Noncombatant: A dead Quaker. -- Ambrose Bierce

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Colchester driver fined after litter dropped from car on A12

SubjectAuthor
* Colchester driver fined after litter dropped from car on A12Simon Mason
+- TROLL POST from May Sun: "Colchester driver fined after litter dropped from car JNugent
`- Re: Colchester driver fined after litter dropped from car on A12Simon Mason

1
Colchester driver fined after litter dropped from car on A12

<91f3dc44-e44a-481f-becf-fb96fa412ea8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34513&group=uk.rec.cycling#34513

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 00:44:53 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Colchester driver fined after litter dropped from car on A12
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 08:44 UTC

A DRIVER has been fined £100 after a passenger was spotted throwing rubbish from her car on the A12.

The Colchester resident was driving their Vauxhall Corsa southbound in the fast-lane of the A12 between Marks Tey and Feering on January 8.

A member of Braintree Council witnessed the front-seat passenger wind down the window, throw out a small piece of litter and close the window again.

The councillor reported the incident to Colchester Council who issued the vehicle owner with a Fixed Penalty Notice under the Environmental Protection Act 1990.

The fine of £100 was paid on January 30.

Littering from a vehicle can land drivers with fines of this amount and if not paid within 14 days, £200.

The registered keeper of the vehicle is responsible for anyone committing a littering offence from inside the vehicle.

Martin Goss, councillor responsible for waste, environment and transport, said: "One of our key priorities is to keep our borough clean and an attractive place to live and visit.

“The vast majority of people work with us and dispose of their litter responsibly.

"However, if people insist on throwing their litter in the streets, or from vehicles, then we will act.

“The message is quite simple and ought to be clear - please take your litter home with you or dispose of it in a bin.

"It really isn’t worth the risk of being fined for throwing it in the street.”

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/18207595.colchester-driver-fined-litter-dropped-car-a12/

TROLL POST from May Sun: "Colchester driver fined after litter dropped from car on A12" No chav-cycling content

<l1q003F23ojU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34518&group=uk.rec.cycling#34518

From: jnugen...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: TROLL POST from May Sun: "Colchester driver fined after litter
dropped from car on A12" No chav-cycling content
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 15:53:39 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 15:53 UTC

On 29/01/2024 08:44 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> A DRIVER has been fined £100 after a passenger was spotted throwing rubbish from her car on the A12.
>
> The Colchester resident was driving their Vauxhall Corsa southbound in the fast-lane of the A12 between Marks Tey and Feering on January 8.
>
> A member of Braintree Council witnessed the front-seat passenger wind down the window, throw out a small piece of litter and close the window again.
>
> The councillor reported the incident to Colchester Council who issued the vehicle owner with a Fixed Penalty Notice under the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
>
> The fine of £100 was paid on January 30.
>
> Littering from a vehicle can land drivers with fines of this amount and if not paid within 14 days, £200.
>
> The registered keeper of the vehicle is responsible for anyone committing a littering offence from inside the vehicle.
>
> Martin Goss, councillor responsible for waste, environment and transport, said: "One of our key priorities is to keep our borough clean and an attractive place to live and visit.
>
> “The vast majority of people work with us and dispose of their litter responsibly.
>
> "However, if people insist on throwing their litter in the streets, or from vehicles, then we will act.
>
> “The message is quite simple and ought to be clear - please take your litter home with you or dispose of it in a bin.
>
> "It really isn’t worth the risk of being fined for throwing it in the street.”
>
> https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/18207595.colchester-driver-fined-litter-dropped-car-a12/

Was the passenger on the way to pick up a chav-cycle?

Re: Colchester driver fined after litter dropped from car on A12

<076f957a-2241-4adc-b0f1-57f6b5722cf1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34520&group=uk.rec.cycling#34520

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 08:14:30 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 16:14 UTC

Two taxi drivers have been prosecuted within Hyndburn for throwing litter from their car windows as Hyndburn Borough Council crackdown on flytipping and littering within and around the borough.

Both cases were presented to Burnley Magistrate’s Court and tried by magistrates at the end of August 2023, proceeding with the hearings despite the two defendants failing to attend Court on the day.

Cllr Steven Smithson, Portfolio Holder for Environmental Services, said:

“I have always been vocal about my commitment to cleaning up our borough and I can assure residents that I will continue to push forward with this throughout my time as Portfolio Holder for Environmental Services. Simply put, littering is completely unacceptable and it is a real shame that a minority of people think that they can get away with this.

I would like to thank everyone who has been involved in seeing the prosecution of these individuals and I am keen to remind all residents that these individuals are not the exception – there are hefty fines for flytipping waste (including littering) and this ongoing Council action demonstrates our commitment to enforcing these consequences in service of shaping a cleaner, healthier Borough.”

The two defendants were both found guilty and convicted of the offence, resulting in hefty fines for their offences. Both Defendants faced £220 fines, £88 victim surcharges, and £250 cost for the Council, totalling to £558 to be paid to the court within 28 days or they will face further charges.

Hyndburn Borough Council have a zero tolerance policy towards flytipping and littering, therefore enforcement action could be taken against anyone who: drops or deposits litter, fails to present their waste in their wheeled bin, allows waste to accumulate on their property, or fly-tips waste. To find out more information about enforcement action within Hyndburn, including how to report an incident to the Council, head to: https://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/enforcement-action-in-hyndburn/

https://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/news/taxi-drivers-prosecuted-and-find-for-littering-in-council-crackdown-against-flytipping/