I used to be disgusted, now I find I'm just amused. -- Elvis Costello

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Van driver caught speeding in village at 60mph gets fine and penalty points

SubjectAuthor
* Van driver caught speeding in village at 60mph gets fine and penalty pointsSimon Mason
+- ANOTHER TROLLING O-T POST by May Sun: "Van driver caught speeding in village at JNugent
`- Re: Van driver caught speeding in village at 60mph gets fine and penalty pointsSimon Mason

1
Van driver caught speeding in village at 60mph gets fine and penalty points

<03791da3-8699-4b3c-8e34-6a35573b7b21n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34043&group=uk.rec.cycling#34043

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 09:13:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Van driver caught speeding in village at 60mph gets fine and penalty points
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 17:13 UTC

Craige Douglas McGill, aged 45, was detected travelling at 60mph in a Ford Transit on the A470 at the village of Clatter, where the speed limit is 40mph.

His speed was recorded by a handheld laser device at 60mph at about 9am on June 4 last year, Carmarthenshire Magistrates Court heard on Wednesday this week.

The A470 connects Caersws with Machynlleth via Glantwymyn.

Mcgill, of Grove Crescent in Bridgnorth, pleaded guilty to a single count of driving over the speed limit, and was sentenced on Wednesday.

He was ordered to pay a fine of £80, a victim surcharge of £32 and £90 towards the cost of the prosecution. He must pay the total of £202 by February 7 this year.

His driving record was also endorsed with four points.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/crime/2024/01/12/van-driver-caught-speeding-in-village-at-60mph-gets-fine-and-penalty-points/

ANOTHER TROLLING O-T POST by May Sun: "Van driver caught speeding in village at 60mph gets fine and penalty points"

<l0futdFplquU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34045&group=uk.rec.cycling#34045

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: ANOTHER TROLLING O-T POST by May Sun: "Van driver caught speeding in
village at 60mph gets fine and penalty points"
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 17:17:33 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 17:17 UTC

On 13/01/2024 05:13 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> Craige Douglas McGill, aged 45, was detected travelling at 60mph in a Ford Transit on the A470 at the village of Clatter, where the speed limit is 40mph.
> His speed was recorded by a handheld laser device at 60mph at about 9am on June 4 last year, Carmarthenshire Magistrates Court heard on Wednesday this week.
> The A470 connects Caersws with Machynlleth via Glantwymyn.
> Mcgill, of Grove Crescent in Bridgnorth, pleaded guilty to a single count of driving over the speed limit, and was sentenced on Wednesday.
> He was ordered to pay a fine of £80, a victim surcharge of £32 and £90 towards the cost of the prosecution. He must pay the total of £202 by February 7 this year.
> His driving record was also endorsed with four points.
> https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/crime/2024/01/12/van-driver-caught-speeding-in-village-at-60mph-gets-fine-and-penalty-points/

What was the chav on the chav-bike doing?

Re: Van driver caught speeding in village at 60mph gets fine and penalty points

<6be8a08e-d682-41f5-a398-3db865182132n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34052&group=uk.rec.cycling#34052

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 13:12:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Van driver caught speeding in village at 60mph gets fine and
penalty points
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 21:12 UTC

QUOTE: Tourism is the primary employment sector with a range of activity based attractions (for example several mountain biking trails) as well as the visitor centre at the Centre for Alternative Technology. Agriculture continues to play a significant part in the make-up of the town and surrounding area. Another important local industry and employer is the renewable energy sector. The area has a renewable energy industry with several small to medium-sized companies operating in or around the town.[citation needed]

The town has a market on Wednesdays which includes traditional Welsh, Spanish and French food stalls.
Performance at the 2016 comedy festival

The town has hosted the Machynlleth Comedy Festival annually since May 2010, featuring comedians such as Jon Richardson, Pappy's, Josie Long, Stewart Lee and Richard Herring. The festival dominates the town for a weekend, with events running over three days in nine venues.[15]

Machynlleth lies on Glyndŵr's Way and the Dyfi Valley Way, two long-distance footpaths. ENDS

What was this chavscum driver doing in such an eco friendly town?
Won't his chavvy mates take the piss out of him?

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Van driver caught speeding in village at 60mph gets fine and penalty points