From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Covid fatality rates soar
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 19:02:38 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 19:02 UTC

With the last fudge of the covid figures now more than a week ago we get a better picture of where we actually stand -

Infected : 17,866,632 (+550,739)
Admitted : 703,690 (+11,251)
Deaths : 158,363 (+2,609), 372 per day

And that reveals a current Case-Fatality Rate of 0.474%, which is the highest since Omicron hit.

That predicts the number killed because of covid to be just shy of a half million and it could easily go higher.

That's the price of relaxing restrictions, the cost of "living with covid".

Re: Covid fatality rates soar

<3FCMJ.821600$PVh1.668996@fx04.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3280&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#3280

Subject: Re: Covid fatality rates soar
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 23:03:26 +0000
 by: TWP - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 23:03 UTC

On 07/02/2022 19:02, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> With the last fudge of the covid figures now more than a week ago we get a better picture of where we actually stand -
>
> Infected : 17,866,632 (+550,739)
> Admitted : 703,690 (+11,251)
> Deaths : 158,363 (+2,609), 372 per day
>
> And that reveals a current Case-Fatality Rate of 0.474%, which is the highest since Omicron hit.
>
> That predicts the number killed because of covid to be just shy of a half million and it could easily go higher.
>
> That's the price of relaxing restrictions, the cost of "living with covid".

One plus is that the Novavax vaccine was just approved in the UK a
couple of days ago. This one is a 'protein subunit' vaccine, not a DNA
/ mRNA type so anyone that doesn't like the idea of those types of
vaccine might finally have an option other than not having a vaccine at all.

Re: Covid fatality rates soar

<20220209100447.00004052@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3284&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#3284

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 10:04:47 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 10:04 UTC

On Tue, 8 Feb 2022 23:03:26 +0000
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 07/02/2022 19:02, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> > With the last fudge of the covid figures now more than a week ago
> > we get a better picture of where we actually stand -
> >
> > Infected : 17,866,632 (+550,739)
> > Admitted : 703,690 (+11,251)
> > Deaths : 158,363 (+2,609), 372 per day
> >
> > And that reveals a current Case-Fatality Rate of 0.474%, which is
> > the highest since Omicron hit.
> >
> > That predicts the number killed because of covid to be just shy of
> > a half million and it could easily go higher.
> >
> > That's the price of relaxing restrictions, the cost of "living with
> > covid".
>
> One plus is that the Novavax vaccine was just approved in the UK a
> couple of days ago. This one is a 'protein subunit' vaccine, not a
> DNA / mRNA type so anyone that doesn't like the idea of those types
> of vaccine might finally have an option other than not having a
> vaccine at all.

Not sure why it took a year to approve but that is good news as Novavax appears to have a better efficacy than AstraZeneca, comparable to Pfizer. I don't know if efficacy wanes as quickly.

But will the Junta allow people to choose what vaccine they get or will it remain a case of what's offered or walk away, go without ?

It has also been approved only for first and second doses and I don't know if that gives any real protection against Omicron - neither AstraZeneca or Pfizer do.

Of course, I'd still prefer them to junk the "living with covid" plan as that would save lives and it wouldn't be so necessary to convince the vaccine hesitant to get vaccinated. The problem with "living with covid" is it requires everyone to be vaccinated to protect themselves and the Junta don't appear to have a plan for when that protection wears off.

Anti-vaxxers do have a germ of a point when they argue that, if it's ineffective after six months, it's not really worth having.

Other countries plan to have eradicated covid by then but the Junta have decided they are going to let it run free and mutate forever.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Covid fatality rates soar