I'll give you a definite maybe. -Samuel Goldwyn

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / I love my Hayabusa

SubjectAuthor
* I love my HayabusaChamp
+- I love my HayabusaMark Olson
`* I love my HayabusaYTC#1
 `* I love my HayabusaAce
  +* I love my HayabusaYTC#1
  |+- I love my HayabusaChrisND @UKRM
  |+* I love my HayabusaChamp
  ||+* I love my HayabusaYTC#1
  |||+- I love my HayabusaBoots
  |||+* I love my HayabusaChamp
  |||+* I love my Hayabusasiwilson
  |||+* I love my HayabusaAce
  |||+* I love my Hayabusasweller
  |||+* I love my Hayabusawessie
  |||+* I love my HayabusaMike Fleming
  |||+- I love my Hayabusapetrolcan
  |||+- I love my HayabusaGyp
  |||+- I love my HayabusaAndy Burns
  |||`- I love my HayabusaHog
  ||`- I love my HayabusaHog
  |`* I love my Hayabusawessie
  | `- I love my HayabusaYTC#1
  +* I love my HayabusaChamp
  |`* I love my HayabusaYTC#1
  | +* I love my HayabusaAce
  | |+- I love my HayabusaYTC#1
  | |+* I love my Hayabusawessie
  | ||`- I love my HayabusaYTC#1
  | |+- I love my Hayabusasweller
  | |`* I love my HayabusaFrancis Chartier
  | | +* I love my HayabusaHog
  | | |`* I love my HayabusaStephen Packer
  | | | `* I love my HayabusaHog
  | | |  `* I love my HayabusaTurby
  | | |   `* I love my HayabusaYTC#1
  | | |    `* I love my HayabusaTurby
  | | |     `- I love my HayabusaYTC#1
  | | `* I love my Hayabusawessie
  | |  +* I love my HayabusaHog
  | |  |`- I love my Hayabusawessie
  | |  `- I love my HayabusaAce
  | `* I love my HayabusaChamp
  |  +* I love my HayabusaMark Olson
  |  |`* I love my HayabusaAJH
  |  | `- I love my Hayabusapetrolcan
  |  `* I love my HayabusaYTC#1
  |   `* I love my HayabusaChamp
  |    `- I love my HayabusaYTC#1
  `- I love my HayabusaTurby

Pages:123
I love my Hayabusa

<inpnighluufuieqjlqgjlf3pjtr93mf0ms@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3435&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3435

From: nea...@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: I love my Hayabusa
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 21:05:13 +0100
 by: Champ - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 20:05 UTC

Ealier this week I found myself in GLoucestershire, needing to be in
Liverpool, and my Hayabusa underneath me.

I had (just) enough time to take an interesting rout, up the Welsh
Marches, taking in Tewkesbury, Kidderminster, Bridgnorth, Shrewsbury
and Chester.

Fuck me, but I will never tire of this bike. I freely admit that I
rode like a cunt, helped by being immune to speed cameras, and it was
just a glorious blast between the hedges and past absolutely
everything.

I was thinking of selling the 'busa, as who really needs two 200mph
bikes, but I have history with this one, right now it's not worth
much, and, as a first generation 1999 bike, I'm convinced it will
become collectable. And...I just love riding it.
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

I don't know, but I been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<sgh7l2$2o2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3441&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3441

From: ols...@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: I love my Hayabusa
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 00:10:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 00:10 UTC

Champ <neal@champ.org.uk> wrote:
> Ealier this week I found myself in GLoucestershire, needing to be in
> Liverpool, and my Hayabusa underneath me.
>
> I had (just) enough time to take an interesting rout, up the Welsh
> Marches, taking in Tewkesbury, Kidderminster, Bridgnorth, Shrewsbury
> and Chester.
>
> Fuck me, but I will never tire of this bike. I freely admit that I
> rode like a cunt, helped by being immune to speed cameras, and it was
> just a glorious blast between the hedges and past absolutely
> everything.
>
> I was thinking of selling the 'busa, as who really needs two 200mph
> bikes, but I have history with this one, right now it's not worth
> much, and, as a first generation 1999 bike, I'm convinced it will
> become collectable. And...I just love riding it.

"Does it spark joy?"

If so, keep it.

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<sgice9$vgb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3447&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3447

From: bdpor...@ytc1-removespam.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:38:01 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 10:38 UTC

On 29/08/2021 21:05, Champ wrote:
> Ealier this week I found myself in GLoucestershire, needing to be in
> Liverpool, and my Hayabusa underneath me.

