Byte your tongue.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Milton Keynes driver jailed after killing cyclist in crash

SubjectAuthor
* Milton Keynes driver jailed after killing cyclist in crashSimon Mason
+* MORE May Sun "INNACURACY": "Milton Keynes NOT driver jailed after killing cyclisJNugent
|`- Re: MORE May Sun "INNACURACY": "Milton Keynes NOT driver jailed after killing cyJNugent
+* Re: Milton Keynes driver jailed after killing cyclist in crashSimon Mason
|`- TROLL POST Y May Sun: "Milton Keynes driver jailed after killing cyclist in crasJNugent
`- Re: Milton Keynes driver jailed after killing cyclist in crashSimon Mason

1
Milton Keynes driver jailed after killing cyclist in crash

<37fc5887-aa38-4e1a-8bb7-cf8c4b0db03fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34255&group=uk.rec.cycling#34255

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 08:11:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Milton Keynes driver jailed after killing cyclist in crash
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 16:11 UTC

An 87-year-old driver who twice collided with a motorcyclist has been sentenced for causing the man's death.

Ross Goulding, 24, died shortly after the crash in Milton Keynes on 16 June 2021.

Roderick Hamilton, of Chalkdell Drive, Shenley Wood, Milton Keynes, was found guilty of dangerous driving and causing death by dangerous driving.

He was given a two-year prison sentence at Aylesbury Crown Court on Thursday, but suspended for two years.

"This was a tragic incident in which a young man lost his life, made worse by the driver, Roderick Hamilton, refusing to take any responsibility for causing the collision and showing no remorse throughout," said Sgt Ed Crofts, the investigating officer from Thames Valley Police.

Anne-Marie Goulding, his mother, said in a statement: "Losing a loved one so suddenly is a horrendous experience - losing two in very similar circumstances has been almost impossible to reconcile with."

Mr Goulding's father, Shane, was also killed in a road crash while riding his motorbike in 2014.

Officers said Hamilton, driving a Jaguar XJ Sovereign, failed to see the Honda motorcycle on the V8 Marlborough Street dual carriageway when he pulled out from a central reservation crossing at about 19:15 BST.

Mr Goulding, who was from the town, was knocked off his bike onto the road.

Hamilton then reversed back up the slip road towards the carriageway, colliding again with Mr Goulding when he was lying in the road, police said.

A jury found the defendant guilty by a unanimous verdict and the judge also disqualified Hamilton from driving for five years.

Sgt Crofts said the judge would have imposed a three-year jail sentence, but reduced the severity because of his "failing health, age and limited capacity".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-68035107

MORE May Sun "INNACURACY": "Milton Keynes NOT driver jailed after killing cyclist in crash"

<l12ajdFiisaU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34260&group=uk.rec.cycling#34260

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: MORE May Sun "INNACURACY": "Milton Keynes NOT driver jailed after
killing cyclist in crash"
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 16:27:26 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 16:27 UTC

On 20/01/2024 04:11 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> An 87-year-old driver who twice collided with a motorcyclist has been sentenced for causing the man's death.
> Ross Goulding, 24, died shortly after the crash in Milton Keynes on 16 June 2021.
> Roderick Hamilton, of Chalkdell Drive, Shenley Wood, Milton Keynes, was found guilty of dangerous driving and causing death by dangerous driving.
> He was given a two-year prison sentence at Aylesbury Crown Court on Thursday, but suspended for two years.

So he was NOT "jailed".

He is not in jail.

> "This was a tragic incident in which a young man lost his life, made worse by the driver, Roderick Hamilton, refusing to take any responsibility for causing the collision and showing no remorse throughout," said Sgt Ed Crofts, the investigating officer from Thames Valley Police.
> Anne-Marie Goulding, his mother, said in a statement: "Losing a loved one so suddenly is a horrendous experience - losing two in very similar circumstances has been almost impossible to reconcile with."
> Mr Goulding's father, Shane, was also killed in a road crash while riding his motorbike in 2014.
> Officers said Hamilton, driving a Jaguar XJ Sovereign, failed to see the Honda motorcycle on the V8 Marlborough Street dual carriageway when he pulled out from a central reservation crossing at about 19:15 BST.
> Mr Goulding, who was from the town, was knocked off his bike onto the road.
> Hamilton then reversed back up the slip road towards the carriageway, colliding again with Mr Goulding when he was lying in the road, police said.
> A jury found the defendant guilty by a unanimous verdict and the judge also disqualified Hamilton from driving for five years.
> Sgt Crofts said the judge would have imposed a three-year jail sentence, but reduced the severity because of his "failing health, age and limited capacity".

