From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: US mobilises
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 15:44:07 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 15:44 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60234377

<quotes>

US President Joe Biden is to send extra troops to Europe this week

Some 2,000 troops will be sent from Fort Bragg, North Carolina, to Poland and Germany, and a further 1,000 already in Germany will go to Romania.

</quotes>

Because nothing says "we are not threatening you" more than moving troops closer towards one's chosen opponent.

Of course we are the good guys. When we do it it's okay. When they do it it's pure naked aggression, a sure sign of forthcoming invasion, inexcusable.

It's like watching two gangs square-off for the looming fight, wondering who will back off, whether either side wants to, will do, or even can do, when the other side won't.

Still, not half as bad as those countries on the periphery, like the UK, needling for a fight, just waiting for an excuse to join in to make things worse, criticising those who don't share their blood-lust.

Re: US mobilises

<FDAKJ.210194$lUW.47607@fx11.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3225&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#3225

Subject: Re: US mobilises
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 19:07:16 +0000
 by: TWP - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 19:07 UTC

On 02/02/2022 15:44, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60234377
>
> <quotes>
>
> US President Joe Biden is to send extra troops to Europe this week
>
> Some 2,000 troops will be sent from Fort Bragg, North Carolina, to Poland and Germany, and a further 1,000 already in Germany will go to Romania.
>
> </quotes>
>
> Because nothing says "we are not threatening you" more than moving troops closer towards one's chosen opponent.
>
> Of course we are the good guys. When we do it it's okay. When they do it it's pure naked aggression, a sure sign of forthcoming invasion, inexcusable.

As far as I know the Russians already did move troops to the border - or
pretty close.

https://archive.ph/B5zEa

New satellite images show buildup of Russian military around Ukraine

"Zaporozhzia, Ukraine (CNN) — More evidence has emerged of a steady
build-up of Russian military equipment and deployments around Ukraine,
with new satellite images revealing a further expansion of the military
presence at multiple locations in Belarus, Crimea and western Russia.
Russian forces have moved into Belarus in the last two weeks. The
Russian and Belarus defense ministries say the deployments are ahead of
a major training exercise this month.
The imagery was collected and analyzed by Maxar. In an accompanying
note, Maxar said the deployments "reflect an increased level of activity
and readiness."

Maxar and other satellite imagery providers said they have noticed the
expansion of existing Russian military training grounds and garrisons
within some 150 miles of the Ukrainian border over the last few months."

> It's like watching two gangs square-off for the looming fight, wondering who will back off, whether either side wants to, will do, or even can do, when the other side won't.
>
> Still, not half as bad as those countries on the periphery, like the UK, needling for a fight, just waiting for an excuse to join in to make things worse, criticising those who don't share their blood-lust.

You'll never get into Valhalla with that attitude HH.

Re: US mobilises

<20220202191425.0000578e@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3226&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#3226

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 19:14:25 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 19:14 UTC

On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 19:07:16 +0000
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 02/02/2022 15:44, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60234377
> >
> > <quotes>
> >
> > US President Joe Biden is to send extra troops to Europe this week
> >
> > Some 2,000 troops will be sent from Fort Bragg, North Carolina, to
> > Poland and Germany, and a further 1,000 already in Germany will go
> > to Romania.
> >
> > </quotes>
> >
> > Because nothing says "we are not threatening you" more than moving
> > troops closer towards one's chosen opponent.
> >
> > Of course we are the good guys. When we do it it's okay. When they
> > do it it's pure naked aggression, a sure sign of forthcoming
> > invasion, inexcusable.
>
> As far as I know the Russians already did move troops to the border -
> or pretty close.
>
> https://archive.ph/B5zEa

Indeed. Do you have similar satellite images which shows NATO moving their troops closer to the border before Russia did the same ?

Or are we going to simply blame Russia and keep pretending NATO and the west have have played no part in the escalation ?

Re: US mobilises

<BKGKJ.1102$9%C9.630@fx21.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3229&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#3229

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 21:04:17 -0500
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 02:04 UTC

TWP wrote:
> On 02/02/2022 15:44, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60234377
>>
>> <quotes>
>>
>> US President Joe Biden is to send extra troops to Europe this week
>>
>> Some 2,000 troops will be sent from Fort Bragg, North Carolina, to
>> Poland and Germany, and a further 1,000 already in Germany will go to
>> Romania.
>>
>> </quotes>
>>
>> Because nothing says "we are not threatening you" more than moving
>> troops closer towards one's chosen opponent.
>>
>> Of course we are the good guys. When we do it it's okay. When they do
>> it it's pure naked aggression, a sure sign of forthcoming invasion,
>> inexcusable.
>
> As far as I know the Russians already did move troops to the border - or
> pretty close.
>
> https://archive.ph/B5zEa

From the bumbling dolts who gave us the skedaddle from Afghanistan, its
difficult to imagine them getting anything right, certainly against a
player like Putin
who is operating in his own back yard while many are asking what US
interest in Ukraine actually are [near as I can tell, its about
prestige, show of resolve and propping up NATO and not any legit US
national security issues]
Another nagging wildcard is who is actually calling the shots, if it is
really the senile puppet we are all in trouble, if its not then who is ?

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: US mobilises