I hope you locked it when in Liverpool :-(

> I had (just) enough time to take an interesting rout, up the Welsh
> Marches, taking in Tewkesbury, Kidderminster, Bridgnorth, Shrewsbury
> and Chester.

Good roads. I often use the A49/A417 as a route to drop down to Gloucester.

> Fuck me, but I will never tire of this bike. I freely admit that I
Yeah, the XJR does that to me when I have left it alone for a while.

> rode like a cunt, helped by being immune to speed cameras, and it was
Some IoM spookiness?

> just a glorious blast between the hedges and past absolutely
> everything.
>
> I was thinking of selling the 'busa, as who really needs two 200mph
> bikes, but I have history with this one, right now it's not worth
> much, and, as a first generation 1999 bike, I'm convinced it will
> become collectable. And...I just love riding it.

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<jcepigttkk5d3g90lpnaf9s91d3ek8k3qm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3450&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3450

From: Ace...@ch.com (Ace)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 12:59:43 +0200
 by: Ace - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 10:59 UTC

On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:38:01 +0100, YTC#1
<bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:

>On 29/08/2021 21:05, Champ wrote:
>> rode like a cunt, helped by being immune to speed cameras, and it was
>Some IoM spookiness?

I guess he;s relying on furn plates not beig traced, I wouldn't be so
confident myself, unless there's some specific IoM rule that disallows
data sharing. I used to feel immune on Swiss plates, but did one time
get chased up for a fine after not understanding how to pay the
Dartford tunnel charge in advance, so was always wary of cameras after
that.

--
Ace
http://www.chaletbeauroc.com/

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<sgihqj$4ub$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3451&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3451

From: bdpor...@ytc1-removespam.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 13:09:55 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 12:09 UTC

On 30/08/2021 11:59, Ace wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:38:01 +0100, YTC#1
> <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 29/08/2021 21:05, Champ wrote:
>>> rode like a cunt, helped by being immune to speed cameras, and it was
>> Some IoM spookiness?
>
> I guess he;s relying on furn plates not beig traced, I wouldn't be so
> confident myself, unless there's some specific IoM rule that disallows

According to thsi
https://www.theaa.com/european-breakdown-cover/driving-in-europe/driving-offence-abroad

"There were already processes in place to ensure that you're punished
for traffic offences abroad.

Bilateral agreements exist between the UK and Ireland and the UK and the
Isle of Man for exchange of registered keeper details."

> data sharing. I used to feel immune on Swiss plates, but did one time
> get chased up for a fine after not understanding how to pay the
> Dartford tunnel charge in advance, so was always wary of cameras after
> that.

I'm sure he will be along to enlighten us :-)

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<ip43n3FgrfnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3453&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3453

From: chri...@privacy.net (ChrisND @UKRM)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 14:10:59 +0100
 by: ChrisND @UKRM - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 13:10 UTC

On 30/08/2021 13:09, YTC#1 wrote:
> On 30/08/2021 11:59, Ace wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:38:01 +0100, YTC#1
>> <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Some IoM spookiness?
>>
>> I guess he;s relying on furn plates not beig traced, I wouldn't be so
>> confident myself, unless there's some specific IoM rule that disallows
>
> According to thsi
> https://www.theaa.com/european-breakdown-cover/driving-in-europe/driving-offence-abroad
>

> "There were already processes in place to ensure that you're punished
> for traffic offences abroad.
>
> Bilateral agreements exist between the UK and Ireland and the UK and the
> Isle of Man for exchange of registered keeper details."

Yes, I remember a thread on this some 10+n years ago when the 'bilateral
agreement' was created. The thread was something along the lines of
'Banned on IoM, now banned in rest of UK"? AIR?

--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<j4npig9rp6m4077ubpdalkp2du1e9jft01@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3456&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3456

From: nea...@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 14:28:36 +0100
 by: Champ - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 13:28 UTC

On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 12:59:43 +0200, Ace <Ace@ch.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:38:01 +0100, YTC#1
><bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>On 29/08/2021 21:05, Champ wrote:
>>> rode like a cunt, helped by being immune to speed cameras, and it was
>>Some IoM spookiness?
>
>I guess he;s relying on furn plates not beig traced, I wouldn't be so
>confident myself, unless there's some specific IoM rule that disallows
>data sharing.

There is definitely no data sharing. If the UK police want to trace a
manx plate, they have to ask the IoM police with a warrant.

