From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Beware of the latest NHS Scam
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 12:57:23 +0000
 by: Indy Jess John - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 12:57 UTC

I have received an e-mail with the subject
(N.H.S-Official-Notification) NHS has generated a new COVID-19 Passport.
Claim your COVID Passport online. ID:NHS-I9XKLOS77M

It claims to be from National Health Service Notification News but the
header shows this as "info72185.8296734118@"

The text looks like a genuine communication. I am invited to apply for
the latest COVID-19 travel certificate, covering travel throughout
Europe without requiring tests or quarantine. I am asked to accept or
decline the invitation to obtain one by clicking a link which shows as
<< NHS.UK - ACCEPT or decline Invitation > >

That link goes to a sub-directory of what looks like a genuine Online
Insurance broker (American, the IP address revealed by TraceRt is in
California), although a number of links on the site which might give
more detailed information returned a 404, Page not found, error. I don't
know whether this is a genuine company that has been hacked or a fake
designed to harvest e-mail addresses for more victims.

Whatever the target is, it is certainly not:
"The team at NHS

Copyright © 2022 NHS Crown , All rights reserved."

Don't be fooled by it if you receive one like this.

Jim

Re: Beware of the latest NHS Scam

<suqlsm$61g$1@amos-jones.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3430&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3430

From: amos-jo...@outlook.com (Ray)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: Beware of the latest NHS Scam
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 11:56:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ray - Sat, 19 Feb 2022 11:56 UTC

On 18 Feb 2022 at 12:57:23 GMT, "Indy Jess John"
<bathwatchdog@OMITTHISgooglemail.com> wrote:

> I have received an e-mail with the subject
> (N.H.S-Official-Notification) NHS has generated a new COVID-19 Passport.
> Claim your COVID Passport online. ID:NHS-I9XKLOS77M

Have they also offered to fix your roof after Eunice stole some of your tiles?
Asking for a friend.

--
A celebrity is a person who is known for his well-knownness.

aus+uk / uk.people.silversurfers / Re: Beware of the latest NHS Scam