Help! I'm trapped in a PDP 11/70!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: A420 crash near Great Coxwell leads to jail for drunk chav-cyclist - excellent

SubjectAuthor
* A420 crash near Great Coxwell leads to jail for drink-driver - excellentSimon Mason
+* CORRECTED POST: "A420 crash near Great Coxwell leads to jail for drunk chav-cyclJNugent
|`- Re: CORRECTED POST: "A420 crash near Great Coxwell leads to jail for drunk chav-JNugent
`* Re: A420 crash near Great Coxwell leads to jail for drink-driver - excellentSimon Mason
 `- Re: A420 crash near Great Coxwell leads to jail for drunk chav-cyclist - excelleJNugent

1
A420 crash near Great Coxwell leads to jail for drink-driver - excellent

<e1d81340-a31b-4ecd-bccd-92674aa13e08n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34602&group=uk.rec.cycling#34602

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 01:08:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: A420 crash near Great Coxwell leads to jail for drink-driver - excellent
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 09:08 UTC

“I’VE killed her. I know I’ve killed her,” said a man when he and his girlfriend were flung from his car after he drunkenly crashed into a tree.

Mohsin Khan was almost twice over the legal limit when he lost control of his Volkswagon Golf and crashed on the A420 between Great Coxwell and Watchfield on New Year's Eve.

The force of the crash hurled himself and Charlotte Draper, 25, out of the vehicle.

The mother-of-four was rushed to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Headington where she had needles put in her chest to help her start breathing again.

She remains in the hospital where she has been told she may be paralysed from the waist down.

Khan, who had been disqualified from driving only 12 days before the crash, was jailed for three years and four months at Oxford Crown Court on Tuesday (January 30) for causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

Miss Draper’s mother, Victoria Baker, said her daughter’s future is still unknown.

In a victim impact statement read out in court, she said: “The fact [Khan] will now go to prison and be out while she is in hospital…it’s so unfair that has been so injured and that the rest of her life is ruined.
“She said she would rather be in prison than in hospital. It makes me so frustrated, angry and confused that the defendant can walk, talk and be fine while she is in hospital.”

Defending Khan, barrister Aubrey Fletcher said he ‘readily acknowledges’ that Miss Draper faces life-altering injuries.

She said: “The officer in the case comments that she’s never encountered a more thorough account of admission. He’s not trying to minimise his actions.”

The court heard he also had a maturity screening test which provided a low result, as well as having an IQ of 75.

Sentencing Khan, Judge Ian Pringle accepted he demonstrated genuine remorse and gave him credit for his early guilty pleas.

Khan, wearing a white t-shirt and grey tracksuit bottoms, showed no reaction to his sentence.

He was also disqualified from driving for four years and will need to take an extended retest.

Prosecuting the case, barrister Helen Rodger said that dash cam footage suggested that the 23-year-old was exceeding the 50mph speed limit at the time of the crash.
While paramedics sought to help an unconscious Miss Draper, Khan, of no fixed abode, could be heard saying: “I’ve killed her. I know I’ve killed her.”

Empty beer bottles were found in the car and Khan admitted during police interview that he was over the limit and driving while disqualified and thus without insurance.

https://www.thisisoxfordshire.co.uk/news/24084142.a420-crash-near-great-coxwell-leads-jail-drink-driver/

CORRECTED POST: "A420 crash near Great Coxwell leads to jail for drunk chav-cyclist - excellent

<l217vnFb1s4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34607&group=uk.rec.cycling#34607

From: jnugen...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: CORRECTED POST: "A420 crash near Great Coxwell leads to jail for
drunk chav-cyclist - excellent
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 09:52:55 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 09:52 UTC

On 01/02/2024 09:08 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> “I’VE killed her. I know I’ve killed her,” said a fully-unqualified chav-cyclist when he and his girlfriend were flung from his car after he drunkenly crashed into a tree.
> Mohsin Khan was almost twice over the legal limit when he lost control of his Volkswagon [sic] Golf and crashed on the A420 between Great Coxwell and Watchfield on New Year's Eve.
> The force of the crash hurled himself and Charlotte Draper, 25, out of the vehicle.
> The mother-of-four was rushed to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Headington where she had needles put in her chest to help her start breathing again.
> She remains in the hospital where she has been told she may be paralysed from the waist down.
> Khan, who had been disqualified from driving only 12 days before the crash, was jailed for three years and four months at Oxford Crown Court on Tuesday (January 30) for causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

What about "driving" while disqualified, "driving" without a driving
licence and "driving" without insurance?

IOW, "driving" while being nothing better than a totally and
fully-unqualified chav-cyclist.

> Miss Draper’s mother, Victoria Baker, said her daughter’s future is still unknown.
> In a victim impact statement read out in court, she said: “The fact [Khan] will now go to prison and be out while she is in hospital…it’s so unfair that has been so injured and that the rest of her life is ruined.
> “She said she would rather be in prison than in hospital. It makes me so frustrated, angry and confused that the defendant can walk, talk and be fine while she is in hospital.”
> Defending Khan, barrister Aubrey Fletcher said he ‘readily acknowledges’ that Miss Draper faces life-altering injuries.
> She said: “The officer in the case comments that she’s never encountered a more thorough account of admission. He’s not trying to minimise his actions.”
> The court heard he also had a maturity screening test which provided a low result, as well as having an IQ of 75.

IQ of 75?

The ideal chav-cyclist.

