Preserve wildlife -- pickle a squirrel today!

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / HUMAX FREESAT PROVIDES GRENADA INSTEAD OF CALENDAT LOCAL NEWS

SubjectAuthor
* HUMAX FREESAT PROVIDES GRENADA INSTEAD OF CALENDAT LOCAL NEWSMartin
+- Re: HUMAX FREESAT PROVIDES GRENADA INSTEAD OF CALENDAT LOCAL NEWSRobin
+* Re: HUMAX FREESAT PROVIDES GRENADA INSTEAD OF CALENDAT LOCAL NEWSWoody
|`- Re: HUMAX FREESAT PROVIDES GRENADA INSTEAD OF CALENDAT LOCAL NEWSChris Green
`- Re: HUMAX FREESAT PROVIDES GRENADA INSTEAD OF CALENDAT LOCAL NEWSMark Carver

1
HUMAX FREESAT PROVIDES GRENADA INSTEAD OF CALENDAT LOCAL NEWS

<te2aehlaqfjf7qads11fvuhmo2iuvpd1s4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34547&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#34547

From: me...@address.invalid (Martin)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: HUMAX FREESAT PROVIDES GRENADA INSTEAD OF CALENDAT LOCAL NEWS
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 12:42:52 +0200
 by: Martin - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 10:42 UTC

Is something odd happening with Freesat local news?This week we have twice had
Grenada instead of Calendar local news.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Re: HUMAX FREESAT PROVIDES GRENADA INSTEAD OF CALENDAT LOCAL NEWS

<2452ab8b-ac12-1f71-715c-df22c9ff7bca@outlook.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34549&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#34549

From: rbw...@outlook.com (Robin)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 12:25:23 +0100
 by: Robin - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 11:25 UTC

On 30/07/2022 11:42, Martin wrote:
> Is something odd happening with Freesat local news?This week we have twice had
> Grenada instead of Calendar local news.

And London had Meridian news at least one day. Mark Carver probably has
chapter and verse; I just shrugged and assumed a problem with the London
studio/feed.

--
Robin

Re: HUMAX FREESAT PROVIDES GRENADA INSTEAD OF CALENDAT LOCAL NEWS

<tc3573$3rdt0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34550&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#34550

From: harroga...@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 12:38:09 +0100
 by: Woody - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 11:38 UTC

On Sat 30/07/2022 11:42, Martin wrote:
> Is something odd happening with Freesat local news?This week we have twice had
> Grenada instead of Calendar local news.

For the record - Granada

Re: HUMAX FREESAT PROVIDES GRENADA INSTEAD OF CALENDAT LOCAL NEWS

<8rrfri-vdp5.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34564&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#34564

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 15:29:28 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 14:29 UTC

Woody <harrogate3@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Sat 30/07/2022 11:42, Martin wrote:
> > Is something odd happening with Freesat local news?This week we have twice had
> > Grenada instead of Calendar local news.
>
> For the record - Granada

Unless of course it's freak reception from the West Indies. :-)

--
Chris Green
·

Re: HUMAX FREESAT PROVIDES GRENADA INSTEAD OF CALENDAT LOCAL NEWS

<jkl12gF7to7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34566&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#34566

From: mark.car...@invalid.invalid (Mark Carver)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 16:29:20 +0100
 by: Mark Carver - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 15:29 UTC

On 30/07/2022 11:42, Martin wrote:
> Is something odd happening with Freesat local news?This week we have twice had
> Grenada instead of Calendar local news.
Umm. If for whatever reason the ITV Leeds news studio is unable to
transmit, Granada (ITV Salford) is the default 'buddy' region. I suspect
that was the issue.
Or you were watching the SD version of YTV on Freesat, in which case it
will be the Granada version. Only HD carries the right ITV regions now.
ITV shut down a lot of SD regions, when they launched almost all of
their HD regions on Freesat/Sky.

Unrelated is that the HD version of ITV in Granada is carried in the
Granada, YTV, Tyne Tees, and Border regions on Freeview (but not Freesat)

Confused yet ?

A couple of weeks ago ITN (where ITV London local news is produced) had
problems, so the feed was changed to their 'buddy' region, as Robin
noticed, Meridian (Thames Valley version)