From: use...@page2.eu (Clive Page)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: What's up with the Midland Mainline today
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 12:51:35 +0100
 by: Clive Page - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 11:51 UTC

Does anyone have any idea what's going wrong on the Midland Main Line?

There are almost no Thameslink trains running, at most one every two hours, but those that do run seem to be getting from Bedford to St.Pancras with not much delay and some even getting through to Brighton. So the track inspections must have been completed, after the heatwave.

Could it be like the incident about 3 years ago when the mains frequency dropped below 49.5 Hz for a few seconds and disabled nearly all class 700 trains because of a failure of Siemens to build them to spec? I wonder if the extreme heat yesterday has put nearly all of them all out of action again?

But the EMR Connect service between Corby and St.Pancras also has just about all trains cancelled, though the website just says "no services before 10:00". So the explanation above hardly makes sense.

There's nothing on NR or Thameslink or EMR websites of use, except to say "a number of incidents" are causing disruption. So what the hell is going on?

--
Clive Page

Re: What's up with the Midland Mainline today

<u+HOpbWax$1iFA8B@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34845&group=uk.railway#34845

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: What's up with the Midland Mainline today
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 14:00:10 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 13:00 UTC

In message <jjq8i9Ft9raU1@mid.individual.net>, at 12:51:35 on Wed, 20
Jul 2022, Clive Page <usenet@page2.eu> remarked:
>Does anyone have any idea what's going wrong on the Midland Main Line?
>
>There are almost no Thameslink trains running, at most one every two
>hours, but those that do run seem to be getting from Bedford to
>St.Pancras with not much delay and some even getting through to
>Brighton. So the track inspections must have been completed, after the
>heatwave.
>
>Could it be like the incident about 3 years ago when the mains
>frequency dropped below 49.5 Hz for a few seconds and disabled nearly
>all class 700 trains because of a failure of Siemens to build them to
>spec? I wonder if the extreme heat yesterday has put nearly all of them
>all out of action again?
>
>But the EMR Connect service between Corby and St.Pancras also has just
>about all trains cancelled, though the website just says "no services
>before 10:00". So the explanation above hardly makes sense.
>
>There's nothing on NR or Thameslink or EMR websites of use, except to
>say "a number of incidents" are causing disruption. So what the hell
>is going on?

Dunno, but here in East Anglia, Great Northern is saying they can't run
very many trains because the drivers and rolling stock are "in the wrong
places".

Notwithstanding they had all day Sunday to get their trains home to bed,
and have their drivers been in B&B ever since then having abandoned
their trains heavens knows where, and maybe can't get to work because
there are no trains?

At the time of writing they've managed to find the trains and crew for
two shuttles from Kings Lynn to Cambridge and back, and nothing from
Kings Cross to Cambridge.
--
Roland Perry

Re: What's up with the Midland Mainline today

<OqmdneGcvOdjqkX_nZ2dnUU7-W-dnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=34850&group=uk.railway#34850

From: ala...@darkroom.+.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 12:14:38 -0500
 by: Alan - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 17:14 UTC

On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 12:51:35 +0100, Clive Page wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea what's going wrong on the Midland Main Line?

On the radio it said it was ohle that had failed and caused a fire.