Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 10:45:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Man arrested after cyclist, 60s, dies in Oxfordshire crash
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 18:45 UTC

A man was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving after a cyclist was killed in a crash.

The crash happened after a red VW Polo driving towards Brize Norton on the Witney Road collided with a bicycle, which was travelling in the same direction at around 3.55pm on Wednesday, January 24.

The cyclist, a man in his 60s, died at the scene.

Police said his next of kin have been informed and a family liaison officer is supporting them.

The teenager was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and has since been released on bail.

Senior investigating officer sergeant Dominic Mahon of the serious collision investigation unit, said: “Sadly a man has died following this collision and our thoughts are with his family.

"I would ask anyone who saw this collision, or the vehicles involved beforehand, to contact us.

“I would also ask any drivers with dash-cams, who were in the area at the time, to check their recordings and let us know if they have captured anything that could help our investigation."

Anyone with information should call the police on 101 or visit the police website, quoting reference number 43240036565.

https://www.witneygazette.co.uk/news/24077987.man-arrested-cyclist-60s-dies-oxfordshire-crash/