Q: Why did the tachyon cross the road? A: Because it was on the other side.

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.

SubjectAuthor
* RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Ian Jackson
+* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Robin
> [...]
|   `- Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.MB
+* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Mark Carver
|`* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.David Woolley
| +* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Brian Gregory
| |+* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Ian Jackson
| ||`- Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.pinnerite
| |`- Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Jim Lesurf
| `* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Mark Carver
|  `* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Jim Lesurf
|   `- Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Mark Carver
+* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.R. Mark Clayton
|+* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.MB
||+* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Mark Carver
|||+* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.MB
|||`- Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Jim Lesurf
||`- Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.R. Mark Clayton
|+* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Ian Jackson
||`- Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Robin
|`- Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Indy Jess John
`* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Andy Burns
 +* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Mark Carver
 |`- Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Jim Lesurf
 +* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.MB
 |+- Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Mark Carver
 |`- Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Andy Burns
 `* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Ian Jackson
  `* Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Wilf
   `- Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.Ian Jackson

Pages:1234
Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.

<t1231v$dgv$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32520&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#32520

From: wil...@postingx.uk (Wilf)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 13:56:15 +0000
 by: Wilf - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 13:56 UTC

On 18/03/2022 at 13:51, Ian Jackson wrote:
> In message <j9itg7FrajmU1@mid.individual.net>, Andy Burns
> <usenet@andyburns.uk> writes
>> Ian Jackson wrote:
>>
>>> RT went 'No Service' at 3:40pm, during a torrential compilation of
>>> anti-West propaganda. In a way it's a pity, as it's extremely useful
>>> to know how and what Russia was thinking but, unfortunately, quite a
>>> lot of people really were believing them.
>>
>> The horses are well and truly over the horizon, so OFCOM gently leans
>> on the stable door.
>>
>> <https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre/2022/ofcom-revokes-rt-broadcast-licence>
>
> Fortunately (or otherwise) it's still on the internet. The level of lies
> and misinformation has now risen to a crescendo, leaving little time for
> those snippets of truth that are designed to convince the gullible that
> RT isn't 'totally bad'. Presumably this is the sort of stuff that
> Russian citizens are being fed, but it beats me how those producing it
> can in any way think that non-Russians will believe it.

When you've been brainwashed, thinking doesn't come into it.

--
Wilf

Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.

<BiUYyQNvLKNiFwYh@brattleho.plus.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32526&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#32526

From: ianREMOV...@g3ohx.co.uk (Ian Jackson)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 15:19:11 +0000
 by: Ian Jackson - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 15:19 UTC

In message <t1231v$dgv$1@dont-email.me>, Wilf <wilf@postingx.uk> writes
>On 18/03/2022 at 13:51, Ian Jackson wrote:
>> In message <j9itg7FrajmU1@mid.individual.net>, Andy Burns
>> <usenet@andyburns.uk> writes

>>> The horses are well and truly over the horizon, so OFCOM gently leans
>>> on the stable door.
>>>

>>><https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre/2022/ofcom-revokes-rt-broadcast-
>>>licence>
>> Fortunately (or otherwise) it's still on the internet. The level of
>>lies
>> and misinformation has now risen to a crescendo, leaving little time for
>> those snippets of truth that are designed to convince the gullible that
>> RT isn't 'totally bad'. Presumably this is the sort of stuff that
>> Russian citizens are being fed, but it beats me how those producing it
>> can in any way think that non-Russians will believe it.
>
>When you've been brainwashed, thinking doesn't come into it.

Well, RT certainly not very happy about being banned. They are
discussing it at this very moment. Still, it IS news, and not the
endless string of stock footage about how the USSR won the war against
Japan, and the atrocities that Ukraine committed against the separatists
rebels in the east.
--
Ian

Re: RT finally taken off, during z torrent of anti-West propaganda.

<59cb0daef7noise@audiomisc.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32547&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#32547

From: noi...@audiomisc.co.uk (Jim Lesurf)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 10:20:09 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Jim Lesurf - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 10:20 UTC

In article <j9iurjFrjbuU1@mid.individual.net>, Mark Carver
<mark.carver@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> It's hard to tell who is the world's most useless organisation, Ofcom or
> the UN. It's a close call I think.

They each function 'well' in terms of the real reasons they have been set
up.

OfCom's main task is to make maximising Government Revenue from approving
the 'sale' of use of radio spectrum. Thus any old codswallop will do if the
broadcaster will pay enough for the airtime.

The UN exists mainly as a talking shop for Governments with the 'big ones'
largely controlling it so it doesn't stop them doing what they'd do anyway.
The offshoot organisations do some good, but in a controlled way.

Jim

Electronics https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm