I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair. -- Bette Davis, "Cabin in the Cotton"

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / Buck House Light hHow

SubjectAuthor
* Buck House Light hHowJeff Gaines
+- Re: Buck House Light hHowTweed
+- Re: Buck House Light hHowWoody
+* Re: Buck House Light hHowMB
|+* Re: Buck House Light hHowMark Carver
||+* Re: Buck House Light hHowTweed
|||`- Re: Buck House Light hHowAndy Burns
||`- Re: Buck House Light hHowBrian Gaff
|`* Re: Buck House Light hHowWoody
| +- Re: Buck House Light hHowChris J Dixon
| `* Re: Buck House Light hHowtony sayer
|  `* Re: Buck House Light hHowJeff Gaines
|   `* Re: Buck House Light hHowPaul Ratcliffe
|    `* Re: Buck House Light hHowWoody
|     `* Re: Buck House Light hHowNY
|      `* Re: Buck House Light hHowcharles
|       `- Re: Buck House Light hHowThe Other John
+* Re: Buck House Light hHowJeff Gaines
|`* Re: Buck House Light hHowAndy Burns
| +* Re: Buck House Light hHowTweed
| |`- Re: Buck House Light hHowtony sayer
| `* Re: Buck House Light hHowJeff Gaines
|  +- Re: Buck House Light hHowAndy Burns
|  `* Re: Buck House Light hHowR. Mark Clayton
|   `* Re: Buck House Light hHowJeff Gaines
|    `- Re: Buck House Light hHowJava Jive
`- Re: Buck House Light hHowBrian Gaff

Pages:12
Buck House Light hHow

<xn0niq7thaigymy00m@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33447&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33447

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Buck House Light hHow
Date: 4 Jun 2022 22:00:44 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sat, 4 Jun 2022 22:00 UTC

I watched the concert earlier, great start - a performer and some songs I
knew, didn't recognise any of them hereafter.

The light show was impressive. I can understand the projection on to the
front of the palace but were the various effects in the sky over the
flagpole CGI, and just for the TV audience or was there some magic (or a
black airship) at work?

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Remember, the Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<t7hhfn$fsn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33449&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33449

From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: Buck House Light hHow
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 06:12:07 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:VpVRxP0oWGKuof3JbdMnqfjaI5s=
 by: Tweed - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 06:12 UTC

Jeff Gaines <jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I watched the concert earlier, great start - a performer and some songs I
> knew, didn't recognise any of them hereafter.
>
> The light show was impressive. I can understand the projection on to the
> front of the palace but were the various effects in the sky over the
> flagpole CGI, and just for the TV audience or was there some magic (or a
> black airship) at work?

I have the same question! I initially thought drones having seen that done
by China, but there were too many pixels and it went on for too long.

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<t7hivp$nmq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33450&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33450

From: harroga...@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 07:37:40 +0100
 by: Woody - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 06:37 UTC

On Sat 04/06/2022 23:00, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> I watched the concert earlier, great start - a performer and some songs
> I knew, didn't recognise any of them hereafter.
>
> The light show was impressive. I can understand the projection on to the
> front of the palace but were the various effects in the sky over the
> flagpole CGI, and just for the TV audience or was there some magic (or a
> black airship) at work?

No, they were drones as first seen in the New Year display either this
year or last - can't remember which. IMSMC there were something like
2000 of them and once the programming and configuration had been done
they all operated and moved semi autonomously. Whilst from the front
they appeared to be in one plane, some of the side shots made you
realise they were spread over quite a distance front to back.
<Very> clever.

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<t7hkfv$d6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33453&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33453

From: MB...@nospam.net (MB)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 08:03:29 +0100
 by: MB - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 07:03 UTC

On 04/06/2022 23:00, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> I watched the concert earlier, great start - a performer and some songs I
> knew, didn't recognise any of them hereafter.
>
> The light show was impressive. I can understand the projection on to the
> front of the palace but were the various effects in the sky over the
> flagpole CGI, and just for the TV audience or was there some magic (or a
> black airship) at work?

