom, 3 days ago

She needs to be highly compensated so she never has to worry of money again.