The last thing one knows in constructing a work is what to put first. -- Blaise Pascal

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Driver fined for dropping litter

SubjectAuthor
* Driver fined for dropping litterSimon Mason
+- Re: Driver fined for dropping litterJNugent
`* Re: Driver fined for dropping litterSimon Mason
 +- Re: Chav-cyclists need to be fined for dropping litterJNugent
 `- Re: Driver fined for dropping litterSimon Mason

1
Driver fined for dropping litter

<73617d4a-da37-4553-8194-04a3ad0a98b4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34404&group=uk.rec.cycling#34404

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 13:51:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Driver fined for dropping litter
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 24 Jan 2024 21:51 UTC

A driver travelling through Yaxham in Breckland has been given a fine by the district council after they threw litter from their car window onto the grass verge.

At the time of the incident, Breckland Council’s Enforcement Officer was on patrol in the area and witnessed the littering first-hand.

While the culprit was not stopped at the time, as the litter had to be recovered, with collaboration with the DVLA the council was able to contact the driver and issue a fine for £80. The fixed penalty notice was promptly paid and will go towards funding future enforcement activity in Breckland..

Cllr Gordon Bambridge, Executive Member for Waste and Environment at Breckland Council, commented: “Our crackdown on flytipping and littering continues and our team are regularly out and about across the district investigating issues and gathering evidence.

The vast majority of residents are law-abiding, considerate members of our communities, and we will do everything we can to ensure their town or village isn’t ruined by the thoughtless minority. This particular incident resulted in a fine, but in the event or more serious cases or repeat offenders, we are fully prepared to consider taking people to court for a more significant penalty.”

https://www.scarning.info/archives/driver-fined-for-dropping-litter/

Re: Driver fined for dropping litter

<l1dpd3FnjcrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34405&group=uk.rec.cycling#34405

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Driver fined for dropping litter
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 00:47:31 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 00:47 UTC

On 24/01/2024 09:51 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A driver travelling through Yaxham in Breckland has been given a fine by the district council after they threw litter from their car window onto the grass verge.
>
> At the time of the incident, Breckland Council’s Enforcement Officer was on patrol in the area and witnessed the littering first-hand.
>
> While the culprit was not stopped at the time, as the litter had to be recovered, with collaboration with the DVLA the council was able to contact the driver and issue a fine for £80. The fixed penalty notice was promptly paid and will go towards funding future enforcement activity in Breckland.
>
> Cllr Gordon Bambridge, Executive Member for Waste and Environment at Breckland Council, commented: “Our crackdown on flytipping and littering continues and our team are regularly out and about across the district investigating issues and gathering evidence.
>
> The vast majority of residents are law-abiding, considerate members of our communities, and we will do everything we can to ensure their town or village isn’t ruined by the thoughtless minority. This particular incident resulted in a fine, but in the event or more serious cases or repeat offenders, we are fully prepared to consider taking people to court for a more significant penalty.”
>
> https://www.scarning.info/archives/driver-fined-for-dropping-litter/

How are the village greens in Breckland doing?

Are they all chav-cyclist-faeces-free?

Let us hope so.

Re: Driver fined for dropping litter

<e1855bd1-8051-45aa-89d9-285961d16593n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34411&group=uk.rec.cycling#34411

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 23:28:30 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 07:28 UTC

This is probably the most common example of detritus left by these chav drivers as shown in this article.

https://www.scarning.info/wp-content/uploads/EYMPGZEM3FHS5F2Q5S5SDTXZBE.jpg

Re: Chav-cyclists need to be fined for dropping litter

<l1fgjiF4ha5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34416&group=uk.rec.cycling#34416

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Chav-cyclists need to be fined for dropping litter
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 16:29:39 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 16:29 UTC

On 25/01/2024 07:28 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> This is probably the most common example of detritus left by these chav-cyclists as shown at this URL:

<https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/human-excrement-feces-on-ground-260nw-1010523871.jpg>

Re: Driver fined for dropping litter

<d22b4856-7ad7-4ace-9f46-69793241c697n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34418&group=uk.rec.cycling#34418

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 10:53:54 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 18:53 UTC

A camera which uses artificial intelligence to capture people littering from vehicles is being trialled in Loughborough.

Charnwood Borough Council will be piloting the LitterCam technology on Warwick Way over a 12-week period.

Vehicle owners could be fined £150 if the cameras catch litter being thrown from the vehicle. New laws introduced in 2018 means registered keepers are held responsible and may be fined or prosecuted.

Cllr Liz Blackshaw, lead member for communities and neighbourhoods said: “Whether litter is being dropped in the street or thrown from a vehicle, it is absolutely unnecessary and completely avoidable.

“Not only does it make areas look untidy, but it can take years to degrade and be harmful to wildlife.

“It is the first time the technology has been used in the borough and the trial will gives us an opportunity to review its effectiveness.

“I hope this pilot will help clamp down on those who think chucking rubbish out of a vehicle is acceptable and make them consider holding onto their litter until they get home.”

The camera will automatically detect rubbish being thrown from a vehicle and could include litter such as cigarette ends, coffee cups, drinks cans and food packaging.

If the offence is caught on the camera, an automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) camera will record the vehicle’s number plate. The footage will be verified by the Council before being sent to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA).

Details of the registered keeper will then be shared with the Council so a fixed penalty notice can be issued in the post.

Individuals wanting to see the evidence, will be able to check the footage through an online portal.

Recent reports of litter informed the location of the camera for the pilot scheme.

The trial will be reviewed at the halfway point when the camera may be relocated to a different area of the town.

More information including frequently asked questions can be found on the Council’s website: http://www.charnwood.gov.uk/LitterCam

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Driver fined for dropping litter