Wasn't it drones, I saw a comment somewhere saying that.

Quite a number of performers that I have no wish to see again! I saw a
comment there was one minor sound problem with one but that is to be
expected on a big production like that.

I could have done without the parade of drag queens!

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<jg3ebhFolt5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33454&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33454

From: mark.car...@invalid.invalid (Mark Carver)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 11:20:33 +0100
 by: Mark Carver - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 10:20 UTC

On 05/06/2022 08:03, MB wrote:
> On 04/06/2022 23:00, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>> I watched the concert earlier, great start - a performer and some
>> songs I
>> knew, didn't recognise any of them hereafter.
>>
>> The light show was impressive. I can understand the projection on to the
>> front of the palace but were the various effects in the sky over the
>> flagpole CGI, and just for the TV audience or was there some magic (or a
>> black airship) at work?
>
> Wasn't it drones, I saw a comment somewhere saying that.
>
> Quite a number of performers that I have no wish to see again!   I saw
> a comment there was one minor sound problem with one but that is to be
> expected on a big production like that.
>
> I could have done without the parade of drag queens!

Oh FFS lighten up !   It wasn't going to, nor able to,  have acts that
were everyone's cup of tea. It was a damn good party, visually very
impressive, and badly needed after all the shit we've endured in recent
years

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<t7i0o1$ciu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33455&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33455

From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 10:32:33 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:kdoCNH1bt8TI54U4EUXQ22AkLlQ=
 by: Tweed - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 10:32 UTC

Mark Carver <mark.carver@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 05/06/2022 08:03, MB wrote:
>> On 04/06/2022 23:00, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>> I watched the concert earlier, great start - a performer and some
>>> songs I
>>> knew, didn't recognise any of them hereafter.
>>>
>>> The light show was impressive. I can understand the projection on to the
>>> front of the palace but were the various effects in the sky over the
>>> flagpole CGI, and just for the TV audience or was there some magic (or a
>>> black airship) at work?
>>
>> Wasn't it drones, I saw a comment somewhere saying that.
>>
>> Quite a number of performers that I have no wish to see again!   I saw
>> a comment there was one minor sound problem with one but that is to be
>> expected on a big production like that.
>>
>> I could have done without the parade of drag queens!
>
> Oh FFS lighten up !   It wasn't going to, nor able to,  have acts that
> were everyone's cup of tea. It was a damn good party, visually very
> impressive, and badly needed after all the shit we've endured in recent
> years

100% agree. I’m not a great music fan, but I really enjoyed the various
light shows.
I saw the audience appeared to have led wrist bands. These appeared to all
change colour together. I wonder how that was implemented?

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<jg3g23FoihlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33456&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33456

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 11:49:37 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 10:49 UTC

Tweed wrote:

> I saw the audience appeared to have led wrist bands. These appeared to all
> change colour together. I wonder how that was implemented?

xylobands been standard fayre at e.g. Glastonbury and coldplay concerts for
several years, videos at the usual places ...

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<t7i2n4$ool$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33457&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33457

From: harroga...@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 12:06:11 +0100
 by: Woody - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 11:06 UTC

On Sun 05/06/2022 08:03, MB wrote:
> On 04/06/2022 23:00, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>> I watched the concert earlier, great start - a performer and some songs I
>> knew, didn't recognise any of them hereafter.
>>
>> The light show was impressive. I can understand the projection on to the
>> front of the palace but were the various effects in the sky over the
>> flagpole CGI, and just for the TV audience or was there some magic (or a
>> black airship) at work?
>
> Wasn't it drones, I saw a comment somewhere saying that.
>
> Quite a number of performers that I have no wish to see again!   I saw a
> comment there was one minor sound problem with one but that is to be
> expected on a big production like that.
>
> I could have done without the parade of drag queens!

That one minor sound problem would have been Diana Ross' first song -
they seemed to sort it after that (probably whispered in her ear told
hold the mic nearer!)

