From: void-inv...@email.invalid (Brian Gregory)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: Great Movies
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 19:15:00 +0100
 by: Brian Gregory - Mon, 23 May 2022 18:15 UTC

On 22/05/2022 19:31, pinnerite wrote:
> Channel 51 "Great Movies".
> Just before 19:30. It died. I may never know who dunnit!
>
> :(

Volcano is on again on Saturday 28th at the same time.

But I can tell you now - the Volcano did it.

Or did the channels get renumbered? I don't think I have 51 at all on my
Freeview plus I usually use satellite).

--
Brian Gregory (in England).

Re: Great Movies

<MPG.3cf6b2ed98cb4de89897c9@News.Individual.NET>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33291&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33291

From: unsteady...@gmail.com (Unsteadyken)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 10:17:14 +0100
 by: Unsteadyken - Tue, 24 May 2022 09:17 UTC

In article <jf2194Fg3foU1@mid.individual.net>,
Brian Gregory says...

> Or did the channels get renumbered? I don't think I have 51 at all on my
> Freeview

Freeview 51 is Ideal World shopping channel. Great Movies is Freeview
34.

--
Ken

Re: Great Movies

<t6iaur$3su$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33292&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33292

From: dav...@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 11:10:35 +0100
 by: Davey - Tue, 24 May 2022 10:10 UTC

On Tue, 24 May 2022 10:17:14 +0100
Unsteadyken <unsteadyken@gmail.com> wrote:

> In article <jf2194Fg3foU1@mid.individual.net>,
>
> Brian Gregory says...
>
> > Or did the channels get renumbered? I don't think I have 51 at all
> > on my Freeview
> >

> Freeview 51 is Ideal World shopping channel. Great Movies is Freeview
> 34.

Nowadays they don't even bother to warn of a retune being needed,
whereas it used to be that you could never get away from the nagging,
even after doing the retune. A few weeks ago, we noticed that one
channel was on one number on one TV set, but on a different number on a
different one. There had been no warning. They had just been last
retuned on different days, enough to create a difference.
Tomorrow, Ideal World Shopping and Great Movies could be on any
Ch. number, anywhere.
--
Davey.

Re: Great Movies

<t4ydncMeh63cLxH_nZ2dnUU7-Q2dnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33293&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33293

Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 11:24:01 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
From: max_dem...@bigfoot.com (Max Demian)
 by: Max Demian - Tue, 24 May 2022 10:24 UTC

On 24/05/2022 11:10, Davey wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2022 10:17:14 +0100
> Unsteadyken <unsteadyken@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In article <jf2194Fg3foU1@mid.individual.net>,
>> Brian Gregory says...

>>> Or did the channels get renumbered? I don't think I have 51 at all
>>> on my Freeview
>>>

>> Freeview 51 is Ideal World shopping channel. Great Movies is Freeview
>> 34.
>>

> Nowadays they don't even bother to warn of a retune being needed,
> whereas it used to be that you could never get away from the nagging,
> even after doing the retune. A few weeks ago, we noticed that one
> channel was on one number on one TV set, but on a different number on a
> different one. There had been no warning. They had just been last
> retuned on different days, enough to create a difference.
> Tomorrow, Ideal World Shopping and Great Movies could be on any
> Ch. number, anywhere.

If all they do is change the numbers you don't have to do a retune. Only
matters with reference to listings magazines &c.

--
Max Demian

Re: Great Movies

<t6ileu$j7m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33297&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33297

From: dav...@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 14:09:49 +0100
 by: Davey - Tue, 24 May 2022 13:09 UTC

On Tue, 24 May 2022 11:24:01 +0100
Max Demian <max_demian@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> On 24/05/2022 11:10, Davey wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 May 2022 10:17:14 +0100
> > Unsteadyken <unsteadyken@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> In article <jf2194Fg3foU1@mid.individual.net>,
> >> Brian Gregory says...

> >> Freeview 51 is Ideal World shopping channel. Great Movies is
> >> Freeview 34.
> >>

> > Nowadays they don't even bother to warn of a retune being needed,
> > whereas it used to be that you could never get away from the
> > nagging, even after doing the retune. A few weeks ago, we noticed
> > that one channel was on one number on one TV set, but on a
> > different number on a different one. There had been no warning.
> > They had just been last retuned on different days, enough to create
> > a difference. Tomorrow, Ideal World Shopping and Great Movies could
> > be on any Ch. number, anywhere.
>
> If all they do is change the numbers you don't have to do a retune.
> Only matters with reference to listings magazines &c.

Yes, but it gets really confusing if it's different between different
sets! Especially where the non-technical wife is concerned...she still
can't seem to understand that you can't take a remote control from one
room to another and expect it to work on that TV set as well.
--
Davey.

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / Re: Great Movies