How can Sgt Crofts know that?

I ask only out of interest.

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-68035107

Re: MORE May Sun "INNACURACY": "Milton Keynes NOT driver jailed after killing cyclist in crash"

<l12b1iFiomhU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34262&group=uk.rec.cycling#34262

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
killing cyclist in crash"
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 16:34:58 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 16:34 UTC

On 20/01/2024 04:27 pm, JNugent wrote:
> On 20/01/2024 04:11 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
>
>> An 87-year-old driver who twice collided with a motorcyclist has been
>> sentenced for causing the man's death.
>> Ross Goulding, 24, died shortly after the crash in Milton Keynes on 16
>> June 2021.
>> Roderick Hamilton, of Chalkdell Drive, Shenley Wood, Milton Keynes,
>> was found guilty of dangerous driving and causing death by dangerous
>> driving.
>> He was given a two-year prison sentence at Aylesbury Crown Court on
>> Thursday, but suspended for two years.
>
> So he was NOT "jailed".
>
> He is not in jail.
>
>> "This was a tragic incident in which a young man lost his life, made
>> worse by the driver, Roderick Hamilton, refusing to take any
>> responsibility for causing the collision and showing no remorse
>> throughout," said Sgt Ed Crofts, the investigating officer from Thames
>> Valley Police.
>> Anne-Marie Goulding, his mother, said in a statement: "Losing a loved
>> one so suddenly is a horrendous experience - losing two in very
>> similar circumstances has been almost impossible to reconcile with."
>> Mr Goulding's father, Shane, was also killed in a road crash while
>> riding his motorbike in 2014.
>> Officers said Hamilton, driving a Jaguar XJ Sovereign, failed to see
>> the Honda motorcycle on the V8 Marlborough Street dual carriageway
>> when he pulled out from a central reservation crossing at about 19:15
>> BST.
>> Mr Goulding, who was from the town, was knocked off his bike onto the
>> road.
>> Hamilton then reversed back up the slip road towards the carriageway,
>> colliding again with Mr Goulding when he was lying in the road, police
>> said.
>> A jury found the defendant guilty by a unanimous verdict and the judge
>> also disqualified Hamilton from driving for five years.
>> Sgt Crofts said the judge would have imposed a three-year jail
>> sentence, but reduced the severity because of his "failing health, age
>> and limited capacity".
>
> How can Sgt Crofts know that?
>
> I ask only out of interest.
>
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-68035107

Ouch!

Memo to self - don't try to touch type.

"INACCURACY"! :-)

Re: Milton Keynes driver jailed after killing cyclist in crash

<bd60d458-a1a6-4df5-ad06-35f9f610d217n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34273&group=uk.rec.cycling#34273

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 12:00:52 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 20:00 UTC

QUOTE: Mr Goulding, who was from the town, was knocked off his bike onto the road. Hamilton then reversed back up the slip road towards the carriageway, colliding again with Mr Goulding when he was lying in the road, police said. ENDS

Went back for another try? No wonder he was jailed.
Scum.

TROLL POST Y May Sun: "Milton Keynes driver jailed after killing cyclist in crash"

<l12qgoFlh5eU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34280&group=uk.rec.cycling#34280

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: TROLL POST Y May Sun: "Milton Keynes driver jailed after killing
cyclist in crash"
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 20:59:04 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 20:59 UTC

On 20/01/2024 08:00 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Mr Goulding, who was from the town, was knocked off his bike onto the road. Hamilton then reversed back up the slip road towards the carriageway, colliding again with Mr Goulding when he was lying in the road, police said. ENDS
>
> Went back for another try? No wonder he was jailed.

---------Scum.

Nice signature for a troll.

Re: Milton Keynes driver jailed after killing cyclist in crash

<619170cc-f871-45a0-8263-7b6e125dcb8an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34285&group=uk.rec.cycling#34285

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 21:34:23 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 05:34 UTC

QUOTE: Roderick Hamilton, of Chalkdell Drive, Shenley Wood, Milton Keynes, was found guilty of dangerous driving and causing death by dangerous driving. ENDS

"Dangerous"?
Did his Mr Arsehole fail with the "careless" wriggle?
What a shame!