In 1962, you could buy a pair of SHARKSKIN SLACKS, with a "Continental Belt," for $10.99!!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months

SubjectAuthor
* Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passingSimon Mason
+- Re: Man (ie, a fully-qualified chav-cyclist) with over 40 roadJNugent
+* Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passingSimon Mason
|`- Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite neverSpike
+* Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passingSimon Mason
|+- Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite neverSpike
|`* Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passingSimon Mason
| `- Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passingJNugent
+* Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passingSimon Mason
|`- Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite neverSpike
`* Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passingSimon Mason
 +- Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite neverSpike
 `- Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passingSimon Mason

1
Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months

<fdbe39ae-c934-4830-93e6-15398ba3393bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32906&group=uk.rec.cycling#32906

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 08:27:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing
driving test, jailed for 16 months
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 16:27 UTC

A man who has amassed over 40 road traffic convictions despite never having passed a driving test, has been jailed for 16 months at Derry Crown Court.

Dylan Lockhart (27) from Beraghvale in the Skeoge Road area of the city pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, driving without insurance and driving while disqualified in the Glenabbey Close estate on March 13 of this year.

Prosecutor Michael McAleer told Judge Neil Rafferty KC that on that date several members of the public reported to the police that an Audi A4 was being driving dangerously in Glenabbey Close.

Some of those who reported the incident to the police were also able to name Lockhart as being the driver.

Members of a police mobile patrol responded to the reported sightings and they found the car parked outside a local Spar shop.

"The defendant then accused the officer in charge of the case of police harassment and told her that he would see her in court", the prosecutor said.

"Whilst awaiting the arrival of additional police resources the defendant informed the officer in charge that he had been driving the car and he directed her to seize it. Relevant checks confirmed the defendant had been disqualified for 18 months just 32 days before this offending. After his arrest the defendant implied he was a safe driver as he'd never crashed a car during a chase", Mr. McAleer said.

He said after the car was seized it was examined by an authorised officer who found defects in the exhaust, brakes, suspension, mirrors and number plates.

Jailing Lockhart for 16 months Judge Rafferty told him that his "allegation that he was being harassed by the police is laughable. Quite frankly I would expect the local police to stop him every time they see him".

As well as being jailed Lockhart was also disqualified from driving for three years.

"It was parked nose in convenient to the entrance door of the shop and the defendant was observed inside accompanied by a female. The police parked directly behind the vehicle to block it and to prevent it from being driven. It was clear to the police that the defendant was aware of their presence and he exited the shop accompanied by the female who had the car keys", the barrister said.

Both Lockhart and the woman as well as the Audi were searched under the Misuse Of Drugs Act as a result of which the woman is being prosecuted on a separate charge.

https://www.derrynow.com/news/home/1348159/man-with-over-40-road-traffic-convictions-despite-never-passing-driving-test-jailed-for-16-months.html

Re: Man (ie, a fully-qualified chav-cyclist) with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months

<krhq96Fh80kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32916&group=uk.rec.cycling#32916

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Man (ie, a fully-qualified chav-cyclist) with over 40 road
traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 17:49:26 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 17:49 UTC

On 14/11/2023 04:27 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A man who has amassed over 40 road traffic convictions despite never having passed a driving test (and therefore remaining nothing more than an unqualified chav-cyclist), has been jailed for 16 months at Derry Crown Court.
> Dylan Lockhart (27) from Beraghvale in the Skeoge Road area of the city pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, driving without insurance and driving while only a cyclist (ie, disqualified) in the Glenabbey Close estate on March 13 of this year.
> Prosecutor Michael McAleer told Judge Neil Rafferty KC that on that date several members of the public reported to the police that an Audi A4 was being driving dangerously in Glenabbey Close.
> Some of those who reported the incident to the police were also able to name Lockhart as being the driver.
> Members of a police mobile patrol responded to the reported sightings and they found the car parked outside a local Spar shop.
> "The defendant then accused the officer in charge of the case of police harassment and told her that he would see her in court", the prosecutor said.
> "Whilst awaiting the arrival of additional police resources the defendant informed the officer in charge that he had been driving the car and he directed her to seize it. Relevant checks confirmed the defendant had been disqualified for 18 months just 32 days before this offending. After his arrest the defendant implied he was a safe driver as he'd never crashed a car during a chase", Mr. McAleer said.
> He said after the car was seized it was examined by an authorised officer who found defects in the exhaust, brakes, suspension, mirrors and number plates.
> Jailing Lockhart for 16 months Judge Rafferty told him that his "allegation that he was being harassed by the police is laughable. Quite frankly I would expect the local police to stop him every time they see him".
> As well as being jailed Lockhart was also disqualified from driving for three years.
> "It was parked nose in convenient to the entrance door of the shop and the defendant was observed inside accompanied by a female. The police parked directly behind the vehicle to block it and to prevent it from being driven. It was clear to the police that the defendant was aware of their presence and he exited the shop accompanied by the female who had the car keys", the barrister said.
> Both Lockhart and the woman as well as the Audi were searched under the Misuse Of Drugs Act as a result of which the woman is being prosecuted on a separate charge.
>
> https://www.derrynow.com/news/home/1348159/man-with-over-40-road-traffic-convictions-despite-never-passing-driving-test-jailed-for-16-months.html

Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months

<237ab163-37f0-4bbf-a35d-3e06f96ac4can@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32921&group=uk.rec.cycling#32921

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 10:16:00 -0800 (PST)
driving test, jailed for 16 months
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 18:16 UTC

QUOTE: Prosecutor Michael McAleer told Judge Neil Rafferty KC that on that date several members of the public reported to the police that an Audi A4 was being driving dangerously in Glenabbey Close. ENDS

Seems to be an awful lot of Audis involved in these crimes recently - the car choice of utter chav thugs.

Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months

<krhvuqFid5vU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32923&group=uk.rec.cycling#32923

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never
passing driving test, jailed for 16 months
Date: 14 Nov 2023 19:26:18 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 19:26 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: Prosecutor Michael McAleer told Judge Neil Rafferty KC that on
> that date several members of the public reported to the police that an
> Audi A4 was being driving dangerously in Glenabbey Close. ENDS
>
> Seems to be an awful lot of Audis involved in these crimes recently - the
> car choice of utter chav thugs.
You don’t sound like you’d buy an Audi bicycle, then.

<https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/audi-e-bike-worthersee/>

--
Spike

Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months

<21e689a4-2d19-4d8d-aeca-c6090dee7a63n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32926&group=uk.rec.cycling#32926

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 12:08:53 -0800 (PST)
driving test, jailed for 16 months
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 20:08 UTC

All round thug it seems - Audi driver, you see.
=================================
Dylan Lockhart from Beraghvale was convicted at the Departmental Court in Derry on Thursday April 20, 2023 of causing unnecessary suffering to two Staffordshire type dogs in June 2021.

Lockhart was issued with a six-month custodial sentence suspended for two years.

He was also issued with a seven-year Disqualification Order from keeping dogs under all headings of S.33 of the 2011 Act.

The complaint was brought against him by Derry City and Strabane District Council under the Welfare of Animals Act (NI) 2011.

The Council said proceedings followed an investigation by its own animal welfare. This investigation was initiated following a complaint received from the PSNI.The Council said the dogs were found in an emaciated state.District Judge McElholm imposed a six-month custodial sentence suspended for two years on Mr Lockhart and disqualified him from keeping dogs for seven years..

The defendant was also ordered to pay costs totalling £1,325 for veterinary costs and care of the two dogs and legal fees of £226.

The Council successfully rehomed both of the dogs.

Commenting after the proceedings, a spokesperson for Derry City and Strabane District Council said: “Council gives a high priority to the welfare of domestic pets and horses and operates a rigorous enforcement policy to ensure full compliance of regulatory requirements.

“Complaints are investigated thoroughly and where necessary formal action is taken, which may include the service of Improvement Notices or, in extreme cases, the seizure of animals.”

The Council advised that anyone in the Derry City and Strabane District Council area with any animal welfare concerns should call 028 8225 6226 or email animalwelfare@fermanaghomagh.com

https://www.derryjournal.com/news/people/derry-man-banned-from-keeping-dogs-after-two-emaciated-staffordshire-type-pets-discovered-4117561

Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months

<kri7m0Fjs5mU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32936&group=uk.rec.cycling#32936

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
passing driving test, jailed for 16 months
Date: 14 Nov 2023 21:38:08 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 21:38 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> All round thug it seems - Audi driver, you see.

If they rode Audi bicycles instead of driving Audi cars, no-one would
notice any difference in the cycling world.

> https://www.derryjournal.com/news/people/derry-man-banned-from-keeping-dogs-after-two-emaciated-staffordshire-type-pets-discovered-4117561

--
Spike

Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months

<c8ec2c2d-50cb-46de-89d8-36c529a2f570n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32939&group=uk.rec.cycling#32939

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 23:07:28 -0800 (PST)
driving test, jailed for 16 months
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 07:07 UTC

On Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at 8:08:56 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> All round thug it seems - Audi driver, you see.
> ==================================
>
> Dylan Lockhart from Beraghvale was convicted at the Departmental Court in Derry on Thursday April 20, 2023 of causing unnecessary suffering to two Staffordshire type dogs in June 2021.
>
> Lockhart was issued with a six-month custodial sentence suspended for two years.
>
> He was also issued with a seven-year Disqualification Order from keeping dogs under all headings of S.33 of the 2011 Act.

