"We don't have to protect the environment -- the Second Coming is at hand." -- James Watt

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Dangerous driver jailed after multiple collision in Leamington

SubjectAuthor
* Dangerous driver jailed after multiple collision in LeamingtonSimon Mason
+- Re: Dangerous driver jailed after multiple collision in LeamingtonJNugent
`- Re: Dangerous driver jailed after multiple collision in LeamingtonSimon Mason

1
Dangerous driver jailed after multiple collision in Leamington

<66a53dcf-e37b-4b50-bbf4-789b128bce91n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34165&group=uk.rec.cycling#34165

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 10:34:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Dangerous driver jailed after multiple collision in Leamington
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 18:34 UTC

Johnny Bradley, 36, of Cumberland Crescent, Leamington has been jailed after the car he was driving collided several times into street furniture in the town.

In the early hours of 10 September 2023 Warwickshire Police received numerous reports of a car being driven erratically in Leamington and that it had collided several times into street furniture.

The car had driven through a red light at speed and at one point narrowly missed colliding with a pedestrian when Bradley lost control of the vehicle.

When officers located the car in Helen’s Road, they found it had lost its front bumper, nearside tyre and nearside lights. They saw sparks coming from the car as they approached it

After stopping the vehicle Bradley got out and officers reported he smelt of alcohol, his eyes were glazed over and he was unsteady on his feet. They arrested him on suspicion of drink driving. Once in custody he refused to provide a specimen.

Bradley had sustained injuries and was taken to hospital. While there with officers he was warned numerous times for swearing loudly in the waiting area. Despite these warning he continued and he was arrested for committing a public order offence.

At Warwick Crown Court Monday (15 January) Bradley was sentenced to 14 months in imprisonment and was disqualified from driving for 30 months, after he pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, failing to provide a specimen and using abusive words likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

PC Sadie Shearsby commented: “Bradley has driven in a brazen manner that put himself, other road users and pedestrians in danger. This could easily have ended badly, and I’m pleased nobody else was hurt during this episode.”

https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/news/warwickshire/news/2024/january/dangerous-driver-jailed-after-multiple-collision-in-leamington/

Re: Dangerous driver jailed after multiple collision in Leamington

<l0t0ecFi09qU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34201&group=uk.rec.cycling#34201

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 16:03:24 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 16:03 UTC

On 17/01/2024 06:34 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> Johnny Bradley, 36, of Cumberland Crescent, Leamington has been jailed after the car he was driving collided several times into street furniture in the town.
> In the early hours of 10 September 2023 Warwickshire Police received numerous reports of a car being driven erratically in Leamington and that it had collided several times into street furniture.
> The car had driven through a red light at speed and at one point narrowly missed colliding with a pedestrian when Bradley lost control of the vehicle.
> When officers located the car in Helen’s Road, they found it had lost its front bumper, nearside tyre and nearside lights. They saw sparks coming from the car as they approached it
> After stopping the vehicle Bradley got out and officers reported he smelt of alcohol, his eyes were glazed over and he was unsteady on his feet. They arrested him on suspicion of drink driving. Once in custody he refused to provide a specimen.
> Bradley had sustained injuries and was taken to hospital. While there with officers he was warned numerous times for swearing loudly in the waiting area. Despite these warning he continued and he was arrested for committing a public order offence.
> At Warwick Crown Court Monday (15 January) Bradley was sentenced to 14 months in imprisonment and was disqualified from driving for 30 months, after he pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, failing to provide a specimen and using abusive words likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

He'll be happier on a chav-bike.

No-one expects their behaviour to be any better, after all, and with
good reason.

> PC Sadie Shearsby commented: “Bradley has driven in a brazen manner that put himself, other road users and pedestrians* in danger. This could easily have ended badly, and I’m pleased nobody else was hurt during this episode.”
>
> https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/news/warwickshire/news/2024/january/dangerous-driver-jailed-after-multiple-collision-in-leamington/

[* Do the Warwickshire Police not regard pedestrians as road-users?]

Re: Dangerous driver jailed after multiple collision in Leamington

<5b22c9af-0a4c-4994-8d7d-d7639442e87dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34206&group=uk.rec.cycling#34206

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 09:09:27 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 18 Jan 2024 17:09 UTC

QUOTE: The car had driven through a red light at speed and at one point narrowly missed colliding with a pedestrian when Bradley lost control of the vehicle. ENDS

Why mention the driver *nearly* colliding with a pedestrian?
Are they taking notice of "near misses" now?
Progress at last - it's an industry standard.

https://www.globalfleet.com/sites/default/files/image1.jpg.png