Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:21:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Oxfordshire drink driver swerves into path of oncoming car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 18:21 UTC

A woman has been sentenced for drink-driving after her car swerved into the path of an oncoming vehicle on a windy country road.

Imogen Parfitt, 31, of Fox Heath Gardens, Cane End, Oxfordshire, has pleaded guilty to one count of driving a motor vehicle on a road or public place whilst over the prescribed alcohol limit.

Thames Valley Police has now released footage of her reckless driving on Henley Road in Playhatch on May 18 this year.

She was disqualified from driving for 18 months, fined £461 and told to pay a £184 surcharge at Reading Magistrates’ Court last Thursday (November 9).

At around 10pm on May 18 this year, officers stopped a Volvo C30 that Parfitt was driving after they saw it repeatedly swerving across the carriageway onto the opposite side of the road, having been travelling in a vehicle behind her.

Parfitt failed a roadside breath test and was arrested at the scene. She then provided a sample of 85ug per 100ml of breath at the police station – more than double the legal limit of 35ug per 100ml of breath.

She was charged the following day.

Investigating officer PC Louise Savory said: “Imogen Parfitt produced an evidential breath sample over twice the legal limit. Drink-driving is never acceptable and will always be dealt with robustly.

"It puts not only the driver but all other road users at risk of significant harm as a result.”

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/23928303.oxfordshire-drink-driver-swerves-path-oncoming-car/

Re: Oxfordshire drink driver swerves into path of oncoming car

<krnbgvFqbefU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33066&group=uk.rec.cycling#33066

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 20:14:24 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 20:14 UTC

On 16/11/2023 06:21 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A woman has been sentenced for drink-driving after her car swerved into the path of an oncoming vehicle on a windy country road.

"Windy" or "windy"?*

> Imogen Parfitt, 31, of Fox Heath Gardens, Cane End, Oxfordshire, has pleaded guilty to one count of driving a motor vehicle on a road or public place whilst over the prescribed alcohol limit.
> Thames Valley Police has now released footage of her reckless driving on Henley Road in Playhatch on May 18 this year.
> She was disqualified from driving for 18 months, fined £461 and told to pay a £184 surcharge at Reading Magistrates’ Court last Thursday (November 9).
> At around 10pm on May 18 this year, officers stopped a Volvo C30 that Parfitt was driving after they saw it repeatedly swerving across the carriageway onto the opposite side of the road, having been travelling in a vehicle behind her.
> Parfitt failed a roadside breath test and was arrested at the scene. She then provided a sample of 85ug per 100ml of breath at the police station – more than double the legal limit of 35ug per 100ml of breath.
> She was charged the following day.
> Investigating officer PC Louise Savory said: “Imogen Parfitt produced an evidential breath sample over twice the legal limit. Drink-driving is never acceptable and will always be dealt with robustly.
> "It puts not only the driver but all other road users at risk of significant harm as a result.”
>
> https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/23928303.oxfordshire-drink-driver-swerves-path-oncoming-car/

[* "winding".]

Re: Oxfordshire drink driver swerves into path of oncoming car

<2537ad69-538e-421b-9912-a0779cc68efbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33072&group=uk.rec.cycling#33072

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 13:05:33 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 21:05 UTC

Bloody hell - she's all over the shop.
Look at the video!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1725130216249434437

QUOTE: What makes anyone think this offender won't be straight back doing the same after the pathetically short ban? Driving is a privilege, not a right, and a privilege that should be removed from people behaving like this. Forever. It's only luck that she hasn't killed anyone.ENDS