The major difference between bonds and bond traders is that the bonds will eventually mature.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

SubjectAuthor
* Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crashSimon Mason
+- Re: CHAV-CYCLIST jailed for six years after Birmingham crashJNugent
+* Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crashSimon Mason
|+- Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crashSpike
|+- Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crashJNugent
|`* Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crashSimon Mason
| `* Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crashJNugent
|  `* Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crashSpike
|   `- Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crashJNugent
+* Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crashSimon Mason
|+* Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crashSpike
||`* Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crashJNugent
|| `* Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crashSpike
||  `- Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crashJNugent
|`- Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crashJNugent
+* Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crashSimon Mason
|`- Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crashSpike
+* Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crashSimon Mason
|`* Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crashSpike
| `- Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crashJNugent
+* Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crashSimon Mason
|`- Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crashJNugent
`- Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crashSimon Mason

1
Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<82e1de55-2ebf-445c-92ff-1a12fb020123n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32933&group=uk.rec.cycling#32933

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 13:06:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 21:06 UTC

A career criminal who ploughed a stolen vehicle into a car carrying a family-of-five after an 80mph pursuit has been jailed for six years.

Our Traffic officers spotted the stolen Ford EcoSport which was being driven by David Poulton near Dartmouth Circus.

Poulton, aged 41, sped away from officers, driving on the wrong side of the road and through red traffic lights.

He ended up on the wrong side of the Heartlands Parkway before hitting the VW T-Cross and injuring the three adults and two children inside.

The family had travelled to the West Midlands from the South to visit their in-laws for Eid, and were on their way to Star City.

A boy aged five suffered a bleed on the brain and is now undergoing rehabilitation to learn how to talk again.

His brother aged three suffered less serious injuries, while the three adults suffered injuries including a broken femur.

Poulton was arrested and taken to hospital to be treated for minor injuries after the crash, which happened just before 2pm on 30 April.

The car had been stolen in February from a Morrisons car park in Coventry, and Poulton was wanted for making threats and criminal damage at the time of the arrest.

Poulton, of no fixed address, admitted causing serious injury by dangerous driving, disqualified driving, failing to stop for police, driving without insurance, handling stolen goods and failing to provide a specimen of blood for analysis.

He also admitted possession of cannabis, and the offences he was wanted for at the time. He has more than 40 previous convictions.

[...]

On Friday, (10 November) at Birmingham Crown Court he was jailed for a total of six years, and banned from driving for 18 years.

Sgt Richard Adams, of Birmingham CID, said: “This was an appalling case of dangerous driving.

“He showed a complete disregard for other drivers, and once he decided to speed the wrong way down a busy road, a collision was inevitable.

“It was pure luck that he or other people weren’t killed.

“Thankfully the family involved are all making good recoveries.”

https://www.west-midlands.police.uk/news/driver-jailed-six-years-after-birmingham-crash

Re: CHAV-CYCLIST jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<kriiepFltscU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32938&group=uk.rec.cycling#32938

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: CHAV-CYCLIST jailed for six years after Birmingham crash
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 00:42:01 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 00:42 UTC

On 14/11/2023 09:06 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A career chav-cyclist who ploughed a stolen vehicle into a car carrying a family-of-five after an 80mph pursuit has been jailed for six years.
> Our Traffic officers spotted the stolen Ford EcoSport which was being driven by David Poulton near Dartmouth Circus.
> Poulton, aged 41, sped away from officers, driving on the wrong side of the road and through red traffic lights.
> He ended up on the wrong side of the Heartlands Parkway before hitting the VW T-Cross and injuring the three adults and two children inside.
> The family had travelled to the West Midlands from the South to visit their in-laws for Eid, and were on their way to Star City.
> A boy aged five suffered a bleed on the brain and is now undergoing rehabilitation to learn how to talk again.
> His brother aged three suffered less serious injuries, while the three adults suffered injuries including a broken femur.
> Poulton was arrested and taken to hospital to be treated for minor injuries after the crash, which happened just before 2pm on 30 April.
> The car had been stolen in February from a Morrisons car park in Coventry, and Poulton was wanted for making threats and criminal damage at the time of the arrest.
> Poulton, of no fixed address, admitted causing serious injury by dangerous driving, disqualified driving,

There you go.

