Rainy days and automatic weapons always get me down.

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: blind trust

SubjectAuthor
* blind trustMax
+* Re: blind trustDechucka
|`- Re: blind trustMountain Magpie
+* Re: blind trustSylvia Else
|`- Re: blind trustDechucka
+- Re: blind trustRod Speed
`* Re: blind trustFran
 `* Re: blind trustMountain Magpie
  `* Re: blind trustMax
   +- Re: blind trustMountain Magpie
   `* Re: blind trustFran
    `- Re: blind trustMountain Magpie

1
blind trust

<sib5dp$1fg4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3371&group=aus.legal#3371

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Subject: blind trust
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 09:27:49 +1000
 by: Max - Mon, 20 Sep 2021 23:27 UTC

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-21/blind-trust-christian-porter-resignation-cabinet-minister/100476236

It has been reported that Christian Porter used a blind trust to cover
part of his legal bills.

A blind trust is where the beneficiary of the trust doesn't know the
source of the money used to administer the trust.

Christain Porter had resigned to the backbench because of this.

But what people don't know is that Kevin Rudd had a blind trust:

https://amp.smh.com.au/national/rudds-blind-trust-takes-control-of-share-trades-20070624-gdqglb.html

Blind trusts are actually a good way for politicians to avoid a conflict
of interest. They can receive money but not be influenced by it because
they don't know the source of the money.

If it was good enough for Kevin Rudd, why isn't it good enough for
Christian Porter?

Re: blind trust

<CcKdnTIDLLy2g9T8nZ2dnUU7-bfNnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3372&group=aus.legal#3372

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 09:50:02 +1000
Subject: Re: blind trust
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
 by: Dechucka - Mon, 20 Sep 2021 23:50 UTC

On 21/09/2021 9:27 am, Max wrote:
> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-21/blind-trust-christian-porter-resignation-cabinet-minister/100476236
>

> It has been reported that Christian Porter used a blind trust to cover
> part of his legal bills.
>
> A blind trust is where the beneficiary of the trust doesn't know the
> source of the money used to administer the trust.

No it isn't read your cite. Apart from anything else Porter knows where
the money came from *Palmer?) but won't disclose it. Legal yes but
transparent no and does not pass SloMo's pub test, as a minister or
back-bencher.

> Christian Porter had resigned to the backbench because of this.
>
> But what people don't know is that Kevin Rudd had a blind trust:
>
> https://amp.smh.com.au/national/rudds-blind-trust-takes-control-of-share-trades-20070624-gdqglb.html
>

> Blind trusts are actually a good way for politicians to avoid a conflict
> of interest.  They can receive money but not be influenced by it because
> they don't know the source of the money.

The difference is that the money in Rudd's Blind Trust is his money and
the reason for setting it up is so investment decisions are out of his
hands so there can be no conflict of interest. Most/many politicians
would have Blind Trusts with their OWN money.

> If it was good enough for Kevin Rudd, why isn't it good enough for
> Christian Porter?

As they are totally different situations it is irrelevant.
Calling the Porter situation a 'blind trust'is just a way to trick the
feeble minder into thinking the payment has some legitimacy.

Re: blind trust

<iqsl5pFe0r4U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3373&group=aus.legal#3373

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 09:52:23 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Mon, 20 Sep 2021 23:52 UTC

On 21-Sep-21 9:27 am, Max wrote:
> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-21/blind-trust-christian-porter-resignation-cabinet-minister/100476236
>

> It has been reported that Christian Porter used a blind trust to cover
> part of his legal bills.
>
> A blind trust is where the beneficiary of the trust doesn't know the
> source of the money used to administer the trust.
>
> Christain Porter had resigned to the backbench because of this.
>
> But what people don't know is that Kevin Rudd had a blind trust:
>
> https://amp.smh.com.au/national/rudds-blind-trust-takes-control-of-share-trades-20070624-gdqglb.html
>

> Blind trusts are actually a good way for politicians to avoid a conflict
> of interest.  They can receive money but not be influenced by it because
> they don't know the source of the money.
>
> If it was good enough for Kevin Rudd, why isn't it good enough for
> Christian Porter?

One question is how blind the trust really is. If someone tells Porter
"You're a good mate, I'll pay $100,000 into your blind trust," and then
$100,000 appears in it, Porter could claim that he doesn't know where
the money came from, when he really does.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting that this has happened, but it could,
meaning that a blind trust is not necessarily that blind.

Sylvia.

Re: blind trust

<Z8WdncviJ64WvdT8nZ2dnUU7-UWdnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3377&group=aus.legal#3377

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 10:00:11 +1000
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
 by: Dechucka - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 00:00 UTC

On 21/09/2021 9:52 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 21-Sep-21 9:27 am, Max wrote:
>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-21/blind-trust-christian-porter-resignation-cabinet-minister/100476236
>>

>> It has been reported that Christian Porter used a blind trust to cover
>> part of his legal bills.
>>
>> A blind trust is where the beneficiary of the trust doesn't know the
>> source of the money used to administer the trust.
>>
>> Christain Porter had resigned to the backbench because of this.
>>
>> But what people don't know is that Kevin Rudd had a blind trust:
>>
>> https://amp.smh.com.au/national/rudds-blind-trust-takes-control-of-share-trades-20070624-gdqglb.html
>>

>> Blind trusts are actually a good way for politicians to avoid a
>> conflict of interest.  They can receive money but not be influenced by
>> it because they don't know the source of the money.
>>
>> If it was good enough for Kevin Rudd, why isn't it good enough for
>> Christian Porter?
>
> One question is how blind the trust really is.

It isn't a blind trust by def'n

snip

Re: blind trust

<iqslqdFe482U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3378&group=aus.legal#3378

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 10:03:22 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 00:03 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-21/blind-trust-christian-porter-resignation-cabinet-minister/100476236

> It has been reported that Christian Porter used a blind trust to cover
> part of his legal bills.

> A blind trust is where the beneficiary of the trust doesn't know the
> source of the money used to administer the trust.

> Christain Porter had resigned to the backbench because of this.

Because using a blind trust conflicts with the ministerial requirements.

> But what people don't know is that Kevin Rudd had a blind trust:

But that didn’t conflict with the ministerial requirements at the time.

> https://amp.smh.com.au/national/rudds-blind-trust-takes-control-of-share-trades-20070624-gdqglb.html

> Blind trusts are actually a good way for politicians to avoid a conflict
> of interest.

Yes, and Turdbull had one too.

> They can receive money but not be influenced by it because they don't know
> the source of the money.

> If it was good enough for Kevin Rudd, why isn't it good enough for
> Christian Porter?

Because the ministerial requirements changed.

And Porter's had nothing to do with moving his investments to one.

Re: blind trust

<iqsm7lFe1f9U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3380&group=aus.legal#3380

From: Leu...@blue.mountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 00:00:58 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 00:00 UTC

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 09:50:02 +1000, Dechucka
(Walter.Mitty.Farmer@not.a.farmer.but.a.liar) posted:-

> No it isn't read your cite. Apart from anything else Porter knows
> where the money came from *Palmer?) but won't disclose it. Legal yes
> but transparent no and does not pass SloMo's pub test, as a minister
> or back-bencher.

Utter bullshit from a bullshitter who claims to be a "farmer" ROFLMAO.

Pull that out of your arse, as usual?

Re: blind trust

<sibmf5$f2e$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3400&group=aus.legal#3400

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:18:43 +1000
 by: Fran - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 04:18 UTC

On 21/09/2021 9:27 am, Max wrote:
> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-21/blind-trust-christian-porter-resignation-cabinet-minister/100476236
>

> It has been reported that Christian Porter used a blind trust to cover
> part of his legal bills.
>
> A blind trust is where the beneficiary of the trust doesn't know the
> source of the money used to administer the trust.
>
> Christain Porter had resigned to the backbench because of this.
>
> But what people don't know is that Kevin Rudd had a blind trust:
>
> https://amp.smh.com.au/national/rudds-blind-trust-takes-control-of-share-trades-20070624-gdqglb.html
>

> Blind trusts are actually a good way for politicians to avoid a conflict
> of interest.  They can receive money but not be influenced by it because
> they don't know the source of the money.
>
> If it was good enough for Kevin Rudd, why isn't it good enough for
> Christian Porter?

