Whom the gods would destroy, they first teach BASIC.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?

SubjectAuthor
* Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?Ozix
`* Re: Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?Keithr0
 +- Re: Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?Ozix
 `* Re: Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?Noddy
  +- Re: Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?Xeno
  +- Re: Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?alvey
  `- Re: Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?Daryl

1
Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?

<65d0793f$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32624&group=aus.cars#32624

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: ozi...@xizo.am (Ozix)
Subject: Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 17:15:42 +0800
 by: Ozix - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 09:15 UTC

On FBMP, I saw a bargain listed only an hour earlier, it was $5k less
than the next cheapest of the same model. In photos, it looks to be
pristine condition, so I sent a message. Next day they reply telling me
to contact Sedo Transport with details of the car I want. Then I noticed
the same person on Facebook had 17 vehicles for sale for cheap prices.
What scam is this?

Re: Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?

<l3crqlF7gsuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32627&group=aus.cars#32627

From: nothing....@here.com.au (Keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 08:55:18 +1000
 by: Keithr0 - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 22:55 UTC

On 17/02/2024 7:15 pm, Ozix wrote:
> On FBMP, I saw a bargain listed only an hour earlier, it was $5k less
> than the next cheapest of the same model. In photos, it looks to be
> pristine condition, so I sent a message. Next day they reply telling me
> to contact Sedo Transport with details of the car I want. Then I noticed
> the same person on Facebook had 17 vehicles for sale for cheap prices.
> What scam is this?

In my experience anything advertised cheap on FB is a scam.

Re: Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?

<65d16363$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32629&group=aus.cars#32629

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: ozi...@xizo.am (Ozix)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 09:54:43 +0800
 by: Ozix - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 01:54 UTC

Keithr0 wrote:
> On 17/02/2024 7:15 pm, Ozix wrote:
>> On FBMP, I saw a bargain listed only an hour earlier, it was $5k less
>> than the next cheapest of the same model. In photos, it looks to be
>> pristine condition, so I sent a message. Next day they reply telling
>> me to contact Sedo Transport with details of the car I want. Then I
>> noticed the same person on Facebook had 17 vehicles for sale for cheap
>> prices.
>> What scam is this?
>
> In my experience anything advertised cheap on FB is a scam.

Looks like it. They tell me the car is in their Mount Isa yard. If I
were in Tennant Creek, I could probably drive there and back in a day to
inspect it. So I guess they are hoping someone is gullible enough to buy
it sight unseen.

Re: Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?

<uqs27g$stov$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32630&group=aus.cars#32630

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 15:48:46 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 04:48 UTC

On 18/02/2024 9:55 am, Keithr0 wrote:
> On 17/02/2024 7:15 pm, Ozix wrote:
>> On FBMP, I saw a bargain listed only an hour earlier, it was $5k less
>> than the next cheapest of the same model. In photos, it looks to be
>> pristine condition, so I sent a message. Next day they reply telling
>> me to contact Sedo Transport with details of the car I want. Then I
>> noticed the same person on Facebook had 17 vehicles for sale for cheap
>> prices.
>> What scam is this?
>
> In my experience anything advertised cheap on FB is a scam.

You might want to broaden your experience a bit :)

I've had some very good deals on Market place with stuff advertised
cheaply, just like I have on Ebay, Gumtree or anywhere else. There are
some genuine people out there who just want stuff gone quickly and will
advertise stuff at a cheap price just to get rid of it, and then there
are the shonks looking to stooge people.

The key is in being able to tell the difference. The golden rule is
"Caveat Emptor", and it applies equally to any venue. Don't send money
to people you don't know unless you're using a payment method that
guarantees a refund if the deal goes South.

It's not hard. The problem is that there are some incredibly stupid
people out there....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?

<l3ec3kFfp3gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32635&group=aus.cars#32635

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: 18 Feb 2024 12:39:17 GMT
 by: Xeno - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 12:39 UTC

Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
> On 18/02/2024 9:55 am, Keithr0 wrote:
>> On 17/02/2024 7:15 pm, Ozix wrote:
>>> On FBMP, I saw a bargain listed only an hour earlier, it was $5k less
>>> than the next cheapest of the same model. In photos, it looks to be
>>> pristine condition, so I sent a message. Next day they reply telling
>>> me to contact Sedo Transport with details of the car I want. Then I
>>> noticed the same person on Facebook had 17 vehicles for sale for cheap
>>> prices.
>>> What scam is this?
>>
>> In my experience anything advertised cheap on FB is a scam.
>
> You might want to broaden your experience a bit :)
>
> I've had some very good deals on Market place with stuff advertised
> cheaply, just like I have on Ebay, Gumtree or anywhere else. There are
> some genuine people out there who just want stuff gone quickly and will
> advertise stuff at a cheap price just to get rid of it, and then there
> are the shonks looking to stooge people.
>
> The key is in being able to tell the difference. The golden rule is
> "Caveat Emptor", and it applies equally to any venue. Don't send money
> to people you don't know unless you're using a payment method that
> guarantees a refund if the deal goes South.
>
> It's not hard. The problem is that there are some incredibly stupid
> people out there....

Yeah, all the people who have ever believed all your grandiose bullshit
claims of business ownership, trade qualifications, et al.

____
Xeno

Re: Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?

<uqu42v$1ggl7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32642&group=aus.cars#32642

From: Hans.And...@gmail.com (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 09:32:46 +1000
 by: alvey - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 23:32 UTC

Noddy wrote:

snip usual lecturing, self-glorifying lack of pies.

> It's not hard. The problem is that there are some incredibly stupid
> people out there....

That's nice. Fraudster giving a shout out to the rest of the FLC.

alvey

Re: Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?

<l3g32aFog3rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32646&group=aus.cars#32646

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 15:17:14 +1100
 by: Daryl - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 04:17 UTC

On 18/2/2024 3:48 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 18/02/2024 9:55 am, Keithr0 wrote:
>> On 17/02/2024 7:15 pm, Ozix wrote:
>>> On FBMP, I saw a bargain listed only an hour earlier, it was $5k less
>>> than the next cheapest of the same model. In photos, it looks to be
>>> pristine condition, so I sent a message. Next day they reply telling
>>> me to contact Sedo Transport with details of the car I want. Then I
>>> noticed the same person on Facebook had 17 vehicles for sale for
>>> cheap prices.
>>> What scam is this?
>>
>> In my experience anything advertised cheap on FB is a scam.
>
> You might want to broaden your experience a bit :)
>
> I've had some very good deals on Market place with stuff advertised
> cheaply, just like I have on Ebay, Gumtree or anywhere else. There are
> some genuine people out there who just want stuff gone quickly and will
> advertise stuff at a cheap price just to get rid of it, and then there
> are the shonks looking to stooge people.
>
> The key is in being able to tell the difference. The golden rule is
> "Caveat Emptor", and it applies equally to any venue. Don't send money
> to people you don't know unless you're using a payment method that
> guarantees a refund if the deal goes South.
>
> It's not hard. The problem is that there are some incredibly stupid
> people out there....

I just bought, as in received today a pair of camshafts for a Honda
B20A6 engine out of a 1989 Honda Prelude on marketplace from a bloke in
ACT, they are like hens teeth to find so I paid $150.00 plus $25.00
postage and they are in great condition so happy with the deal.
I can get new cams from Japan but at almost $500 each that was never
going to happen.
I'm rebuilding the engine for my son who is restoring the car, don't
know how but when he was dismantling the engine the exhaust cam was
damaged as in snapped in half and finding cams hasn't been easy but very
happy with the ones I found on FB marketplace.

--
Daryl