Now, if I caused a multiple pile-up including the deaths of a couple
of dozen kids on a coach, then maybe they UK police would go to that
trouble. But for a photo on a road-side camera - no.
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

I don't know, but I been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<1gnpig16hl9p0ig1vlvqguq35aurpsgo3e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3460&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3460

From: nea...@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 14:38:17 +0100
 by: Champ - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 13:38 UTC

On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 13:09:55 +0100, YTC#1
<bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:

>According to thsi
>https://www.theaa.com/european-breakdown-cover/driving-in-europe/driving-offence-abroad

I'm not sure I'd trust the AA to tell me water is wet

>"There were already processes in place to ensure that you're punished
>for traffic offences abroad.
>
>Bilateral agreements exist between the UK and Ireland and the UK and the
>Isle of Man for exchange of registered keeper details."

Yes. The agreement is pretty much the same as any other
extra-jurisdictional request - i.e. "show me just cause and supply all
the necesessary paperwork, and we'll talk"

There is a more integrated system wrt to points on your licence - it's
a fact that many UK visitors to the TT come to learn when they get
nicked the old-fashioned way (i.e. pulled over at a speed trap), go to
court, have their licence endorsed, and the details of the endorsement
are sent to DVLA, who apply the same points etc. This works in the
other direction too, so I am well aware that if I get nicked by an
actual human copper, I will get a fine and points. It's just the
camera/ automated systems that aren't integrated - manx plates cannot
be looked up by DVLA/PNC
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

I don't know, but I been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<XnsAD9698A0343E6wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3462&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3462

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 14:00:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 14:00 UTC

YTC#1 <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote in

> On 30/08/2021 11:59, Ace wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:38:01 +0100, YTC#1
>> <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Some IoM spookiness?
>>
>> I guess he;s relying on furn plates not beig traced, I wouldn't be so
>> confident myself, unless there's some specific IoM rule that
>> disallows
>
> According to thsi
> https://www.theaa.com/european-breakdown-cover/driving-in-europe/drivin
> g-offence-abroad

that website has a 2017 date at the bottom

see this Sunday Times article dated Jan 2021
https://www.driving.co.uk/news/roads/brits-will-escape-speeding-fines-eu-due-brexit/
that EU agreement no longer applies to the UK

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<sgj3h5$tt1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3463&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3463

From: bdpor...@ytc1-removespam.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:12:03 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 17:12 UTC

On 30/08/2021 14:38, Champ wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 13:09:55 +0100, YTC#1
> <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> According to thsi
>> https://www.theaa.com/european-breakdown-cover/driving-in-europe/driving-offence-abroad
>
> I'm not sure I'd trust the AA to tell me water is wet

Granted, but it suited the subject :-)

>> "There were already processes in place to ensure that you're punished
>> for traffic offences abroad.
>>
>> Bilateral agreements exist between the UK and Ireland and the UK and the
>> Isle of Man for exchange of registered keeper details."
>
> Yes. The agreement is pretty much the same as any other
> extra-jurisdictional request - i.e. "show me just cause and supply all
> the necesessary paperwork, and we'll talk"
>
> There is a more integrated system wrt to points on your licence - it's
> a fact that many UK visitors to the TT come to learn when they get
> nicked the old-fashioned way (i.e. pulled over at a speed trap), go to
> court, have their licence endorsed, and the details of the endorsement
> are sent to DVLA, who apply the same points etc. This works in the
> other direction too, so I am well aware that if I get nicked by an
> actual human copper, I will get a fine and points. It's just the
> camera/ automated systems that aren't integrated - manx plates cannot
> be looked up by DVLA/PNC

I knew there would be a good explanation.
And when was the last time anyone was stopped by a real plod for speeding?

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<sgj3j9$tt1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3464&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3464

From: bdpor...@ytc1-removespam.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:13:11 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 17:13 UTC

On 30/08/2021 15:00, wessie wrote:
> YTC#1 <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> On 30/08/2021 11:59, Ace wrote:

>>> I guess he;s relying on furn plates not beig traced, I wouldn't be so
>>> confident myself, unless there's some specific IoM rule that
>>> disallows
>>
>> According to thsi
>> https://www.theaa.com/european-breakdown-cover/driving-in-europe/drivin
>> g-offence-abroad
>>

> that website has a 2017 date at the bottom
>
> see this Sunday Times article dated Jan 2021
> https://www.driving.co.uk/news/roads/brits-will-escape-speeding-fines-eu-due-brexit/
> that EU agreement no longer applies to the UK

Yeahbut, I was quoting the IoM relevant piece.

