From: man...@universe-trinti.lt (Mantas)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.vintage
Subject: Working with IBM PowerPC 6050
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 15:06:00 +0300
 by: Mantas - Mon, 3 May 2021 12:06 UTC

Hi,

I just bought a localised IBM PowerPC (the sticker says it's model 6050,
from 1996).
It has Lithuanian company Sigmanta branding, but it's an IBM with model M
keyboard (also rebranded and localised version).

When I first turned it on, it asked for a floppy disk. I entered console
(typed eatabug), tried c: and dir, but the directory was empty. Later it
no longer asks for a floppy, but boots from a HDD (I hear it working). It
boots to a black screen with green cursor, and nothing happens. Keyboard is
not responsive. If I push the power button, the power LED starts blinking,
HDD working and some time later it shuts down.

I have no experience with PowerPC computers, how do I do something with it,
like to see whats in the HDD, boot it to a GUI/command line, etc?

aus+uk / uk.comp.vintage / Working with IBM PowerPC 6050