From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: GMT Monday 14th February 2022.
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 11:57:41 -0000
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 11:57 UTC

Herbie wrote:
> Good morning from West Dorset.
> A bright, dry and breezy start today.
> The temperature is 5.9C. 42.6F>
> and a pressure of 1002mb.
>
> Take care and stay safe.
> Herbie.

Mornin' from a dry, bright but overcast day here in South Yorkshire.
It looks like BYT may be managing to penetrate the cloud sometime soon,
which hopefully will warm us all a tad more. Temperature out there is
currently 6.1�C (43.0�F) but feeling much more like 3�C (37.4�F) in the
15 mph wind from the WNW. Barometric pressure is climbing again after
reaching an overnight low of 987.8 mB and is up to 994.5 mB with RH
looking on at 83%. Forecast is for there to showers anytime during the
day but also a few sunny periods in the afternoon. Today' estimated
rainfall should total around 4 mm. Have a great day one and all.
Sootie's kennel bedding had been attacked again by morning and the
culprit is getting more selective. This time only the central piece,
that is the new floor covering which I place on top of the still
functional old, with the cushion in top. The lower floor covering and
cushion were both in place, but the new floor covering had been dragged
completely out of the kennel and left on the concrete about 2 m away
from the kennel. I just don't comprehend what is going on here. I know
everything was in the right place at midnight when Tabby left after
having her supper, but when I checked around 10 minutes after Sootie
had gone out the new carpet had been extracted. Anyone any logical
ideas?
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�22+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: GMT Monday 14th February 2022.

<sudllo$a2e$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3390&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3390

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 13:32:39 +0000
 by: Indy Jess John - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 13:32 UTC

On 14/02/2022 11:57, Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°22 + wrote:
> Herbie wrote:
>> Good morning from West Dorset.
>> A bright, dry and breezy start today.
>> The temperature is 5.9C. 42.6F>
>> and a pressure of 1002mb.
>>
>> Take care and stay safe.
>> Herbie.
>>

> Mornin' from a dry, bright but overcast day here in South Yorkshire.
> It looks like BYT may be managing to penetrate the cloud sometime soon,
> which hopefully will warm us all a tad more. Temperature out there is
> currently 6.1ºC (43.0ºF) but feeling much more like 3ºC (37.4ºF) in the
> 15 mph wind from the WNW. Barometric pressure is climbing again after
> reaching an overnight low of 987.8 mB and is up to 994.5 mB with RH
> looking on at 83%. Forecast is for there to showers anytime during the
> day but also a few sunny periods in the afternoon. Today' estimated
> rainfall should total around 4 mm. Have a great day one and all.
> Sootie's kennel bedding had been attacked again by morning and the
> culprit is getting more selective. This time only the central piece,
> that is the new floor covering which I place on top of the still
> functional old, with the cushion in top. The lower floor covering and
> cushion were both in place, but the new floor covering had been dragged
> completely out of the kennel and left on the concrete about 2 m away
> from the kennel. I just don't comprehend what is going on here. I know
> everything was in the right place at midnight when Tabby left after
> having her supper, but when I checked around 10 minutes after Sootie
> had gone out the new carpet had been extracted. Anyone any logical
> ideas?

A badger or a fox?

Can you fix up a camera with movement detection? Some IP CCTV cameras
can do that and then show the results on a computer or smartphone.

Jim

Re: GMT Monday 14th February 2022.

<sufu11$m1k$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3392&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3392

From: phawk...@totalise.co.uk (Peter Hawkins)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:07:29 +0000
 by: Peter Hawkins - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:07 UTC

On 14/02/2022 11:57, Flyi�g �u� 2�22 + wrote:
> Herbie wrote:
>> Good morning from West Dorset.
>> A bright, dry and breezy start today.
>> The temperature is 5.9C. 42.6F>
>> and a pressure of 1002mb.
>>
>> Take care and stay safe.
>> Herbie.
>>

> Mornin' from a dry, bright but overcast day here in South Yorkshire.
> It looks like BYT may be managing to penetrate the cloud sometime soon,
> which hopefully will warm us all a tad more. Temperature out there is
> currently 6.1ºC (43.0ºF) but feeling much more like 3ºC (37.4ºF) in the
> 15 mph wind from the WNW. Barometric pressure is climbing again after
> reaching an overnight low of 987.8 mB and is up to 994.5 mB with RH
> looking on at 83%. Forecast is for there to showers anytime during the
> day but also a few sunny periods in the afternoon. Today' estimated
> rainfall should total around 4 mm. Have a great day one and all.
> Sootie's kennel bedding had been attacked again by morning and the
> culprit is getting more selective. This time only the central piece,
> that is the new floor covering which I place on top of the still
> functional old, with the cushion in top. The lower floor covering and
> cushion were both in place, but the new floor covering had been dragged
> completely out of the kennel and left on the concrete about 2 m away
> from the kennel. I just don't comprehend what is going on here. I know
> everything was in the right place at midnight when Tabby left after
> having her supper, but when I checked around 10 minutes after Sootie
> had gone out the new carpet had been extracted. Anyone any logical
> ideas?

It could be a fox I guess. It seems quite persistent, if it is only one.
You could set up a camera with IR lights!

--
Sent from my laptop.

Re: GMT Monday 14th February 2022.

<j71htuFfirfU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3394&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3394

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 11:42:57 -0000
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 11:42 UTC

Peter Hawkins wrote:
> On 14/02/2022 11:57, Flyi?g ?u? 2?22 + wrote:
>> Herbie wrote:
>>> Good morning from West Dorset.
>>> A bright, dry and breezy start today.
>>> The temperature is 5.9C. 42.6F>
>>> and a pressure of 1002mb.
>>>
>>> Take care and stay safe.
>>> Herbie.
>>>

>> Mornin' from a dry, bright but overcast day here in South
>> Yorkshire. It looks like BYT may be managing to penetrate the cloud
>> sometime soon, which hopefully will warm us all a tad more.
>> Temperature out there is currently 6.1�C (43.0�F) but feeling much
>> more like 3�C (37.4�F) in the 15 mph wind from the WNW. Barometric
>> pressure is climbing again after reaching an overnight low of 987.8
>> mB and is up to 994.5 mB with RH looking on at 83%. Forecast is for
>> there to showers anytime during the day but also a few sunny periods
>> in the afternoon. Today' estimated rainfall should total around 4
>> mm. Have a great day one and all. Sootie's kennel bedding had
>> been attacked again by morning and the culprit is getting more
>> selective. This time only the central piece, that is the new floor
>> covering which I place on top of the still functional old, with the
>> cushion in top. The lower floor covering and cushion were both in
>> place, but the new floor covering had been dragged completely out
>> of the kennel and left on the concrete about 2 m away from the
>> kennel. I just don't comprehend what is going on here. I know
>> everything was in the right place at midnight when Tabby left after
>> having her supper, but when I checked around 10 minutes after
>> Sootie had gone out the new carpet had been extracted. Anyone any
>> logical ideas?
>
> It could be a fox I guess. It seems quite persistent, if it is only
> one. You could set up a camera with IR lights!

I'm taking the easy way out and when Sootie comes in at night I'm
blocking off the kennel's doorway with a cardboard box inside the
kennel. Let's see what happens next. I know already that we have
semi-resident foxes and at least one badger around.