Many people resent being treated like the person they really are.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclists life-changing injuries, handed community order

SubjectAuthor
* Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSimon Mason
+- Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsJNugent
+* Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSimon Mason
|+- Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsJNugent
|+* Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSimon Mason
||`- Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSpike
|+* Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSimon Mason
||+- Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsJNugent
||+- Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSpike
||`- Penrith drink-driver fined and bannedSimon Mason
|+* Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSimon Mason
||`- Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsJNugent
|+* Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSimon Mason
||`- Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSpike
|`- Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSimon Mason
+* Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSimon Mason
|+- Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsJNugent
|`* Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSimon Mason
| `* Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSpike
|  `* Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsJNugent
|   `- Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSpike
+* Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSimon Mason
|`- Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSimon Mason
+* Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSimon Mason
|`- Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsJNugent
+- Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSimon Mason
`* Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSpike
 `* Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsJNugent
  `- Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclistsSpike

Pages:12
Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclists life-changing injuries, handed community order

<kqb3jhF1q92U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32388&group=uk.rec.cycling#32388

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclists
life-changing injuries, handed community order
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 01:29:21 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 01:29 UTC

On 30/10/2023 06:26 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> From that report, this is the driver's view. The driver would have had a clear view of the cyclists approaching from the left. Ban should be longer and she should be required to sit an extended driving test, if she should be let behind the wheel again.

Did you pass that advice on to your brother judge(s), M'Lud?

What did they say?

> Not sure if that 40mph sign was there at the time, but it ironically states this is a walking & cycling friendly road. That really ought to apply to any road that's not a motorway.
>
> https://cdn.road.cc/sites/default/files/styles/main_width/public/Screenshot%202023-10-24%20at%2019.08.26.png

Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclists life-changing injuries, handed community order

<dfcc37be-b3ab-4f6b-9f4e-3766c73888c3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32397&group=uk.rec.cycling#32397

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 21:23:38 -0700 (PDT)
life-changing injuries, handed community order
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 04:23 UTC

QUOTE: Rat West replied to Hirsute | 4 days ago
2 likes Yes, a plastic hat would have protected them from spinal injuries, broken ribs and punctured lungs - what planet are West Midlands police on???? ENDS

Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclists life-changing injuries, handed community order

<kqc205F87r9U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32409&group=uk.rec.cycling#32409

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
life-changing injuries, handed community order
Date: 31 Oct 2023 10:08:05 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 10:08 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: Rat West replied to Hirsute | 4 days ago
> 2 likes Yes, a plastic hat would have protected them from spinal
> injuries, broken ribs and punctured lungs - what planet are West Midlands
> police on???? ENDS

That sounds like saying a covid jab should protect you against MRSA.

It’s apples and oranges again. Cyclists, eh?

--
Spike

Re: Driver who crashed into group ride, causing two cyclists life-changing injuries, handed community order

<885f3cae-1614-43c2-82d8-c738538fe3b2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32415&group=uk.rec.cycling#32415

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 04:11:53 -0700 (PDT)
life-changing injuries, handed community order
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 11:11 UTC

Glov Zaroff | 6 days ago
1 like

It's can be a nightmare cross roads. I use it multiple times a week. It's hit and miss (excuse the pun) for drivers adhereing to the give way, which is a shame, because it's part of the Carse of Gowrie / Sidlaw backroad network that is, IMO, one of the best places to ride in Scotland.