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<xn0nir5sibbh1vk00n@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33458&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33458

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: 5 Jun 2022 11:32:37 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 11:32 UTC

On 04/06/2022 in message <xn0niq7thaigymy00m@news.individual.net> Jeff
Gaines wrote:

>I watched the concert earlier, great start - a performer and some songs I
>knew, didn't recognise any of them hereafter.
>
>The light show was impressive. I can understand the projection on to the
>front of the palace but were the various effects in the sky over the
>flagpole CGI, and just for the TV audience or was there some magic (or a
>black airship) at work?

Thanks for all the replies, drones it was :-)

They must have some quite interesting software to program that number of
drones.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Here we go it's getting close, now it's just who wants it most.

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<jg3lmqFpbkgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33459&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33459

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 13:26:00 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 12:26 UTC

Jeff Gaines wrote:

> They must have some quite interesting software to program that number of drones.

They set up a local RTK GPS station, which gives the drones about 2 cm
positioning accuracy, design the show, upload the sequence of
locations/times/colours to each drone ... press go.

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<t7i81g$vu9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33460&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33460

From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 12:37:04 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:IT5L7VJKZhYhm6g9eEgxgm+YI8Q=
 by: Tweed - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 12:37 UTC

Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
> Jeff Gaines wrote:
>
>> They must have some quite interesting software to program that number of drones.
>
> They set up a local RTK GPS station, which gives the drones about 2 cm
> positioning accuracy, design the show, upload the sequence of
> locations/times/colours to each drone ... press go.

This is the outfit that runs drone shows https://skymagic.show/

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<xn0nir7mtbdztc100p@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33461&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33461

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: 5 Jun 2022 12:43:11 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 12:43 UTC

On 05/06/2022 in message <jg3lmqFpbkgU1@mid.individual.net> Andy Burns
wrote:

>Jeff Gaines wrote:
>
>>They must have some quite interesting software to program that number of
>>drones.
>
>They set up a local RTK GPS station, which gives the drones about 2 cm
>positioning accuracy, design the show, upload the sequence of
>locations/times/colours to each drone ... press go.

Ain't modern technology wonderful - close to magic!

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Have you ever noticed that all the instruments searching for intelligent

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<jg3n9sFpbkgU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33462&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33462

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 13:53:14 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 12:53 UTC

Jeff Gaines wrote:

> Ain't modern technology wonderful - close to magic!

creative people to design it plus techies to make it happen

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<eb1070b1-0ddf-479f-988a-148d8d4a44fan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33467&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33467

Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 08:27:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: notyalck...@gmail.com (R. Mark Clayton)
 by: R. Mark Clayton - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 15:27 UTC

On Sunday, 5 June 2022 at 13:43:13 UTC+1, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 05/06/2022 in message <jg3lmq...@mid.individual.net> Andy Burns
> wrote:
> >Jeff Gaines wrote:
> >
> >>They must have some quite interesting software to program that number of
> >>drones.
> >
> >They set up a local RTK GPS station, which gives the drones about 2 cm
> >positioning accuracy, design the show, upload the sequence of
> >locations/times/colours to each drone ... press go.
> Ain't modern technology wonderful - close to magic!

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic”. Arthur C. Clarke 1962

> --
> Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
> Have you ever noticed that all the instruments searching for intelligent
> life are pointing away from Earth?

I haven't, but is it just that they are pointing away from you?

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<t7ikk5$t5q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33468&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33468

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 17:11:49 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 16:11 UTC

Sounds like a lot of drones to me. I know several companies have been
working on 500 drone systems for close formation. I bet a stiff breeze would
bugger it up though.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Jeff Gaines" <jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> I watched the concert earlier, great start - a performer and some songs I
> knew, didn't recognise any of them hereafter.
>
> The light show was impressive. I can understand the projection on to the
> front of the palace but were the various effects in the sky over the
> flagpole CGI, and just for the TV audience or was there some magic (or a
> black airship) at work?
>
> --
> Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
> Remember, the Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<t7iktb$356$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33469&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33469

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 17:16:42 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 16:16 UTC