> Sentencing Khan, Judge Ian Pringle accepted he demonstrated genuine remorse and gave him credit for his early guilty pleas.
> Khan, wearing a white t-shirt and grey tracksuit bottoms, showed no reaction to his sentence.
> He was also disqualified from driving for four years and will need to take an extended retest.
> Prosecuting the case, barrister Helen Rodger said that dash cam footage suggested that the 23-year-old was exceeding the 50mph speed limit at the time of the crash.
> While paramedics sought to help an unconscious Miss Draper, Khan, of no fixed abode, could be heard saying: “I’ve killed her. I know I’ve killed her.”
> Empty beer bottles were found in the car and Khan admitted during police interview that he was over the limit and driving while disqualified and thus without insurance.

> https://www.thisisoxfordshire.co.uk/news/24084142.a420-crash-near-great-coxwell-leads-jail-drink-driver/

Re: A420 crash near Great Coxwell leads to jail for drink-driver - excellent

<5233f19b-e347-4dae-9813-3e8fc67a924dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34608&group=uk.rec.cycling#34608

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 03:38:16 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 11:38 UTC

QUOTE: The court heard he also had a maturity screening test which provided a low result, as well as having an IQ of 75. ENDS

Just your typical scum driver incarnate then!
Next stop B&Q car park chav meet with an exhaust with holes drilled in it.

Re: CORRECTED POST: "A420 crash near Great Coxwell leads to jail for drunk chav-cyclist - excellent

<l237i0Fljs8U7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34628&group=uk.rec.cycling#34628

From: jnugen...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
drunk chav-cyclist - excellent
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 03:57:53 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 03:57 UTC

On 01/02/2024 09:52 am, JNugent wrote:
> On 01/02/2024 09:08 am, Simon Mason wrote:
>
>>   “I’VE killed her. I know I’ve killed her,” said a fully-unqualified
>> chav-cyclist when he and his girlfriend were flung from his car after
>> he drunkenly crashed into a tree.
>> Mohsin Khan was almost twice over the legal limit when he lost control
>> of his Volkswagon [sic] Golf and crashed on the A420 between Great
>> Coxwell and Watchfield on New Year's Eve.
>> The force of the crash hurled himself and Charlotte Draper, 25, out of
>> the vehicle.
>> The mother-of-four was rushed to the John Radcliffe Hospital in
>> Headington where she had needles put in her chest to help her start
>> breathing again.
>>   She remains in the hospital where she has been told she may be
>> paralysed from the waist down.
>> Khan, who had been disqualified from driving only 12 days before the
>> crash, was jailed for three years and four months at Oxford Crown
>> Court on Tuesday (January 30) for causing serious injury by dangerous
>> driving.
>
> What about "driving" while disqualified, "driving" without a driving
> licence and "driving" without insurance?
>
> IOW, "driving" while being nothing better than a totally and
> fully-unqualified chav-cyclist.
>>
>>   Miss Draper’s mother, Victoria Baker, said her daughter’s future is
>> still unknown.
>> In a victim impact statement read out in court, she said: “The fact
>> [Khan] will now go to prison and be out while she is in hospital…it’s
>> so unfair that has been so injured and that the rest of her life is
>> ruined.
>> “She said she would rather be in prison than in hospital. It makes me
>> so frustrated, angry and confused that the defendant can walk, talk
>> and be fine while she is in hospital.”
>> Defending Khan, barrister Aubrey Fletcher said he ‘readily
>> acknowledges’ that Miss Draper faces life-altering injuries.
>> She said: “The officer in the case comments that she’s never
>> encountered a more thorough account of admission. He’s not trying to
>> minimise his actions.”
>> The court heard he also had a maturity screening test which provided a
>> low result, as well as having an IQ of 75.
>
> IQ of 75?
>
> The ideal chav-cyclist...

....meaning that it is the upper end of the IQ range for chav-cyclists.

The modal figure would be significantly lower.

>> Sentencing Khan, Judge Ian Pringle accepted he demonstrated genuine
>> remorse and gave him credit for his early guilty pleas.
>> Khan, wearing a white t-shirt and grey tracksuit bottoms, showed no
>> reaction to his sentence.
>> He was also disqualified from driving for four years and will need to
>> take an extended retest.
>> Prosecuting the case, barrister Helen Rodger said that dash cam
>> footage suggested that the 23-year-old was exceeding the 50mph speed
>> limit at the time of the crash.
>> While paramedics sought to help an unconscious Miss Draper, Khan, of
>> no fixed abode, could be heard saying: “I’ve killed her. I know I’ve
>> killed her.”
>> Empty beer bottles were found in the car and Khan admitted during
>> police interview that he was over the limit and driving while
>> disqualified and thus without insurance.
>
>> https://www.thisisoxfordshire.co.uk/news/24084142.a420-crash-near-great-coxwell-leads-jail-drink-driver/

Re: A420 crash near Great Coxwell leads to jail for drunk chav-cyclist - excellent

<l237noFljs8U8@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34629&group=uk.rec.cycling#34629

From: jnugen...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: A420 crash near Great Coxwell leads to jail for drunk
chav-cyclist - excellent
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 04:00:57 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 04:00 UTC

On 01/02/2024 11:38 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: The court heard he also had a maturity screening test which provided a low result, as well as having an IQ of 75. ENDS
A bit too bright to be riding a chav-bike then?

> Just your typical scum driver incarnate then!

Hardly. With no driving licence, all he's unqualified for is riding a
chav-cycle like yours.