He was nothing more than a mere chav-cyclist. It's all he was
(un)qualified or.

[ ... ]

Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<664c9c20-c02b-4bfb-acaa-b701f53e8e55n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32941&group=uk.rec.cycling#32941

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 23:12:21 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 07:12 UTC

QUOTE: Poulton, aged 41, sped away from officers, driving on the wrong side of the road and through red traffic lights.ENDS

We are always told that drivers never pass through lights at red, so this is a lie.

Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<krjg75Fsf8kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32944&group=uk.rec.cycling#32944

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 15 Nov 2023 09:09:57 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 09:09 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> QUOTE: Poulton, aged 41, sped away from officers, driving on the wrong
> side of the road and through red traffic lights.ENDS

> We are always told that drivers never pass through lights at red, so this is a lie.

He only drove through red lights because he’d seen cyclists get away with
it time and again.

See Road.cc’s videos on the issue…🙄

--
Spike

Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<krjn4mFu5d5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32947&group=uk.rec.cycling#32947

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 11:08:07 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 11:08 UTC

On 15/11/2023 07:12 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Poulton, aged 41, sped away from officers, driving on the wrong side of the road and through red traffic lights.ENDS
>
> We are always told that drivers never pass through lights at red, so this is a lie.

He was only an unqualified chav-cyclist (and therefore not a driver)
wasn't he?

Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<eea85fef-64d8-4ea3-822d-055dbc16a89fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32951&group=uk.rec.cycling#32951

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 03:43:30 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 11:43 UTC

QUOTE: He also admitted possession of cannabis, and the offences he was wanted for at the time. He has more than 40 previous convictions.

A career criminal who ploughed a stolen vehicle into a car carrying a family-of-five after an 80mph pursuit has been jailed for six years. ENDS

Not a very lucrative "career" is it, fella?

Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<krk3mfF2m6uU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32959&group=uk.rec.cycling#32959

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 15 Nov 2023 14:42:23 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 14:42 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: He also admitted possession of cannabis, and the offences he was
> wanted for at the time. He has more than 40 previous convictions.
>
> A career criminal who ploughed a stolen vehicle into a car carrying a
> family-of-five after an 80mph pursuit has been jailed for six years. ENDS
>
> Not a very lucrative "career" is it, fella?

‘Not a lucrative career’? Who mentioned money, then?

--
Spike

Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<krk8ciF3ltqU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32964&group=uk.rec.cycling#32964

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:02:27 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:02 UTC

On 15/11/2023 11:43 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: He also admitted possession of cannabis, and the offences he was wanted for at the time. He has more than 40 previous convictions.
>
> A career criminal who ploughed a stolen vehicle into a car carrying a family-of-five after an 80mph pursuit has been jailed for six years. ENDS
>
> Not a very lucrative "career" is it, fella?

Why do you keep referring to fully-unqualified chav-cyclists as
"drivers" when they haven't even got a licence?

Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<krk8flF3ltqU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32965&group=uk.rec.cycling#32965

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:04:06 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:04 UTC

On 15/11/2023 02:42 pm, Spike wrote:

> Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

>> QUOTE: He also admitted possession of cannabis, and the offences he was
>> wanted for at the time. He has more than 40 previous convictions.
>> A career criminal who ploughed a stolen vehicle into a car carrying a
>> family-of-five after an 80mph pursuit has been jailed for six years. ENDS
>> Not a very lucrative "career" is it, fella?
>
> ‘Not a lucrative career’? Who mentioned money, then?

Chav-cyclists are obsessed with lucre, particularly their own.

