From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Satellite Installation - What do the pros here think of this?!
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 23:10:37 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Fri, 6 May 2022 22:10 UTC

Doesn't look a very secure mounting to me ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R245TMY55W8USM/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01IHUGLBG

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: Satellite Installation - What do the pros here think of this?!

<t555a2$qj0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33108&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33108

From: jmlay...@invalid.invalid (Jeff Layman)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 07:58:09 +0100
 by: Jeff Layman - Sat, 7 May 2022 06:58 UTC

On 06/05/2022 23:10, Java Jive wrote:
> Doesn't look a very secure mounting to me ...
>
> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R245TMY55W8USM/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01IHUGLBG

Guess it depends on how strong the gable ends are! It would be better
screwed to the brickwork.

I saved and opened the images in a graphics viewer and magnified them.
To me, the actual fixings didn't seem bad at all. Looked a bit like a
mount for a large-screen TV. Only time and gale-force winds will tell
how good it is.

--

Jeff

Re: Satellite Installation - What do the pros here think of this?!

<jdmohkF7s1dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33112&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33112

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 09:22:11 +0100
 by: alan_m - Sat, 7 May 2022 08:22 UTC

On 07/05/2022 07:58, Jeff Layman wrote:
> On 06/05/2022 23:10, Java Jive wrote:
>> Doesn't look a very secure mounting to me ...
>>
>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R245TMY55W8USM/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01IHUGLBG
>>

> Guess it depends on how strong the gable ends are! It would be better
> screwed to the brickwork.
>
> I saved and opened the images in a graphics viewer and magnified them.
> To me, the actual fixings didn't seem bad at all. Looked a bit like a
> mount for a large-screen TV. Only time and gale-force winds will tell
> how good it is.

Possibly where his previous dish had been mounted? That black down-lead
appears to have been partially painted white to match the building so it
is not a new cable for this installation.

However, it wouldn't have been my first choice of a fixing location.
Possibly someone who thinks that a 2 metres higher will give better
reception and not realising that the satellite is 40,000km away.

Re: Satellite Installation - What do the pros here think of this?!

<k1fc7hhc3hmab1d9qm0rsimk2nhpf6lhqq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33118&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33118

From: me...@address.invalid (Martin)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 11:32:06 +0200
 by: Martin - Sat, 7 May 2022 09:32 UTC

On Sat, 7 May 2022 09:22:11 +0100, alan_m <junk@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

>On 07/05/2022 07:58, Jeff Layman wrote:
>> On 06/05/2022 23:10, Java Jive wrote:
>>> Doesn't look a very secure mounting to me ...
>>>
>>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R245TMY55W8USM/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01IHUGLBG
>>>

>> Guess it depends on how strong the gable ends are! It would be better
>> screwed to the brickwork.
>>
>> I saved and opened the images in a graphics viewer and magnified them.
>> To me, the actual fixings didn't seem bad at all. Looked a bit like a
>> mount for a large-screen TV. Only time and gale-force winds will tell
>> how good it is.
>>

>Possibly where his previous dish had been mounted? That black down-lead
>appears to have been partially painted white to match the building so it
>is not a new cable for this installation.
>
>However, it wouldn't have been my first choice of a fixing location.
>Possibly someone who thinks that a 2 metres higher will give better
>reception and not realising that the satellite is 40,000km away.

More likely because a tree grew and became in the way. We had our dish moved up
three metres.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland