It is very difficult to prophesy, especially when it pertains to the future.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Northwich man jailed after drink-driving and crashing car

SubjectAuthor
* Northwich man jailed after drink-driving and crashing carSimon Mason
+- TROLLING POST from May Sun (again): "Re: Northwich man jailed afterJNugent
`- Re: Northwich man jailed after drink-driving and crashing carSimon Mason

1
Northwich man jailed after drink-driving and crashing car

<5a84cc40-d341-4b06-88d4-eff694cca583n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33570&group=uk.rec.cycling#33570

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 07:58:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Northwich man jailed after drink-driving and crashing car
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 15:58 UTC

A NORTHWICH man has been jailed after stealing a family member's car and crashing it while more than three times the drink-drive limit.

Jonathan Bacegalupo, of Beech Lane, Barnton, appeared at Chester Magistrates Court on December 18 to be sentenced.

The 28-year-old had been due to learn his fate at Warrington Magistrates Court on December 1 but failed to turn up for the hearing.

A warrant was issued for his arrest and Bacegalupo was brought before magistrates in Chester on Monday when he was sentenced to a total of 12 weeks' imprisonment.
Recommended by

The court heard Bacegalupo had already admitted to stealing a family member's white BMW 1 Series on June 5 of this year.

He then drove the vehicle along the A49 in Weaverham without a licence or insurance.

A solicitor told the court Bacegalupo had driven the car 'at speed' before eventually crashing it into a skip lorry at a roundabout.

He did this whilst more than three times the drink drive limit. Bacegalupo was recorded as having 107 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, exceeding the limit of 35 microgrammes.

District judge John McGarva imposed a custodial sentence due to the nature and seriousness of the offence, the high alcohol reading, the breach of trust shown in the theft of a family member's car, and the significant damage done to the vehicle.

Bacegalupo was also banned from driving for three years, starting from the date his interim disqualification was imposed – November 16.

https://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/news/24002235.northwich-man-jailed-drink-driving-crashing-car/

TROLLING POST from May Sun (again): "Re: Northwich man jailed after drink-driving and crashing car"

<kulrukF1dlnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33571&group=uk.rec.cycling#33571

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: TROLLING POST from May Sun (again): "Re: Northwich man jailed after
drink-driving and crashing car"
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 16:31:15 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 16:31 UTC

On 22/12/2023 03:58 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A NORTHWICH man has been jailed after stealing a family member's car and crashing it while more than three times the drink-drive limit.
> Jonathan Bacegalupo, of Beech Lane, Barnton, appeared at Chester Magistrates Court on December 18 to be sentenced.
> The 28-year-old had been due to learn his fate at Warrington Magistrates Court on December 1 but failed to turn up for the hearing.
> A warrant was issued for his arrest and Bacegalupo was brought before magistrates in Chester on Monday when he was sentenced to a total of 12 weeks' imprisonment.
> Recommended by
> The court heard Bacegalupo had already admitted to stealing a family member's white BMW 1 Series on June 5 of this year.
> He then drove the vehicle along the A49 in Weaverham without a licence or insurance.
> A solicitor told the court Bacegalupo had driven the car 'at speed' before eventually crashing it into a skip lorry at a roundabout.
> He did this whilst more than three times the drink drive limit. Bacegalupo was recorded as having 107 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, exceeding the limit of 35 microgrammes.
> District judge John McGarva imposed a custodial sentence due to the nature and seriousness of the offence, the high alcohol reading, the breach of trust shown in the theft of a family member's car, and the significant damage done to the vehicle.
> Bacegalupo was also banned from driving for three years, starting from the date his interim disqualification was imposed – November 16.

> https://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/news/24002235.northwich-man-jailed-drink-driving-crashing-car/

That's the sort of thing Barnton used to be notorious for, I'm afraid.

But which chav was on the chav-bike?

Re: Northwich man jailed after drink-driving and crashing car

<2d41a63a-7c6e-428f-a67a-75bd3b7bde0dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33578&group=uk.rec.cycling#33578

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 09:06:06 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 17:06 UTC

QUOTE:
A solicitor told the court Bacegalupo had driven the car 'at speed' before eventually crashing it into a skip lorry at a roundabout.ENDS

Don't skips get painted with hi-vis colours?
What went wrong then?