You will lose an important tape file.

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / Re: Bland sound

SubjectAuthor
* Bland soundBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)
`* Re: Bland soundAdrian Caspersz
 +* Re: Bland soundwilliamwright
 |+* Re: Bland soundScott
 ||+- Re: Bland soundJeff Gaines
 ||`- Re: Bland soundNY
 |+- Re: Bland soundSH
 |+- Re: Bland soundBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)
 |`* Re: Bland soundPaul Ratcliffe
 | `- Re: Bland soundwilliamwright
 `- Re: Bland soundBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)

1
Bland sound

<t5id1q$jb0$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33139&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33139

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Bland sound
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 08:29:58 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Thu, 12 May 2022 07:29 UTC

By which I mean kind of audio that has few actual dynamics, and has a brick
wall audio filter at quite a low frequency.
I have recently watched some bbc things which have musical performances,
even a few minutes of Eurovision semi finals on red button, but there does
seem to be a policy of restricted audio. Watching sky arts some of their
older concerts sound much better in both respects to me.
This sort of thing seems to have been getting worse for some years even on
radio popular song type live events. Is it due to the private companies
deciding to just let some signal processor on it, or what?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Re: Bland sound

<je48kuFpdq1U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33140&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33140

From: ema...@here.invalid (Adrian Caspersz)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: Bland sound
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 12:16:45 +0100
 by: Adrian Caspersz - Thu, 12 May 2022 11:16 UTC

On 12/05/2022 08:29, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
> By which I mean kind of audio that has few actual dynamics, and has a brick
> wall audio filter at quite a low frequency.
> I have recently watched some bbc things which have musical performances,
> even a few minutes of Eurovision semi finals on red button, but there does
> seem to be a policy of restricted audio. Watching sky arts some of their
> older concerts sound much better in both respects to me.
> This sort of thing seems to have been getting worse for some years even on
> radio popular song type live events. Is it due to the private companies
> deciding to just let some signal processor on it, or what?
> Brian

There are some TV clips and programmes that have to be pre-announced
that they contain flashing lights.

For audio, it is safer to turn a compressor on than run the risk of
Ethel's third favourite cat losing bowel movement after being startled
by a relatively minor bit of infra drum and bass.

--
Adrian C

Re: Bland sound

<je4kdsFrjudU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33141&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33141

From: wrightsa...@f2s.com (williamwright)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 15:37:49 +0100
 by: williamwright - Thu, 12 May 2022 14:37 UTC

On 12/05/2022 12:16, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

> There are some TV clips and programmes that have to be pre-announced
> that they contain flashing lights.
>
> For audio, it is safer to turn a compressor on than run the risk of
> Ethel's third favourite cat losing bowel movement after being startled
> by a relatively minor bit of infra drum and bass.

My favourite cat, Mrs Spook, was asleep on a beanbag in front of my
right hand speaker. Sudden loud brass band music caused her to perform a
vertical take off. Whilst in the air she lost control of her bowels.

Bill

Re: Bland sound

<bhdq7hds54j60tdimsccj0igmhojeb42ru@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33142&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33142

From: newsgro...@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 17:32:07 +0100
 by: Scott - Thu, 12 May 2022 16:32 UTC

On Thu, 12 May 2022 15:37:49 +0100, williamwright
<wrightsaerials@f2s.com> wrote:

>On 12/05/2022 12:16, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
>
>> There are some TV clips and programmes that have to be pre-announced
>> that they contain flashing lights.
>>
>> For audio, it is safer to turn a compressor on than run the risk of
>> Ethel's third favourite cat losing bowel movement after being startled
>> by a relatively minor bit of infra drum and bass.
>>
>My favourite cat, Mrs Spook, was asleep on a beanbag in front of my
>right hand speaker. Sudden loud brass band music caused her to perform a
>vertical take off. Whilst in the air she lost control of her bowels.

A friend of mine had a dog called Oscar, who was not allowed to watch
David Attenborough or any other nature programmes since every time he
saw a bear he had a huge dump there and then.

Re: Bland sound

<xn0nhsaemj85pb005@news.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33143&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33143

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: 12 May 2022 17:05:28 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Thu, 12 May 2022 17:05 UTC

On 12/05/2022 in message <bhdq7hds54j60tdimsccj0igmhojeb42ru@4ax.com>
Scott wrote:

>On Thu, 12 May 2022 15:37:49 +0100, williamwright
><wrightsaerials@f2s.com> wrote:
>
>>On 12/05/2022 12:16, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
>>
>>>There are some TV clips and programmes that have to be pre-announced
>>>that they contain flashing lights.
>>>
>>>For audio, it is safer to turn a compressor on than run the risk of
>>>Ethel's third favourite cat losing bowel movement after being startled
>>>by a relatively minor bit of infra drum and bass.
>>>
>>My favourite cat, Mrs Spook, was asleep on a beanbag in front of my
>>right hand speaker. Sudden loud brass band music caused her to perform a
>>vertical take off. Whilst in the air she lost control of her bowels.
>>
>A friend of mine had a dog called Oscar, who was not allowed to watch
>David Attenborough or any other nature programmes since every time he
>saw a bear he had a huge dump there and then.