Yes, having said that, I thought the audio was a bit flat and I went to
sleep half way through, but then I'm prone to do that as I get older!
I guess the lack of being able to see it was a lot to do with it. I did get
a bit annoyed by the sudden cut at the end, and also at people asking me
today about the he visuals when I never see them, but hey, I was ready since
I did a search.
Brian

--

--:
"Mark Carver" <mark.carver@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> On 05/06/2022 08:03, MB wrote:
>> On 04/06/2022 23:00, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>> I watched the concert earlier, great start - a performer and some songs
>>> knew, didn't recognise any of them hereafter.
>>>
>>> The light show was impressive. I can understand the projection on to the
>>> front of the palace but were the various effects in the sky over the
>>> flagpole CGI, and just for the TV audience or was there some magic (or a
>>> black airship) at work?
>>
>> Wasn't it drones, I saw a comment somewhere saying that.
>>
>> Quite a number of performers that I have no wish to see again! I saw a
>> comment there was one minor sound problem with one but that is to be
>> expected on a big production like that.
>>
>> I could have done without the parade of drag queens!
>
> Oh FFS lighten up ! It wasn't going to, nor able to, have acts that were
> everyone's cup of tea. It was a damn good party, visually very impressive,
> and badly needed after all the shit we've endured in recent years

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<xn0nirdz5bmlkjm00r@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33472&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33472

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: 5 Jun 2022 16:44:03 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 16:44 UTC

On 05/06/2022 in message
<eb1070b1-0ddf-479f-988a-148d8d4a44fan@googlegroups.com> R. Mark Clayton
wrote:

>>Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
>>Have you ever noticed that all the instruments searching for intelligent
>>life are pointing away from Earth?
>
>I haven't, but is it just that they are pointing away from you?

You really could do with learning some manners, nobody respects a sore
loser like you.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<t7imtc$9f3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33473&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33473

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 17:50:51 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 16:50 UTC

On 05/06/2022 17:44, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 05/06/2022 in message
> <eb1070b1-0ddf-479f-988a-148d8d4a44fan@googlegroups.com> R. Mark Clayton
> wrote:
>
>>> Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
>>> Have you ever noticed that all the instruments searching for intelligent
>>> life are pointing away from Earth?
>>
>> I haven't, but is it just that they are pointing away from you?
>
> You really could do with learning some manners, nobody respects a sore
> loser like you.

Or perhaps you need to learn to appreciate a joke, even when it's
against yourself.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<lj4q9hhm83il5otpi9g2r0mq959k1mmbdl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33482&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33482

From: chr...@cdixon.me.uk (Chris J Dixon)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 21:31:59 +0100
 by: Chris J Dixon - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 20:31 UTC

Woody wrote:

>That one minor sound problem would have been Diana Ross' first song -
>they seemed to sort it after that (probably whispered in her ear told
>hold the mic nearer!)

I noticed that she appeared to be adjusting the control for her
earpiece, I guess she couldn't hear either. ;-)

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
chris@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<tNpodxKC+RniFweH@bancom.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33483&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33483

From: ton...@bancom.co.uk (tony sayer)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 22:26:26 +0100
 by: tony sayer - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 21:26 UTC

In article <t7i2n4$ool$1@dont-email.me>, Woody <harrogate3@ntlworld.com>
scribeth thus
>On Sun 05/06/2022 08:03, MB wrote:
>> On 04/06/2022 23:00, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>> I watched the concert earlier, great start - a performer and some songs I
>>> knew, didn't recognise any of them hereafter.
>>>
>>> The light show was impressive. I can understand the projection on to the
>>> front of the palace but were the various effects in the sky over the
>>> flagpole CGI, and just for the TV audience or was there some magic (or a
>>> black airship) at work?
>>
>> Wasn't it drones, I saw a comment somewhere saying that.
>>
>> Quite a number of performers that I have no wish to see again!   I saw a
>> comment there was one minor sound problem with one but that is to be
>> expected on a big production like that.
>>
>> I could have done without the parade of drag queens!
>
>That one minor sound problem would have been Diana Ross' first song -
>they seemed to sort it after that (probably whispered in her ear told
>hold the mic nearer!)