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<sgj3l1$tt1$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3466&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3466

From: bdpor...@ytc1-removespam.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:14:07 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 17:14 UTC

On 30/08/2021 14:28, Champ wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 12:59:43 +0200, Ace <Ace@ch.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:38:01 +0100, YTC#1
>> <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Some IoM spookiness?
>>
>> I guess he;s relying on furn plates not beig traced, I wouldn't be so
>> confident myself, unless there's some specific IoM rule that disallows
>> data sharing.
>
> There is definitely no data sharing. If the UK police want to trace a
> manx plate, they have to ask the IoM police with a warrant.
>
> Now, if I caused a multiple pile-up including the deaths of a couple
> of dozen kids on a coach, then maybe they UK police would go to that
> trouble. But for a photo on a road-side camera - no.

Out of curiosity, have you managed to test the theory ?

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<si5qighjnq8kph82chgqval9csjn1ottnp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3467&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3467

From: Ace...@ch.com (Ace)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 19:35:26 +0200
 by: Ace - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 17:35 UTC

On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:14:07 +0100, YTC#1
<bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:

>On 30/08/2021 14:28, Champ wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 12:59:43 +0200, Ace <Ace@ch.com> wrote:

>>> I guess he;s relying on furn plates not beig traced, I wouldn't be so
>>> confident myself, unless there's some specific IoM rule that disallows
>>> data sharing.
>>
>> There is definitely no data sharing. If the UK police want to trace a
>> manx plate, they have to ask the IoM police with a warrant.
>>
>> Now, if I caused a multiple pile-up including the deaths of a couple
>> of dozen kids on a coach, then maybe they UK police would go to that
>> trouble. But for a photo on a road-side camera - no.
>>

>Out of curiosity, have you managed to test the theory ?

Aren't most UK speed cameras still forward facing anyway?

There's just a few I know of in CH where they have a second camera
facing the rear, but not anywhere I used to ride. Same in France, so
to all intents and purposes I always felt immune from them anyway,
when on two wheels.

--
Ace
http://www.chaletbeauroc.com/

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<sgj5ph$efg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3468&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3468

From: bdpor...@ytc1-removespam.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:50:38 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 17:50 UTC

On 30/08/2021 18:35, Ace wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:14:07 +0100, YTC#1
> <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:

>>> There is definitely no data sharing. If the UK police want to trace a
>>> manx plate, they have to ask the IoM police with a warrant.
>>>
>>> Now, if I caused a multiple pile-up including the deaths of a couple
>>> of dozen kids on a coach, then maybe they UK police would go to that
>>> trouble. But for a photo on a road-side camera - no.
>>>

>> Out of curiosity, have you managed to test the theory ?
>
> Aren't most UK speed cameras still forward facing anyway?

Err, noooo, a few are, but the vast majority are rear.

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<547qig9kbjo95ihadr2urct6apumqrvi0q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3469&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3469

From: nea...@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 19:01:36 +0100
 by: Champ - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:01 UTC

On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:14:07 +0100, YTC#1
<bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:

>Out of curiosity, have you managed to test the theory ?

Certainly I've done ~75mph through long sections of motorway with
50mph limits controlled by average speed cameras, by bike and car

On TOGs funeral cortege last week, I went through several red traffic
lights to stay with the procession
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

I don't know, but I been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<XnsAD96CD4912BD7wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3471&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3471

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 19:10:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 19:10 UTC

Ace <Ace@ch.com> wrote in

> Aren't most UK speed cameras still forward facing anyway?

No. most fixed cameras have always been rear facing. The average speed
cameras were front facing for years but most are now rear facing. The
new "smart" motorways with variable limits are all rear facing.

> There's just a few I know of in CH where they have a second camera
> facing the rear, but not anywhere I used to ride. Same in France, so
> to all intents and purposes I always felt immune from them anyway,
> when on two wheels.

I was busted by a rear facing camera in Aquitaine. Came in the post, 45 euros.
That was 2018 but I guess won't happen now.

One of these portable ones they hide in the shrubbery.
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-7331549/Speed-camera-tolerances-France-HALF-Britain.html

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<sgjau1$hpr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3472&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3472

From: ols...@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 19:18:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 19:18 UTC

Champ <neal@champ.org.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:14:07 +0100, YTC#1
> <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Out of curiosity, have you managed to test the theory ?
>
> Certainly I've done ~75mph through long sections of motorway with
> 50mph limits controlled by average speed cameras, by bike and car
>
> On TOGs funeral cortege last week, I went through several red traffic
> lights to stay with the procession

Can confirm.

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<sgjb1t$ief$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3473&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3473

From: bdpor...@ytc1-removespam.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 20:20:26 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 19:20 UTC

On 30/08/2021 20:10, wessie wrote:
> Ace <Ace@ch.com> wrote in
>

>> Aren't most UK speed cameras still forward facing anyway?
>>

> No. most fixed cameras have always been rear facing. The average speed
> cameras were front facing for years but most are now rear facing. The
> new "smart" motorways with variable limits are all rear facing.
>
>> There's just a few I know of in CH where they have a second camera
>> facing the rear, but not anywhere I used to ride. Same in France, so
>> to all intents and purposes I always felt immune from them anyway,
>> when on two wheels.
>>

> I was busted by a rear facing camera in Aquitaine. Came in the post, 45 euros.
> That was 2018 but I guess won't happen now.
>
> One of these portable ones they hide in the shrubbery.
> https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-7331549/Speed-camera-tolerances-France-HALF-Britain.html

Nee!

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<sgjbe9$lo7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3474&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3474

From: bdpor...@ytc1-removespam.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 20:27:02 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 19:27 UTC

On 30/08/2021 19:01, Champ wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:14:07 +0100, YTC#1
> <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Out of curiosity, have you managed to test the theory ?
>
> Certainly I've done ~75mph through long sections of motorway with
> 50mph limits controlled by average speed cameras, by bike and car

Defo rear facing ones? :-) (There are still some stretches that are
forward (M6 J19 for example).

> On TOGs funeral cortege last week, I went through several red traffic
> lights to stay with the procession

But IIRC, non had cameras on them.
(I have a habit of checking for such things).

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<ip4q2uFl3amU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3475&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3475

From: new...@loampitsfarm.co.uk (AJH)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 20:32:46 +0100
 by: AJH - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 19:32 UTC

On 30/08/2021 20:18, Mark Olson wrote:
> Champ <neal@champ.org.uk> wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:14:07 +0100, YTC#1
>> <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Out of curiosity, have you managed to test the theory ?
>>
>> Certainly I've done ~75mph through long sections of motorway with
>> 50mph limits controlled by average speed cameras, by bike and car
>>
>> On TOGs funeral cortege last week, I went through several red traffic
>> lights to stay with the procession
>
> Can confirm.

Genuine smile on my face

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<MPG.3b977e5052179a8698973a@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3476&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3476

From: petrol...@gmail.com (petrolcan)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 00:46:58 +0100
 by: petrolcan - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 23:46 UTC

In article <ip4q2uFl3amU1@mid.individual.net>, AJH says...

> On 30/08/2021 20:18, Mark Olson wrote:
> > Champ <neal@champ.org.uk> wrote:

> >> Certainly I've done ~75mph through long sections of motorway with
> >> 50mph limits controlled by average speed cameras, by bike and car
> >>
> >> On TOGs funeral cortege last week, I went through several red traffic
> >> lights to stay with the procession
> >
> > Can confirm.
> >

> Genuine smile on my face

+1

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<5k700i-sk44.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3477&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3477

From: new...@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 07:53:09 +0800
 by: Boots - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 23:53 UTC

On 31/08/2021 01:12 YTC#1 penned these words:
> when was the last time anyone was stopped by a real plod for speeding?

1987, 85 on a dual carriageway FFS.

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<sgk44j$3q1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3478&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3478

From: xsu...@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 19:28:33 -0700
 by: Turby - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 02:28 UTC

On 8/30/2021 3:59 AM, Ace wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:38:01 +0100, YTC#1
> <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 29/08/2021 21:05, Champ wrote:
>>> rode like a cunt, helped by being immune to speed cameras, and it was
>> Some IoM spookiness?
>
> I guess he;s relying on furn plates not beig traced,

That's what I've relied on. My GS has California plates from 2008. I've
been stopped several times in France, Germany, and Austria (+ others
maybe,) but never in the UK. (I love those cameras!) Europeans have it
down. If I don't have the cash, they escort me to an ATM for the exact
change.

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS, ST1100 (in memoriam)

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<8afrigt46a5862esu5mholj1l0o6p1lk28@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3481&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3481

From: nea...@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 06:25:49 +0100
 by: Champ - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 05:25 UTC

On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:12:03 +0100, YTC#1
<bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:

>And when was the last time anyone was stopped by a real plod for speeding?

2019, on the IoM, by a copper with a speed gun!
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

I don't know, but I been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

Re: I love my Hayabusa

<6cfrigt4sanjgnud89g0q22udjvtit1oih@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3482&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#3482

From: nea...@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 06:26:47 +0100
 by: Champ - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 05:26 UTC

On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 20:27:02 +0100, YTC#1
<bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:

>On 30/08/2021 19:01, Champ wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 18:14:07 +0100, YTC#1
>> <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Out of curiosity, have you managed to test the theory ?
>>
>> Certainly I've done ~75mph through long sections of motorway with
>> 50mph limits controlled by average speed cameras, by bike and car

>Defo rear facing ones? :-) (There are still some stretches that are
>forward (M6 J19 for example).

Deffo