Because that truly was a blind trust an dused to take care of normal
money making activities.

With Porter's payment of legal fees, we only have Porter's word that
it's a blind trust. And Sam Dastyari was given money to pay for HIS
legal fees and got hounded out of Parliament by the LNP and he gave a
name for the donor to his fees. If Dastyari had to go after declaring
who gave him money, then Porter, who says he doesn't know, should go too.

Re: blind trust

<iqt73uFh197U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3405&group=aus.legal#3405

From: Leu...@blue.mountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 04:55:51 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 04:55 UTC

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:18:43 +1000, Fran Sockpuppet
(cant.think.for.myself@loser.sockpuppet.com) posted:-

> On 21/09/2021 9:27 am, Max wrote:
> > https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-21/blind-trust-christian-porter-resignation-cabinet-minister/100476236
> >

> > It has been reported that Christian Porter used a blind trust to
> > cover part of his legal bills.
> >
> > A blind trust is where the beneficiary of the trust doesn't know
> > the source of the money used to administer the trust.
> >
> > Christain Porter had resigned to the backbench because of this.
> >
> > But what people don't know is that Kevin Rudd had a blind trust:
> >
> > https://amp.smh.com.au/national/rudds-blind-trust-takes-control-of-share-trades-20070624-gdqglb.html
> >

> > Blind trusts are actually a good way for politicians to avoid a
> > conflict of interest.  They can receive money but not be influenced
> > by it because they don't know the source of the money.
> >
> > If it was good enough for Kevin Rudd, why isn't it good enough for
> > Christian Porter?
>
> Because that truly was a blind trust an dused to take care of normal
> money making activities.
>
> With Porter's payment of legal fees, we only have Porter's word that
> it's a blind trust. And Sam Dastyari was given money to pay for HIS
> legal fees and got hounded out of Parliament by the LNP and he gave a
> name for the donor to his fees. If Dastyari had to go after
> declaring who gave him money, then Porter, who says he doesn't know,
> should go too.

Bullshit. Politics is not a "what should". Only woke losers like you
believe in "what should" Typical left wing "the world owes me a
living" response from sock puppet Fran.

Re: blind trust

<sibrcc$60e$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3406&group=aus.legal#3406

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 15:42:33 +1000
 by: Max - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 05:42 UTC

On 21/09/2021 2:55 pm, Mountain Magpie wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:18:43 +1000, Fran Sockpuppet
> (cant.think.for.myself@loser.sockpuppet.com) posted:-
>
>> On 21/09/2021 9:27 am, Max wrote:
>>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-21/blind-trust-christian-porter-resignation-cabinet-minister/100476236
>>>

>>> It has been reported that Christian Porter used a blind trust to
>>> cover part of his legal bills.
>>>
>>> A blind trust is where the beneficiary of the trust doesn't know
>>> the source of the money used to administer the trust.
>>>
>>> Christain Porter had resigned to the backbench because of this.
>>>
>>> But what people don't know is that Kevin Rudd had a blind trust:
>>>
>>> https://amp.smh.com.au/national/rudds-blind-trust-takes-control-of-share-trades-20070624-gdqglb.html
>>>

>>> Blind trusts are actually a good way for politicians to avoid a
>>> conflict of interest.  They can receive money but not be influenced
>>> by it because they don't know the source of the money.
>>>
>>> If it was good enough for Kevin Rudd, why isn't it good enough for
>>> Christian Porter?
>>
>> Because that truly was a blind trust an dused to take care of normal
>> money making activities.
>>
>> With Porter's payment of legal fees, we only have Porter's word that
>> it's a blind trust. And Sam Dastyari was given money to pay for HIS
>> legal fees and got hounded out of Parliament by the LNP and he gave a
>> name for the donor to his fees. If Dastyari had to go after
>> declaring who gave him money, then Porter, who says he doesn't know,
>> should go too.
>
> Bullshit. Politics is not a "what should". Only woke losers like you
> believe in "what should" Typical left wing "the world owes me a
> living" response from sock puppet Fran.

