When the bosses talk about improving productivity, they are never talking about themselves.

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of social media jails?

SubjectAuthor
* TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of social mediaJava Jive
+* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside ofTweed
|+* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialJava Jive
||`* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of social media jails?Jeff Gaines
|| +* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialJava Jive
|| |`* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of social media jails?Jeff Gaines
|| | `* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialJava Jive
|| |  `* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of social media jails?Jeff Gaines
|| |   `- Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialJava Jive
|| `- Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialMark Carver
|+- Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialMB
|`- Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialMB
`* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialAndy Burns
 `* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialJava Jive
  +* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialAndy Burns
  |`- Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialJava Jive
  +* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialRobin
  |+* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialJava Jive
  ||`* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialRobin
  || `* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialJava Jive
  ||  `* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialRobin
  ||   `- Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialJava Jive
  |`* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialAndy Burns
  | `* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialRobin
  |  `- Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialJava Jive
  `* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialDavid Woolley
   `* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialJava Jive
    `* Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside ofTweed
     `- Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of socialJava Jive

Pages:12
Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of social media jails?

<t66fsu$hf5$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33278&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33278

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of social
media jails?
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 23:21:16 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Thu, 19 May 2022 22:21 UTC

On 19/05/2022 14:31, David Woolley wrote:

> On 18/05/2022 20:52, Java Jive wrote:
>>
>> ISTR there's an equivalent British organisation,
>
> Are you thinking of RUSI (Royal United Services Instition)?

That did come up in one of the two searches I tried, and I read some of
their analyses, but it's not the institution I was thinking of.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of social media jails?

<t67ala$411$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33279&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33279

From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of
social media jails?
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 05:58:02 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:mAC2bXg1dkr9TN5Rmuc/ysdRX1k=
 by: Tweed - Fri, 20 May 2022 05:58 UTC

Java Jive <java@evij.com.invalid> wrote:
> On 19/05/2022 14:31, David Woolley wrote:
>>
>> On 18/05/2022 20:52, Java Jive wrote:
>>>
>>> ISTR there's an equivalent British organisation,
>>
>> Are you thinking of RUSI (Royal United Services Instition)?
>
> That did come up in one of the two searches I tried, and I read some of
> their analyses, but it's not the institution I was thinking of.

The detail you seek about the war is never going to come out whilst it
plays out. It will take decades for the true story to be revealed, as for
example, official papers get declassified. Just like the NI protocol
negotiations - what’s really happening and what gets presented in public
are likely to be very different.

Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of social media jails?

<jeou99Fo5olU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33280&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33280

From: mark.car...@invalid.invalid (Mark Carver)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
media jails?
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 08:28:39 +0100
 by: Mark Carver - Fri, 20 May 2022 07:28 UTC

On 18/05/2022 22:35, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 18/05/2022 in message <t63k6p$4oe$1@dont-email.me> Java Jive wrote:
>
>>> The Times is good, but you have to pay for it.
>>
>> And, I'm afraid, they're becoming increasingly unreliable, second
>> only to the Daily Fail:
>>
>> https://tabloidcorrections.wordpress.com/2019/01/07/daily-mail-tops-list-of-ipso-offenders-for-third-year-running/
>>

> That's an old report reporting on older news. The Daily Mail
> frequently gets information first and it is easily double checked a
> day or so latter on the BBC news website. News is only news while it
> is new.

Anecdotally I'll often see a click-bait Daily Mail headline on my
phone's list of suggested news articles, and think 'that's bollocks',
only for it to actually happen about 12-48 hrs later

Re: TOT: MoD Reports on Ukraine - Where to read outside of social media jails?

<t67rlg$l2n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33281&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33281

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
media jails?
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 11:48:15 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Fri, 20 May 2022 10:48 UTC

On 20/05/2022 06:58, Tweed wrote:

> Java Jive <java@evij.com.invalid> wrote:

>>> Are you thinking of RUSI (Royal United Services Instition)?
>>
>> That did come up in one of the two searches I tried, and I read some of
>> their analyses, but it's not the institution I was thinking of.
>
> The detail you seek about the war is never going to come out whilst it
> plays out. It will take decades for the true story to be revealed, as for
> example, official papers get declassified. Just like the NI protocol
> negotiations - what’s really happening and what gets presented in public
> are likely to be very different.

The details about the Bucha war crimes have already come out, that's how
I/we know they actually happened and are not propaganda. In this day
and age, it's not good enough for the MoD to give out what may or may
not be merely propaganda and just hope that it will be believed just
because it's the MoD saying it. At very least they need to give some
justification of what they're claiming, so that others can attest its
worth or otherwise.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk