From: aero.sp...@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: [Cycling] Unattractive to females
Date: 22 Jan 2024 09:44:38 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 09:44 UTC

From the National Travel Attitudes Study:

29 per cent of females also said they didn’t feel confident enough in their
cycling skills (compared to just 12 per cent of men), while 32 per cent of
women surveyed – and 28 per cent overall – said having children,
passengers, or too much to carry prevented them from cycling regularly.

36 per cent also said that poor weather stopped them from riding a bike,
while a third of respondents claimed to live too far away “from where I
need to get to” to cycle.

--
Spike

Re: [Cycling] Unattractive to females

<l17bq2Fh0jjU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34329&group=uk.rec.cycling#34329

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: [Cycling] Unattractive to females
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 14:18:42 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 14:18 UTC

On 22/01/2024 09:44 am, Spike wrote:

> From the National Travel Attitudes Study:
>
> 29 per cent of females also said they didn’t feel confident enough in their
> cycling skills (compared to just 12 per cent of men), while 32 per cent of
> women surveyed – and 28 per cent overall – said having children,
> passengers, or too much to carry prevented them from cycling regularly.
>
> 36 per cent also said that poor weather stopped them from riding a bike,
> while a third of respondents claimed to live too far away “from where I
> need to get to” to cycle.

Is chav-cycling the nearest thing we yet have to a male contraceptive?

Re: [Cycling] Unattractive to females

<l17l1bFimngU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34337&group=uk.rec.cycling#34337

From: aero.sp...@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 22 Jan 2024 16:56:11 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 16:56 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 22/01/2024 09:44 am, Spike wrote:
>>
>> From the National Travel Attitudes Study:
>>
>> 29 per cent of females also said they didn’t feel confident enough in their
>> cycling skills (compared to just 12 per cent of men), while 32 per cent of
>> women surveyed – and 28 per cent overall – said having children,
>> passengers, or too much to carry prevented them from cycling regularly.
>>
>> 36 per cent also said that poor weather stopped them from riding a bike,
>> while a third of respondents claimed to live too far away “from where I
>> need to get to” to cycle.

> Is chav-cycling the nearest thing we yet have to a male contraceptive?

LOL!

--
Spike