When any animal appears my mutt runs up to the TV barking and wagging his
tail! When said animal goes off screen mutt goes behind the TV to try and
find it.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.

Re: Bland sound

<t5ji99$atr$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33144&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33144

From: i.l...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 19:05:29 +0100
 by: SH - Thu, 12 May 2022 18:05 UTC

On 12/05/2022 15:37, williamwright wrote:
> On 12/05/2022 12:16, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
>
>> There are some TV clips and programmes that have to be pre-announced
>> that they contain flashing lights.
>>
>> For audio, it is safer to turn a compressor on than run the risk of
>> Ethel's third favourite cat losing bowel movement after being startled
>> by a relatively minor bit of infra drum and bass.
>>

> My favourite cat, Mrs Spook, was asleep on a beanbag in front of my
> right hand speaker. Sudden loud brass band music caused her to perform a
> vertical take off. Whilst in the air she lost control of her bowels.
>
> Bill

like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjphOIR5OZY

Re: Bland sound

<t5jnnr$jjb$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33145&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33145

From: me...@privacy.invalid (NY)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 20:38:34 +0100
 by: NY - Thu, 12 May 2022 19:38 UTC

"Scott" <newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk> wrote in message
> A friend of mine had a dog called Oscar, who was not allowed to watch
> David Attenborough or any other nature programmes since every time he
> saw a bear he had a huge dump there and then.

In the woods, probably, copying where bears shit.

Re: Bland sound

<t5luj6$9n2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33160&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33160

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 16:47:45 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Fri, 13 May 2022 15:47 UTC

I don't believe that for a second. You can get films these days with
wonderful sound if you have the set up to use it, even butt kickers under
the seats if you want.

"Adrian Caspersz" <email@here.invalid> wrote in message
> On 12/05/2022 08:29, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
>> By which I mean kind of audio that has few actual dynamics, and has a
>> brick
>> wall audio filter at quite a low frequency.
>> I have recently watched some bbc things which have musical
>> performances,
>> even a few minutes of Eurovision semi finals on red button, but there
>> does
>> seem to be a policy of restricted audio. Watching sky arts some of their
>> older concerts sound much better in both respects to me.
>> This sort of thing seems to have been getting worse for some years even
>> on
>> radio popular song type live events. Is it due to the private companies
>> deciding to just let some signal processor on it, or what?
>> Brian
>>

> There are some TV clips and programmes that have to be pre-announced that
> they contain flashing lights.
>
> For audio, it is safer to turn a compressor on than run the risk of
> Ethel's third favourite cat losing bowel movement after being startled by
> a relatively minor bit of infra drum and bass.
>
> --
> Adrian C

Re: Bland sound

<t5luml$nlb$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33161&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33161

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 16:49:37 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Fri, 13 May 2022 15:49 UTC

These days it would be put on Youtube and instagram etc.

I see you can now get a drone that can launch from your palm and buz about
the room for five mins videoing you.

"williamwright" <wrightsaerials@f2s.com> wrote in message
> On 12/05/2022 12:16, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
>
>> There are some TV clips and programmes that have to be pre-announced that
>> they contain flashing lights.
>>
>> For audio, it is safer to turn a compressor on than run the risk of
>> Ethel's third favourite cat losing bowel movement after being startled by
>> a relatively minor bit of infra drum and bass.
>>

> My favourite cat, Mrs Spook, was asleep on a beanbag in front of my right
> hand speaker. Sudden loud brass band music caused her to perform a
> vertical take off. Whilst in the air she lost control of her bowels.
>
> Bill

Re: Bland sound

<slrnt801rq.2jg.abuse@news.pr.network>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33176&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33176

From: abu...@orac12.clara34.co56.uk78 (Paul Ratcliffe)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 19:48:11 GMT
Sender: abuse@win7.lan
 by: Paul Ratcliffe - Sat, 14 May 2022 19:48 UTC

On Thu, 12 May 2022 15:37:49 +0100, williamwright
<wrightsaerials@f2s.com> wrote:

> My favourite cat, Mrs Spook...

Named after (Mr) Spook in Boss (Top) Cat?

Re: Bland sound

<jeashbF35kmU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33177&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33177

From: wrightsa...@f2s.com (williamwright)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 00:33:00 +0100
 by: williamwright - Sat, 14 May 2022 23:33 UTC

On 14/05/2022 20:48, Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
> On Thu, 12 May 2022 15:37:49 +0100, williamwright
> <wrightsaerials@f2s.com> wrote:
>
>> My favourite cat, Mrs Spook...
>
> Named after (Mr) Spook in Boss (Top) Cat?

No. It was because she behaved like a spy, always hiding and peering
out, scurrying from one hidey hole to the next, all that sort of thing.

Bill