Why are you saying she is a "sock puppet"? Does that mean she posts
under different names?

Re: blind trust

<iqtbscFhsruU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3408&group=aus.legal#3408

From: Leu...@blue.mountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 06:15:45 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 06:15 UTC

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 15:42:33 +1000, Max posted:-

> On 21/09/2021 2:55 pm, Mountain Magpie wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:18:43 +1000, Fran Sockpuppet
> > (cant.think.for.myself@loser.sockpuppet.com) posted:-

> >> Because that truly was a blind trust an dused to take care of
> >> normal money making activities.
> >>
> >> With Porter's payment of legal fees, we only have Porter's word
> >> that it's a blind trust. And Sam Dastyari was given money to pay
> >> for HIS legal fees and got hounded out of Parliament by the LNP
> >> and he gave a name for the donor to his fees. If Dastyari had to
> >> go after declaring who gave him money, then Porter, who says he
> >> doesn't know, should go too.
> >
> > Bullshit. Politics is not a "what should". Only woke losers like
> > you believe in "what should" Typical left wing "the world owes me a
> > living" response from sock puppet Fran.
> >

> Why are you saying she is a "sock puppet"? Does that mean she posts
> under different names?

Sock puppet for Dead Fucka and Wog Dog, agrees with whatever they say,
like Shorten & Gillard. "I don't know what she said, but I agree with
it".

Re: blind trust

<sidr0p$o34$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3414&group=aus.legal#3414

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 09:48:38 +1000
 by: Fran - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 23:48 UTC

On 21/09/2021 3:42 pm, Max wrote:
> On 21/09/2021 2:55 pm, Mountain Magpie wrote:
>> On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:18:43 +1000, Fran Sockpuppet
>> (cant.think.for.myself@loser.sockpuppet.com) posted:-

>>> Because that truly was a blind trust an dused to take care of normal
>>> money making activities.
>>>
>>> With Porter's payment of legal fees, we only have Porter's word that
>>> it's a blind trust.  And Sam Dastyari was given money to pay for HIS
>>> legal fees and got hounded out of Parliament by the LNP and he gave a
>>> name for the donor to his fees.  If Dastyari had to go after
>>> declaring who gave him money, then Porter, who says he doesn't know,
>>> should go too.
>>
>> Bullshit.  Politics is not a "what should".  Only woke losers like you
>> believe in "what should"  Typical left wing "the world owes me a
>> living" response from sock puppet Fran.
>>

> Why are you saying she is a "sock puppet"?  Does that mean she posts
> under different names?

"Mountain Magpie" (it's current [and no doubt, very temporary] nym) is
just a sad loon who is desperate for attention. Each time he nym
shifts, I drop him into my killfile. He nym shifts a lot. He's a troll.

God know why it calls me a sock puppet but it's not particularly bright
and it HATES being ignored and constantly killfiled. It nym shifts
constantly but within only days it's new identity becomes obvious and
it's identified as being the usual LNP troll and yet again that nym gets
put into the Bozo Bin.

BTW, I don't use socks. I don't post under ANY name other than the one
you see I've used for this post. The LNP troll has issues.

Re: blind trust

<iqvj6iFhckU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3416&group=aus.legal#3416

From: Leu...@blue.mountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 02:36:52 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 02:36 UTC

On Wed, 22 Sep 2021 09:48:38 +1000, Fran posted:-

> > Why are you saying she is a "sock puppet"?  Does that mean she
> > posts under different names?
>
> "Mountain Magpie" (it's current [and no doubt, very temporary] nym)
> is just a sad loon who is desperate for attention. Each time he nym
> shifts, I drop him into my killfile. He nym shifts a lot. He's a
> troll.

Love it when that elitist troll and sock puppet Fran rushes to defend
herself. "Thinking she does protest too much" comes to mind.

ROFLMAO! Proves my case! She is Wog Dogs Dog.