From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: The brexit race to the bottom continues
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 18:03:03 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 18:03 UTC

https://road.cc/content/news/uk-may-use-brexit-freedoms-ditch-car-safety-measures-290145

<quotes>

Britain may use Brexit "freedoms" to ditch planned EU car safety regulations designed to better protect pedestrians and cyclists, the government has said.

While the UK was part of plans to draw up General Safety Regulations, aiming for higher safety standards for cars and lorries, ministers have now hinted they could "capitalise on our regulatory freedoms" to backtrack on implementing the measures.

Requirements for cars and vans to have advanced emergency braking systems, more comprehensive crash tests, and design changes to prevent head injuries for cyclists and pedestrians are also part of the plans now in doubt.

</quotes>

Yay! Boosting profits by not protecting pedestrians and cyclists.

Sure, a few pedestrians and cyclists will die who would otherwise be saved but we have just got to get used to that. It's just like winter flu; so long as only a tens of thousands die no one cares.

I would call killing people to boost profits pure evil, but for the nasty party it's just good business sense.

The only question left is just how many they are we willing to kill to make the elite ever richer ?

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / The brexit race to the bottom continues