Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 06:36:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Family tribute to cyclist who died on the East Lancs today
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 13:36 UTC

THE family of the cyclist who died today on the East Lancs have paid tribute to him.

Dylan Kearns, 25, from Kirkby, was on a pedal bike when he was involved in a collision at around 7am today, Friday, November 3, with a white Volkswagen Sirocco car at the junction of Moorgate Road and East Lancashire Road, Knowsley.

Dylan was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.

In a short tribute, his family said: “Dylan Kearns was tragically taken away from all his loving family and partner, Jamie, this mornin
"He was a well-known lad and liked by everyone and he had a contagious smile that was so warm. He was so loved and will be missed by everyone.”

A 45-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, driving a vehicle whilst unfit through drugs and driving a vehicle with a proportion of a specified controlled drug above the limit.

He is currently in police custody.

Police are appealing for witnesses, and for any CCTV and dash camera footage which may have captured the incident, to get in touch to assist the investigation.

Detective Sergeant Kurt Timpson, from Merseyside Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “Our sincere thoughts are with Dylan’s family at this tragic time. They are being supported by specially trained officers.

“Although we have made an arrest, we are still appealing for information to help our ongoing investigation.

“If you witnessed the incident, or have CCTV or dashcam footage, please contact us if you have not already done so.

"I urge drivers who were in the area to please check dashcam footage to see if it has captured anything that will help with the investigation as every piece of information is vitally important to our investigation to establish what happened.”

Anyone who witnessed the collision or captured anything on CCTV or dashcam is asked to contact SCIU on (0151) 777 5747, or email SCIU@merseyside.police.uk with log 23001090743.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/23901047.family-tribute-cyclist-died-east-lancs-today/