Yes pity her voice wasn't as good as it might have been, you can see
her fiddling with her mix c monitor receiver in that song!

Still a great performance seeing shes pushing 80 now!, soo much better
then wheeling old Macca out!..

--
Tony Sayer

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<v9Hox+K5$RniFw8g@bancom.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33484&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33484

From: ton...@bancom.co.uk (tony sayer)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 22:28:25 +0100
 by: tony sayer - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 21:28 UTC

In article <t7i81g$vu9$1@dont-email.me>, Tweed <usenet.tweed@gmail.com>
scribeth thus
>Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
>> Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>
>>> They must have some quite interesting software to program that number of
>drones.
>>
>> They set up a local RTK GPS station, which gives the drones about 2 cm
>> positioning accuracy, design the show, upload the sequence of
>> locations/times/colours to each drone ... press go.
>>

>This is the outfit that runs drone shows https://skymagic.show/

And i bet if that was in western America some silly bugger would claim
they were UFO's!...

--
Tony Sayer

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<xn0nirlwtbxd6c000u@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33487&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33487

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: 5 Jun 2022 21:45:27 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 21:45 UTC

On 05/06/2022 in message <tNpodxKC+RniFweH@bancom.co.uk> tony sayer wrote:

>In article <t7i2n4$ool$1@dont-email.me>, Woody <harrogate3@ntlworld.com>
>scribeth thus

>>>Wasn't it drones, I saw a comment somewhere saying that.
>>>
>>>Quite a number of performers that I have no wish to see again!   I saw a
>>>comment there was one minor sound problem with one but that is to be
>>>expected on a big production like that.
>>>
>>>I could have done without the parade of drag queens!
>>
>>That one minor sound problem would have been Diana Ross' first song -
>>they seemed to sort it after that (probably whispered in her ear told
>>hold the mic nearer!)
>
>Yes pity her voice wasn't as good as it might have been, you can see
>her fiddling with her mix c monitor receiver in that song!
>
>Still a great performance seeing shes pushing 80 now!, soo much better
>then wheeling old Macca out!..

Or, God forbid, Cliff Richard.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who do binary and those

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<slrnt9v6e7.1fi8.abuse@news.pr.network>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33556&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33556

From: abu...@orac12.clara34.co56.uk78 (Paul Ratcliffe)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 18:32:39 GMT
Sender: abuse@win7.lan
 by: Paul Ratcliffe - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 18:32 UTC

On 5 Jun 2022 21:45:27 GMT, Jeff Gaines <jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>Still a great performance seeing shes pushing 80 now!, soo much better
>>then wheeling old Macca out!..
>
> Or, God forbid, Cliff Richard.

He was on the 50s bus.

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<t7ogmi$san$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33557&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33557

From: harroga...@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 22:41:37 +0100
 by: Woody - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 21:41 UTC

On Tue 07/06/2022 19:32, Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
> On 5 Jun 2022 21:45:27 GMT, Jeff Gaines <jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>> Still a great performance seeing shes pushing 80 now!, soo much better
>>> then wheeling old Macca out!..
>>
>> Or, God forbid, Cliff Richard.
>
> He was on the 50s bus.

Yes, but that was a day later. Mind you at his age I would have expected
him to be tucked up in bed by 20h given the hard work he was going to
have to do the next day.

Hard work? Climbing the stairs on the ancient London bus.......

Re: Buck House Light hHow

<t7ps51$rb0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33572&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#33572

From: me...@privacy.invalid (NY)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 11:02:51 +0100
 by: NY - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 10:02 UTC

"Woody" <harrogate3@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> On Tue 07/06/2022 19:32, Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

>>> Or, God forbid, Cliff Richard.
>>
>> He was on the 50s bus.
>
> Yes, but that was a day later. Mind you at his age I would have expected
> him to be tucked up in bed by 20h given the hard work he was going to have
> to do the next day.
>
> Hard work? Climbing the stairs on the ancient London bus.......

How is it that Cliff Richard, in his 80s, looks like a man in his 30s who
has been inexpertly "aged" by Makeup? Some people are just born to look
eternally young.