Remember all the "Chav-cyclists are Considerably Richer Than Yow" posts
from a few years back?

Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<5a6a00fb-7054-4997-817e-cfff451c7b4bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32970&group=uk.rec.cycling#32970

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 08:28:51 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:28 UTC

QUOTE: Poulton was arrested and taken to hospital to be treated for minor injuries after the crash, which happened just before 2pm on 30 April. ENDS

Saw plenty of scum drivers with injuries when I was in hospital for 4 months handcuffed to police officers.
One even got the last rites.

Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<krka1tF456eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32971&group=uk.rec.cycling#32971

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 15 Nov 2023 16:30:53 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:30 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 15/11/2023 02:42 pm, Spike wrote:
>
>> Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> QUOTE: He also admitted possession of cannabis, and the offences he was
>>> wanted for at the time. He has more than 40 previous convictions.
>>> A career criminal who ploughed a stolen vehicle into a car carrying a
>>> family-of-five after an 80mph pursuit has been jailed for six years. ENDS
>>> Not a very lucrative "career" is it, fella?

>> ‘Not a lucrative career’? Who mentioned money, then?

> Chav-cyclists are obsessed with lucre, particularly their own.

They are, aren’t they? “My £200 sunglasses are much better than your £150
ones!” etc.

> Remember all the "Chav-cyclists are Considerably Richer Than Yow" posts
> from a few years back?

I used to dip in to the group some years ago, but don’t specifically recall
those posts.

“Car-weapon” and “Bicycle-weapon” were terms I remember, though.

--
Spike

Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<krka5jF456gU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32974&group=uk.rec.cycling#32974

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:32:51 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:32 UTC

On 15/11/2023 04:28 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Poulton was arrested and taken to hospital to be treated for minor injuries after the crash, which happened just before 2pm on 30 April. ENDS
>
> Saw plenty of scum drivers with injuries when I was in hospital for 4 months handcuffed to police officers.

Why were you handcuffed to police officers for four months?

Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<krkadmF48heU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32976&group=uk.rec.cycling#32976

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:37:10 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:37 UTC

On 15/11/2023 04:30 pm, Spike wrote:

> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:

>>> ‘Not a lucrative career’? Who mentioned money, then?
>
>> Chav-cyclists are obsessed with lucre, particularly their own.
>
> They are, aren’t they? “My £200 sunglasses are much better than your £150
> ones!” etc.
>
>> Remember all the "Chav-cyclists are Considerably Richer Than Yow" posts
>> from a few years back?
>
> I used to dip in to the group some years ago, but don’t specifically recall
> those posts.
>
> “Car-weapon” and “Bicycle-weapon” were terms I remember, though.

"Car-weapon" was the coinage of Doug Bollen (of blessed memory; wherever
he now is, I hope he's happy).

"Bicycle-weapon" was probably Judith.

IIRC, Judith also pointed out that claims to the effect that chavs on
bikes were all insured against third party risks effectively meant that
they were relying upon their household contents policy or, more
amusingly, their fridge-freezer insurance.

Well, I say "they were relying" but what they were really doing was
making their victims rely upon it.

Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<krkc4vF4kd8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32984&group=uk.rec.cycling#32984

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 15 Nov 2023 17:06:39 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 17:06 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 15/11/2023 04:28 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

>> Saw plenty of scum drivers with injuries when I was in hospital for 4
>> months handcuffed to police officers.

> Why were you handcuffed to police officers for four months?

Something to do with the Fentanyl he keeps mentioning?

--
Spike

Re: Chav-cyclist jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<krkcqlF4rq7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32987&group=uk.rec.cycling#32987

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 17:18:13 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 17:18 UTC

On 15/11/2023 05:06 pm, Spike wrote:

> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 15/11/2023 04:28 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

>>> Saw plenty of scum drivers with injuries when I was in hospital for 4
>>> months handcuffed to police officers.

