From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Conspiracy Theory
Date: 5 Mar 2022 11:04:55 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 11:04 UTC

I have commented on social media and news websites that Putin's invasion
of Ukraine is a direct response to the failure of the West to do anything
effective about his takeover of Crimea and that unless we stand up to this
bully we'll be able to see him from the White Cliffs through half decent
binoculars soon.

The reaction is interesting. Most people seem to think it's nothing to do
with us and we should keep out of it, sometimes adding some Putin rhetoric.

I'm sure some people genuinely feel that but it seems to me it is so
widespread that there is misinformation afoot and social media is being
used to soften us up so we'll keep out of it.

Anybody else noticed this?

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Remember, the Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

Re: Conspiracy Theory

<svvlf6$o5c$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3510&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3510

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: Conspiracy Theory
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 12:35:50 +0000
 by: Indy Jess John - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 12:35 UTC

On 05/03/2022 11:04, Jeff Gaines wrote:

> I have commented on social media and news websites that Putin's invasion
> of Ukraine is a direct response to the failure of the West to do anything
> effective about his takeover of Crimea and that unless we stand up to this
> bully we'll be able to see him from the White Cliffs through half decent
> binoculars soon.
>
> The reaction is interesting. Most people seem to think it's nothing to do
> with us and we should keep out of it, sometimes adding some Putin rhetoric.
>
> I'm sure some people genuinely feel that but it seems to me it is so
> widespread that there is misinformation afoot and social media is being
> used to soften us up so we'll keep out of it.
>
> Anybody else noticed this?

Don't forget that there are media experts in the Kremlin who are no
doubt cloning existing identities and flooding social media with
pro-Putin propaganda.

Jim

Re: Conspiracy Theory

<svvuv9$vhj$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3514&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3514

From: who...@me.nul (Who, me?)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 15:18:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Who, me? - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 15:18 UTC

On Sat, 05 Mar 2022 12:35:50 +0000, Indy Jess John wrote:

> On 05/03/2022 11:04, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>
>> I have commented on social media and news websites that Putin's
>> invasion of Ukraine is a direct response to the failure of the West to
>> do anything effective about his takeover of Crimea and that unless we
>> stand up to this bully we'll be able to see him from the White Cliffs
>> through half decent binoculars soon.
>>
>> The reaction is interesting. Most people seem to think it's nothing to
>> do with us and we should keep out of it, sometimes adding some Putin
>> rhetoric.
>>
>> I'm sure some people genuinely feel that but it seems to me it is so
>> widespread that there is misinformation afoot and social media is being
>> used to soften us up so we'll keep out of it.
>>
>> Anybody else noticed this?
>>

> Don't forget that there are media experts in the Kremlin who are no
> doubt cloning existing identities and flooding social media with
> pro-Putin propaganda.

Not to mention Trump supporters in both the US and the UK.

I'm amused that many in the US Republican party are supporters of a
regime that, in the 1950s, saw their party have as a Senator the
infamous Joseph McCarthy.

--
david

Re: Conspiracy Theory

<t01pi1$9qd$1@amos-jones.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3515&group=uk.people.silversurfers#3515

From: amos-jo...@outlook.com (Ray)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 07:57:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ray - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 07:57 UTC

On 5 Mar 2022 at 12:35:50 GMT, "Indy Jess John"
<bathwatchdog@OMITTHISgooglemail.com> wrote:

> On 05/03/2022 11:04, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>
>> I have commented on social media and news websites that Putin's invasion
>> of Ukraine is a direct response to the failure of the West to do anything
>> effective about his takeover of Crimea and that unless we stand up to this
>> bully we'll be able to see him from the White Cliffs through half decent
>> binoculars soon.
>>
>> The reaction is interesting. Most people seem to think it's nothing to do
>> with us and we should keep out of it, sometimes adding some Putin rhetoric.
>>
>> I'm sure some people genuinely feel that but it seems to me it is so
>> widespread that there is misinformation afoot and social media is being
>> used to soften us up so we'll keep out of it.
>>
>> Anybody else noticed this?
>>

> Don't forget that there are media experts in the Kremlin who are no
> doubt cloning existing identities and flooding social media with
> pro-Putin propaganda.

Don't mention the War.
It's not a war. That;s why they had to make it illegal to say it is.
When you have to resort to that kind of control you must be worried about
something.

--
US civil defence guidelines advise against using hair conditioner after a nuclear strike.