Just look at the state of this poor animal - what a twat.

https://www.derryjournal.com/webimg/b25lY21zOmM0MGM2NTgzLWEwNjctNDZmNS04N2I1LTAyZWI0MmQ3Yjc1ZjpkOGIyMjczZS00Zjc5LTQ3NmQtOTNjNS0zYTRlMzZlMTYxYjY=.jpg?crop=3:2,smart&width=640&quality=65

Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months

<krjn74Fu5d5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32948&group=uk.rec.cycling#32948

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
driving test, jailed for 16 months
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 11:09:25 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 11:09 UTC

On 15/11/2023 07:07 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at 8:08:56 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:

>> All round thug it seems - Audi chav-cyclist, you see.
>> ==================================
>>
>> Dylan Lockhart from Beraghvale was convicted at the Departmental Court in Derry on Thursday April 20, 2023 of causing unnecessary suffering to two Staffordshire type dogs in June 2021.
>> Lockhart was issued with a six-month custodial sentence suspended for two years.
>> He was also issued with a seven-year Disqualification Order from keeping dogs under all headings of S.33 of the 2011 Act.

> Just look at the state of this poor animal - what a twat.
>
> https://www.derryjournal.com/webimg/b25lY21zOmM0MGM2NTgzLWEwNjctNDZmNS04N2I1LTAyZWI0MmQ3Yjc1ZjpkOGIyMjczZS00Zjc5LTQ3NmQtOTNjNS0zYTRlMzZlMTYxYjY=.jpg?crop=3:2,smart&width=640&quality=65

Was it the dog riding the chav-cycle?

Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months

<85f09469-541c-4c66-b7e2-1ee5ed27f7cen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32952&group=uk.rec.cycling#32952

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 03:46:35 -0800 (PST)
driving test, jailed for 16 months
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 11:46 UTC

QUOTE: Some of those who reported the incident to the police were also able to name Lockhart as being the driver. ENDS

With over FORTY previous convictions, he'd have stood out like a sore rash.

Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months

<krk3mfF2m6uU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32956&group=uk.rec.cycling#32956

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
passing driving test, jailed for 16 months
Date: 15 Nov 2023 14:42:23 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 14:42 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: Some of those who reported the incident to the police were also
> able to name Lockhart as being the driver. ENDS
>
> With over FORTY previous convictions, he'd have stood out like a sore rash.

Do you know the name of every rash you see?

--
Spike

Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months

<e563f90b-fc5f-4aa7-8277-8388ba2fd389n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32966&group=uk.rec.cycling#32966

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 08:16:35 -0800 (PST)
driving test, jailed for 16 months
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:16 UTC

QUOTE: “The defendant then accused the officer in charge of the case of police harassment and told her that he would see her in court,” the prosecutor said. ENDS

That's brilliant! A criminal complaining that the arresting police officer is "harassing" him is laughable.

Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months

<krka1tF456eU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32972&group=uk.rec.cycling#32972

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
passing driving test, jailed for 16 months
Date: 15 Nov 2023 16:30:54 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:30 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: “The defendant then accused the officer in charge of the case of
> police harassment and told her that he would see her in court,” the prosecutor said. ENDS
>
> That's brilliant! A criminal complaining that the arresting police
> officer is "harassing" him is laughable.

Two police officers were sacked essentially for harassment only a few weeks
ago. It happens.

--
Spike

Re: Man with over 40 road traffic convictions despite never passing driving test, jailed for 16 months

<6d823ad0-83ad-424b-be3e-b83c2e0b928bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=32988&group=uk.rec.cycling#32988

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 09:55:41 -0800 (PST)
driving test, jailed for 16 months
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 17:55 UTC

On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 4:16:37 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> QUOTE: “The defendant then accused the officer in charge of the case of police harassment and told her that he would see her in court,” the prosecutor said. ENDS
>
> That's brilliant! A criminal complaining that the arresting police officer is "harassing" him is laughable.

Sorry, M'Lud - you had already said that here:

QUOTE: Jailing Lockhart for 16 months Judge Rafferty told him that his "allegation that he was being harassed by the police is laughable. Quite frankly I would expect the local police to stop him every time they see him". ENDS