From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: DVLA Desperation
Date: 3 Mar 2022 11:08:34 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 11:08 UTC

I have updated my car log book online and went on to update the address on
my driving licence.

There are a couple of numbers that don't seem to agree with their records
despite my checking them 3 times so I am now in a loop that requires me to
give a reason why I don't have my current licence, despite the fact I am
holding it in my hand to read the information on it.

I despair of government IT systems.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
That's an amazing invention but who would ever want to use one of them?

Re: DVLA Desperation

<svqdi2$232$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3501&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3501

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: DVLA Desperation
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 12:50:11 +0000
 by: Indy Jess John - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 12:50 UTC

On 03/03/2022 11:08, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> I have updated my car log book online and went on to update the address on
> my driving licence.
>
> There are a couple of numbers that don't seem to agree with their records
> despite my checking them 3 times so I am now in a loop that requires me to
> give a reason why I don't have my current licence, despite the fact I am
> holding it in my hand to read the information on it.
>
> I despair of government IT systems.

I had a similar problem with my classic car.
I had normally renewed my MOT a bit before the old one ran out, and the
details on the old one were used to record the pass on the DVLA system.
That was until I was waiting for parts and the new MOT test was a few
days after the old certificate expired, so I didn't bother to leave the
old certificate in the car. The MOT garage used the details off the VIN
plate and the DVLA computer complained it had no record of that car. So
I fished out the expired certificate and the reference on that
certificate was not exactly the same as the VIN plate, one digit was
different. Putting in the details off the old certificate got me a new
MOT certificate.

Faced with the discrepancy between the VIN and the DVLA history, my
local classic car restorer offered to make me a new VIN to match the
DVLA records. That was a lot easier than trying to persuade the DVLA
that they had a typo when they originally input the car details.

Jim