HELP! Man trapped in a human body!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Driver jailed after hitting pedestrian

SubjectAuthor
* Driver jailed after hitting pedestrianSimon Mason
+- Re: Fully-unqualified chav-cyclist jailed after hitting pedestrianJNugent
+* Re: Driver jailed after hitting pedestrianSimon Mason
|`- Re: Driver jailed after hitting pedestrianJNugent
`- Re: Driver jailed after hitting pedestrianSimon Mason

1
Driver jailed after hitting pedestrian

<149b0c62-be9e-4d3c-bec5-18055ff9a0ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33938&group=uk.rec.cycling#33938

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 09:17:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Driver jailed after hitting pedestrian
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 17:17 UTC

A DRIVER who tried to escape from police by reversing a stolen van at high speed in Kingsteignton has been jailed after he lost control and hit a pedestrian.

Colin Cuddy stole the van from outside a hotel as its driver was delivering fruit and vegetables but was found inside it the next day by police, who thought they had boxed him in.

He escaped by reversing away and a brief chase ensued with the van in reverse being pursued by a police car heading in the right direction in Ley Lane, Kingsteignton.

Cuddy tried to turn into Robers Road but instead veered backwards onto a pavement and hit a customer who was heading into the Central Convenience store, causing a knee injury.

He was trying to get away because he was banned for driving, had no licence or insurance, and has already served one jail term for dangerous driving.

He had also stolen a wallet and a wedding ring which the driver had left in the van, which belonged to Newton Abbot-based BDF Fresh Produce.

Cuddy, aged 35, formerly of Barn Park Road, Teignmouth, but now homeless, admitted vehicle taking which was aggravated by dangerous driving and driving while disqualified and was jailed for ten months by Judge Stephen Climie at Exeter Crown Court.

He told him he hoped he would be able to break out of a cycle of offending and drug taking when he is released. He banned him from driving for three years.

Mr Paul Grumbar, prosecuting, said the Transit was stolen from outside a hotel in Torquay on November 4 last year and spotted by police in Ley Lane, Kingsteignton the next day.

He said: ‘A police car was positioned nose to nose to prevent him driving forward but the van reversed at speed down Ley Lane. The police activated their blue lights and pursued it.

‘The van reversed at speed for 100 metres and made a sharp turn going into Robers Road, mounting the pavement outside a convenience store where it collided with a pedestrian.

‘The police car blocked its exit and the van rammed the front of the police vehicle twice and came to a stop. Cuddy got over the passenger who was in the front seat but was arrested. He refused to leave his cell to be interviewed.’

Miss Felicity Payne, defending, said Cuddy had a poor criminal record but has succeeded in staying out of trouble when he has had a settled home and employment.

He told a probation officer he committed this offence because he wanted to go back to prison.

Mr Paul Grumbar, prosecuting, said the Transit was stolen from outside a hotel in Torquay on November 4 last year and spotted by police in Ley Lane, Kingsteignton the next day.

He said: ‘A police car was positioned nose to nose to prevent him driving forward but the van reversed at speed down Ley Lane. The police activated their blue lights and pursued it.

‘The van reversed at speed for 100 metres and made a sharp turn going into Robers Road, mounting the pavement outside a convenience store where it collided with a pedestrian.

‘The police car blocked its exit and the van rammed the front of the police vehicle twice and came to a stop. Cuddy got over the passenger who was in the front seat but was arrested. He refused to leave his cell to be interviewed.’

https://www.middevonadvertiser.co.uk/news/driver-jailed-after-hitting-pedestrian-659390

Re: Fully-unqualified chav-cyclist jailed after hitting pedestrian

<l03c5lFed92U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33942&group=uk.rec.cycling#33942

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Fully-unqualified chav-cyclist jailed after hitting pedestrian
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 22:44:05 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 22:44 UTC

On 08/01/2024 05:17 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A fully-unqualified chav-cyclist who tried to escape from police by reversing a stolen van at high speed in Kingsteignton has been jailed after he lost control and hit a pedestrian.
> Colin Cuddy *stole* the van from outside a hotel as its driver was delivering fruit and vegetables but was found inside it the next day by police, who thought they had boxed him in.
> He escaped by reversing away and a brief chase ensued with the van in reverse being pursued by a police car heading in the right direction in Ley Lane, Kingsteignton.
> Cuddy tried to turn into Robers Road but instead veered backwards onto a pavement and hit a customer who was heading into the Central Convenience store, causing a knee injury.
> He was trying to get away because he was banned for driving, had no licence or insurance, and has already served one jail term for dangerous driving.

IOW, all he is is a fully-unqualified chav-cyclist. He is fit for no
more than that (or a wheelbarrow).

> He had also stolen a wallet and a wedding ring which the driver had left in the van, which belonged to Newton Abbot-based BDF Fresh Produce.
> Cuddy, aged 35, formerly of Barn Park Road, Teignmouth, but now homeless, admitted vehicle taking which was aggravated by dangerous driving and driving while disqualified and was jailed for ten months by Judge Stephen Climie at Exeter Crown Court.
> He told him he hoped he would be able to break out of a cycle of offending and drug taking when he is released. He banned him from driving for three years.

He's going to be a fully-unqualified chav-cyclist for a while yet, then.

> Mr Paul Grumbar, prosecuting, said the Transit was stolen from outside a hotel in Torquay on November 4 last year and spotted by police in Ley Lane, Kingsteignton the next day.
> He said: ‘A police car was positioned nose to nose to prevent him driving forward but the van reversed at speed down Ley Lane. The police activated their blue lights and pursued it.
> ‘The van reversed at speed for 100 metres and made a sharp turn going into Robers Road, mounting the pavement outside a convenience store where it collided with a pedestrian.
> ‘The police car blocked its exit and the van rammed the front of the police vehicle twice and came to a stop. Cuddy got over the passenger who was in the front seat but was arrested. He refused to leave his cell to be interviewed.’
> Miss Felicity Payne, defending, said Cuddy had a poor criminal record but has succeeded in staying out of trouble when he has had a settled home and employment.
> He told a probation officer he committed this offence because he wanted to go back to prison.
> Mr Paul Grumbar, prosecuting, said the Transit was stolen from outside a hotel in Torquay on November 4 last year and spotted by police in Ley Lane, Kingsteignton the next day.
> He said: ‘A police car was positioned nose to nose to prevent him driving forward but the van reversed at speed down Ley Lane. The police activated their blue lights and pursued it.
> ‘The van reversed at speed for 100 metres and made a sharp turn going into Robers Road, mounting the pavement outside a convenience store where it collided with a pedestrian.
> ‘The police car blocked its exit and the van rammed the front of the police vehicle twice and came to a stop. Cuddy got over the passenger who was in the front seat but was arrested. He refused to leave his cell to be interviewed.’

Why the surprise?

That's the sort of respect for the law usually displayed by
fully-unqualified chav-cyclists.

> https://www.middevonadvertiser.co.uk/news/driver-jailed-after-hitting-pedestrian-659390

Re: Driver jailed after hitting pedestrian

<74fa477f-907c-439c-9014-f89efa282440n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33947&group=uk.rec.cycling#33947

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 01:18:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Driver jailed after hitting pedestrian
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 09:18 UTC

QUOTE:
Cuddy tried to turn into Robers Road but instead veered backwards onto a pavement and hit a customer who was heading into the Central Convenience store, causing a knee injury ENDS

Fake news - motorists never drive on pavements.

Re: Driver jailed after hitting pedestrian

<l0560bFosejU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33955&group=uk.rec.cycling#33955

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 15:11:09 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 15:11 UTC

On 09/01/2024 09:18 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE:
> Cuddy tried to turn into Robers Road but instead veered backwards onto a pavement and hit a customer who was heading into the Central Convenience store, causing a knee injury ENDS
>
> Fake news - motorists never drive on pavements.

It must have been the "pedestrian" who was on the chav-bike yes?

Re: Driver jailed after hitting pedestrian

<64ca04f0-c099-4f25-97cf-4bf97013ace0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=33958&group=uk.rec.cycling#33958

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 08:16:36 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 16:16 UTC

QUOTE: He told him he hoped he would be able to break out of a cycle of offending and drug taking when he is released. He banned him from driving for three years.ENDS

Will this extra three years get added to the ban he already has?
Anyone know what this adds up to?