Alas, how love can trifle with itself! -- William Shakespeare, "The Two Gentlemen of Verona"

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Driver killed woman after jumping a red light in Chester

SubjectAuthor
* Driver killed woman after jumping a red light in ChesterSimon Mason
+- Re: Driver killed woman after jumping a red light in ChesterJNugent
+* Re: Driver killed woman after jumping a red light in ChesterSimon Mason
|`- Trolling post by May Sun: "Driver killed woman after jumping a red light in ChesJNugent
`- Re: Driver killed woman after jumping a red light in ChesterSimon Mason

1
Driver killed woman after jumping a red light in Chester

<76be8ed6-d549-4dfd-a405-c5739fa8815an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34534&group=uk.rec.cycling#34534

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 09:01:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Driver killed woman after jumping a red light in Chester
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 17:01 UTC

A driver who killed a woman when he jumped a red light and hit her car has been jailed for nine years.

Cheshire Constabulary said Paul Wright, 31, smashed into a car driven by Jane Hickson, 57, in Chester on 5 November.

Ms Hickson, who was taking her 21-year-old daughter to see her elderly grandparents, died at the scene.

Wright, of Westerna Avenue, Ellesmere Port, was jailed at Chester Crown Court on Thursday after admitting causing death by dangerous driving.

Police said Wright was driving a BMW X5 along Liverpool Road, Chester, to see his partner who was in hospital after giving birth to his second child.

He drove at 60mph in a 40mph zone approaching the Countess of Chester hospital but slowed to 30mph, however he skipped a red light and ploughed into the side of a Vauxhall Grandland X, driven by Ms Hickson, who worked in the fitness industry.

During their investigation, officers found Wright had already skipped two other red lights in the minutes prior to the crash.

Police said he narrowly avoided a crash on Whitby Lane in one of these incidents and when a witness showed their concern and discontent, Wright stuck his middle finger up and sped off.

Wright performed poorly on a field impairment test and tested positive for cannabis on a drugs wipe but a subsequent blood test revealed he was under the legal limit.

His drug use was used by the judge when determining his jail term.

During the hearing, it was also revealed that Wright was on bail for drug driving at the time of the crash after testing positive on a roadside drugs wipe in May. Officers were awaiting the blood analysis results when he killed Ms Hickson.

Sgt Simon Degg said the crash was caused by "extremely poor and dangerous driving" over a prolonged period of time which "can only be described as atrocious and pointless".

"His actions have devastated the lives of all those involved, including his own family," he added.

Wright was banned from driving and must take a retest at the end of his disqualification period.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-68110113

Re: Driver killed woman after jumping a red light in Chester

<l1t2rrFj5dmU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34542&group=uk.rec.cycling#34542

From: jnugen...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:00:59 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:00 UTC

On 30/01/2024 05:01 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
> A driver who killed a woman when he jumped a red light and hit her car has been jailed for nine years.
>
> Cheshire Constabulary said Paul Wright, 31, smashed into a car driven by Jane Hickson, 57, in Chester on 5 November.
>
> Ms Hickson, who was taking her 21-year-old daughter to see her elderly grandparents, died at the scene.
>
> Wright, of Westerna Avenue, Ellesmere Port, was jailed at Chester Crown Court on Thursday after admitting causing death by dangerous driving.
>
> Police said Wright was driving a BMW X5 along Liverpool Road, Chester, to see his partner who was in hospital after giving birth to his second child.
>
> He drove at 60mph in a 40mph zone approaching the Countess of Chester hospital but slowed to 30mph, however he skipped a red light and ploughed into the side of a Vauxhall Grandland X, driven by Ms Hickson, who worked in the fitness industry.
>
> During their investigation, officers found Wright had already skipped two other red lights in the minutes prior to the crash.
>
> Police said he narrowly avoided a crash on Whitby Lane in one of these incidents and when a witness showed their concern and discontent, Wright stuck his middle finger up and sped off.
>
> Wright performed poorly on a field impairment test and tested positive for cannabis on a drugs wipe but a subsequent blood test revealed he was under the legal limit.
>
> His drug use was used by the judge when determining his jail term.

I should THINK so too.

> During the hearing, it was also revealed that Wright was on bail for drug driving at the time of the crash after testing positive on a roadside drugs wipe in May. Officers were awaiting the blood analysis results when he killed Ms Hickson.
> Sgt Simon Degg said the crash was caused by "extremely poor and dangerous driving" over a prolonged period of time which "can only be described as atrocious and pointless".
> "His actions have devastated the lives of all those involved, including his own family," he added.
> Wright was banned from driving and must take a retest at the end of his disqualification period.
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-68110113

Awful.

But who was the chav-cyclist?

There WAS a chav-cyclist involved, yes?

Otherwise, your post would be an off-topic piece of trolling, wouldn't it?

But I am cheered by your new-found concern for victims.

In the recent past, you have shown favour for law-breaking perpetrators
and none for their victims.

Re: Driver killed woman after jumping a red light in Chester

<c53f60e7-c010-4f68-80c3-f2ebf073a62cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34547&group=uk.rec.cycling#34547

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 13:05:40 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 21:05 UTC

On Tuesday, January 30, 2024 at 5:01:26 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE: A driver who killed a woman when he jumped a red light and hit her car has been jailed for nine years. ENDS

Another nine years for these killer scum as well?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GFHoW-PWoAELCNG?format=jpg&name=small

Trolling post by May Sun: "Driver killed woman after jumping a red light in Chester" [No chav-cycle content]

<l1tgg1FlcbfU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34556&group=uk.rec.cycling#34556

From: jnugen...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Trolling post by May Sun: "Driver killed woman after jumping a red
light in Chester" [No chav-cycle content]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 23:53:37 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 23:53 UTC

On 30/01/2024 09:05 pm, Simon Mason wrote:, speaking to himself again:

> On Tuesday, January 30, 2024 at 5:01:26 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: A driver who killed a woman when he jumped a red light and hit her car has been jailed for nine years. ENDS

> Another nine years for these killer scum as well?
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GFHoW-PWoAELCNG?format=jpg&name=small

How was the chav-cyclist involved?

There WAS a chav-cyclist involved, yes?

Otherwise, your post would be just another of your many off-topic
trolling rants, wouldn't it?

Re: Driver killed woman after jumping a red light in Chester

<2f0160a4-f9b5-4ae4-b698-bac72e0b032dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34561&group=uk.rec.cycling#34561

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 01:04:32 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 31 Jan 2024 09:04 UTC

QUOTE: Wright, of Westerna Avenue, Ellesmere Port, was jailed at Chester Crown Court on Thursday after admitting causing death by dangerous driving. ENDS

Fessing up early doors AND getting jailed for NINE years!

Looks like the beak got tough for a change - more please!