>> Why were you handcuffed to police officers for four months?
>
> Something to do with the Fentanyl he keeps mentioning?

:-)

Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<881e4887-df71-48ef-88f0-73f201361bf3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32992&group=uk.rec.cycling#32992

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 10:05:28 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 18:05 UTC

QUOTE: A career criminal who ploughed a stolen vehicle into a car carrying a family-of-five after an 80mph pursuit has been jailed for six years. ENDS

Pathetic - just ONE YEAR for each victim?

Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<krkqq5F7q4rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32999&group=uk.rec.cycling#32999

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 15 Nov 2023 21:16:53 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 21:16 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: A career criminal who ploughed a stolen vehicle into a car
> carrying a family-of-five after an 80mph pursuit has been jailed for six years. ENDS

> Pathetic - just ONE YEAR for each victim?

That’s not how the law works.

--
Spike

Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<b46fa71e-d277-45be-85c7-15e4f88c97den@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33001&group=uk.rec.cycling#33001

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 13:35:16 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 21:35 UTC

2 days ago

Perhaps one could be forgiven for suggesting that this piece of ****e should not have been given any hospital treatment and that it should not be released from prison until it has proven beyond any doubt that it will always be a decent member of society.

============================
Fully agree - utter scum.

Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<krktodF8aqcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33009&group=uk.rec.cycling#33009

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 15 Nov 2023 22:07:09 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 22:07 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2 days ago
>
> Perhaps one could be forgiven for suggesting that this piece of ****e
> should not have been given any hospital treatment and that it should not
> be released from prison until it has proven beyond any doubt that it will
> always be a decent member of society.

If the test of proving beyond any doubt that it would always be a decent
member of society was applied to cyclists, what proportion would fail?

--
Spike

Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<krl71nF9v7eU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33010&group=uk.rec.cycling#33010

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 00:45:44 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 00:45 UTC

On 15/11/2023 10:07 pm, Spike wrote:

> Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2 days ago
>>
>> Perhaps one could be forgiven for suggesting that this piece of ****e
>> should not have been given any hospital treatment and that it should not
>> be released from prison until it has proven beyond any doubt that it will
>> always be a decent member of society.
>
> If the test of proving beyond any doubt that it would always be a decent
> member of society was applied to cyclists, what proportion would fail?

Well, we all know of one example.

Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<6e3c903e-ab08-4c9d-ba4c-fa119b00ec31n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33018&group=uk.rec.cycling#33018

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 23:59:36 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 07:59 UTC

QUOTE: Our Traffic officers spotted the stolen Ford EcoSport which was being driven by David Poulton near Dartmouth Circus.ENDS

An "eco" car? - that will go down like a lead balloon with the knuckledraggers at the car meets.

Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<krmvbsFntikU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33051&group=uk.rec.cycling#33051

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 16:46:52 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 16:46 UTC

On 16/11/2023 07:59 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Our Traffic officers spotted the stolen Ford EcoSport which was being driven by David Poulton near Dartmouth Circus.ENDS
>
> An "eco" car? - that will go down like a lead balloon with the knuckledraggers at the car meets.

Almost all modern cars have an "Eco" setting available.

I rented an SUV for a few weeks in the USA last year - it definitely had
an Eco mode, which I used all the time and got about 43 mpg USA (= c. 53
mpg UK).

Of course, old bangers - pedestrian deathtraps without functioning
windscreen wipers, for instance - probably don't have such facilities.

Re: Driver jailed for six years after Birmingham crash

<ea3d1b47-74fd-4004-924f-b889ca7b4302n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33057&group=uk.rec.cycling#33057

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:08:52 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 18:08 UTC

QUOTE: Sgt Richard Adams, of Birmingham CID, said: “This was an appalling case of dangerous driving. “He showed a complete disregard for other drivers, and once he decided to speed the wrong way down a busy road, a collision was inevitable. ENDS

"Nobody was killed, can you put me down for "due care"?"